Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

GCW's card for tonight in LA is stacked. Gray/Bey could be a show stealer. Also the debut of Starboy Charlie from here in NorCal! He's only 16 and has a ton of talent.

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1220486753599004673?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beyond sellin some shirts of something. This angle has some chikara vibes now
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1220825410407206913

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I demand Ice Train vs Marko Stunt.

Marko owe you money?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Marko owe you money?

mom says I have to call him Daddy now.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Former CZW World Champion and the shoot brother of Nick Gage, Justice Pain has passed away.

There was a window of time where he was one of the top guys on the East Coast, so it’s surreal to hear he has passed.

I hope Gage has friends around him tonight.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1220821193462337536?s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Seem like Mucha Lucha Atlanta is partnering with ROH for their upcoming March 15 show. It's always a lil hard to facebook translate the posts with 100% accuracy, but it seem like Rush, Dragon Lee and Bandido are CONFIRMADO, and potentially Flamita and others to be announced soon.

MLA has been pretty good about getting the people they've announced (Minus the Lucha Bros for one event), so y'know, I'm pretty hyped for this.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

GCW announced their clusterfuck for tonight. It's gonna be good. Keep an eye on Slice Boogie and Starboy Charlie

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1220895447134326785?s=19

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Starboy Charlie looks even younger in person.
Dickinson vs. Starr was my match of the night.
gently caress RSP.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dr. Baker posted:

Starboy Charlie looks even younger in person.
Dickinson vs. Starr was my match of the night.
gently caress RSP.

Dickinson vs Starr was great but I feel like Mance vs Deppen edged it out just a little bit more. Just because I enjoy watching two psychos just be psychos.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That was the first or second GCW show I've watched (except for the past two Janela Spring Breaks) and it's a lot of fun. I don't really know who most of these guys are, but I like them.

It feels like what everyone says PWG used to be, except they don't have this archaic no-streaming-our-shows policy so it's way more accessible.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
GCW certainly caters to the local L.A. crowds that couldn't follow PWG to the Globe. The Ukraine Culture Center is my favorite venue for indie show out here.
Mance vs. Deppen is a close second for me, Rob.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1221117057720311808

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CVagts posted:

That was the first or second GCW show I've watched (except for the past two Janela Spring Breaks) and it's a lot of fun. I don't really know who most of these guys are, but I like them.

It feels like what everyone says PWG used to be, except they don't have this archaic no-streaming-our-shows policy so it's way more accessible.

That policy is because they wouldn’t be able to use ROH or AEW talent if they did that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

That policy is because they wouldn’t be able to use ROH or AEW talent if they did that.

I know that applies to ROH talent but are you sure about AEW talent? They seem to be working for streaming promotions just fine.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dr. Baker posted:

GCW certainly caters to the local L.A. crowds that couldn't follow PWG to the Globe. The Ukraine Culture Center is my favorite venue for indie show out here.
Mance vs. Deppen is a close second for me, Rob.

Yeah both of those matches were just bangers the whole way through.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I Before E posted:

I know that applies to ROH talent but are you sure about AEW talent? They seem to be working for streaming promotions just fine.

I meant Impact, don’t know why I wrote AEW, but even then they seem to not care so much anymore so I guess just ROH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1221180376133111810

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I continue to think that Alex Shelley looks like the guy cast to play Chris Brookes in a biopic.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Lamuella posted:

I continue to think that Alex Shelley looks like the guy cast to play Chris Brookes in a biopic.

Made even better by how much Brookes is loved by Shelley.

I’m excited that Brookes is gonna have an extended stay in Japan, but I’m bummed this means a possible Shelley/Brookes match is even further away from happening.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HEEAAAATTT

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1220970156920172544

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lamuella posted:

They'd have to put him on like nine inch lifts but they really do look similar

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The rando fan really makes this

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

So I guess it was suicide from what Gage said? And he still worked? drat, dude.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Beyond's "Please Come Back" was a great show this afternoon. Kris Stat put TJ Crawford on the map like John Silver did for her the last PCB. The Rep and MSP also had great showings that hopefully lead to future Beyond bookings.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Deathlove posted:

So I guess it was suicide from what Gage said? And he still worked? drat, dude.

I mean he’s surrounded by fans that truly love him and he also around friends. Seems like a decent place to be after that news.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Drew should've been using The Rep for years. Better late than never, I suppose.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

is there anything more pure than professional wrestling

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I mean he’s surrounded by fans that truly love him and he also around friends. Seems like a decent place to be after that news.

Gage immediately being mobbed by the fans during his entrance was the best all things considered. Any given night, that man has a room of hundreds who actually love/respect him.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nick Gage is one of the most charismatic wrestlers you'll ever see live. His music hits and you can't resist screaming at him to kill his opponent and it makes you want to stab a cop caller.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Nick Gage is one of the most charismatic wrestlers you'll ever see live. His music hits and you can't resist screaming at him to kill his opponent and it makes you want to stab a cop caller.

Can 1000% confirm this feeling every time I have seen Nick Gage enter, and in my experience the smaller the venue is the better the energy is.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Blitzkrieg announced they booked Gage for their show at the end of February. Haven't seen him live in like 4 years. The hype is real!

edit - they also booked Deppen too. I don't know how many promotions are going against AEW Revolution, but snag up those big name indy guys I suppose.

TUS fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 26, 2020

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pinche Rudo posted:

It helps that Gage matches consistently deliver what's promised (violent chaotic spectacle) so he's earned a lot of goodwill with fans. He's definitely got the Necro Butcher aura of "this motherfucker is here to kill people."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CombineThresher posted:

It helps that Gage matches consistently deliver what's promised (violent chaotic spectacle) so he's earned a lot of goodwill with fans. He's definitely got the Necro Butcher aura of "this motherfucker is here to kill people."

At the GCW show on Friday right before he face washed the door right into Matthew Justices face he pointed at me and said this poo poo is for you man I’m doing this for you. It ruled. Gage rules.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PWX in the Carolinas is partnering with IWTV now. Their X-16 tournament got posted.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current card for Black Label Pro's Quantum Leap show next month (Feb 29):

Erick Stevens defends the world title against Josh Alexander
Chris Dickinson vs Jake Something
Warhorse vs Effy
AJ Gray defends the Midwest title against Kylie Rae
Blake Christian and Alex Zayne vs the Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier and Trey Miguel)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chris James 2 posted:

Current card for Black Label Pro's Quantum Leap show next month (Feb 29):

Erick Stevens defends the world title against Josh Alexander
Chris Dickinson vs Jake Something
Warhorse vs Effy
AJ Gray defends the Midwest title against Kylie Rae
Blake Christian and Alex Zayne vs the Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier and Trey Miguel)

And that's in the afternoon, so you can watch that and Revolution.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWX in the Carolinas is partnering with IWTV now. Their X-16 tournament got posted.
That one surprised me. Didn't PWX have closer ties to Highspots than most promotions? I could ask since I know a lot of the people involved, but I kind of figured that was why Kevin Kelly replaced Marty DeRosa (who decided to sit Mania weekend out) alongside Excalibur on commentary at Supershow last year.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Reitterating again- this is one of the better wrestling posters I've ever seen. Like I'd hang that and not feel ashamed (which most poster miserably fail at). Do you sell posters as merch?

I haven’t, but for one this good I probably should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Dickinson's Mania weekend:

vs Minoru Suzuki at Bloodsport
vs Shingo Takagi at WrestleCon
vs Masashi Takeda in a no submission/DQ/rules/holds barred deathmatch at ICW

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1221981978678964224