Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Excepting holidays or breaks they always get released on the same day, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm happy to wait on official releases but remembering what day stuff comes out or where I'm reading it kind of sucks. I guess I should start a spreadsheet? :shrug:
Weekly Jump stuff almost always comes out on the same time on Sunday afternoons. I just check then. Dunno about monthlies, they all lost me.

If you need a spreadsheet though, most chapters do tell you at the end when the next chapter will come out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WSJ chapters now come out 5 hours earlier I think.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Basically views on MangaPlus increased after JB and MS went down.

Supply and demand.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

I like it because it's so "light". Everyone is so happy with their adventures.

I also like the thing it's doing with having this huge sci-fi setting but keeping the details about it more or less hidden so we get to learn about them along with the characters (with each character seeming to have knowledge about some aspects of their world but being completely ignorant about other aspects). It's neat how they're just exploring with no real goals in mind (yet, anyways).

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100074 this series is trippy as hell and a really cool adventure story the art's a bit rough but it's really good!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Worried for the gang in the new elio chapter:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/783428/1

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I also like the thing it's doing with having this huge sci-fi setting but keeping the details about it more or less hidden so we get to learn about them along with the characters (with each character seeming to have knowledge about some aspects of their world but being completely ignorant about other aspects). It's neat how they're just exploring with no real goals in mind (yet, anyways).

That's one of the things Claymore also did very well. From both works I've read it seems Yagi is good at hinting at the bigger world, but not really going into said world unless the story really needs it for some reason. Prime Claymore example being the mainland.

New chapter I love these dorks.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Last couple chapters of SHY have kind of been fleshing out the goal of Sigma and his goons. And it introduced a force no hero should have to deal with, toon logic characters.

I also thought for the longest time that Spirit's power was teleportation since it seemed like that was how she got around. Turns out She's a logia user and I guess any hero can just use the teleport network to get from place to place

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

That's one of the things Claymore also did very well. From both works I've read it seems Yagi is good at hinting at the bigger world, but not really going into said world unless the story really needs it for some reason. Prime Claymore example being the mainland.

New chapter I love these dorks.

I just realized why this manga is so funny - it's by the guy who also did Angel Densetsu! I remember always being upset during Claymore because I felt like the author was much better suited to writing comedy (or at least stories with strong comedic angles) and Claymore was a bit too serious.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Mangaplus has updated.

I have so many opinions about We Never Learn...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
New jump series is....way too horny.

Feels like a series from the late 90s/early 2000s with a premise designed solely to produce fanservice.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Mangaplus has updated.

I have so many opinions about We Never Learn...

I hope this won't go the way I fear it will :(
Fumino usually solved everything by talking.

Zipman meanwhile confused me a little. I feel like I missed a chapter somehow. Art was good though.

Agravity boys continues to be Agravity boys. At least we confirmed the higher being is just a dick

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I appreciate The Higher Being's honesty in admitting that they're a dick. That, and for actually using the doorbell. :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The new series Undead Unluck is uh, a thing I guess. I don't see it lasting long.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

The new series Undead Unluck is uh, a thing I guess. I don't see it lasting long.

My idea as well. I don't know why, but it reminded me of Noah's Notes with how aggressive and unlikable the characters are.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Yeah, it seems like one of those premises that usually only gets a one-shot. It doesn't seem to be aiming to be a pure comedy series, but both of the main characters' powers are so powerful that I don't know how there could be interesting battles.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Darth TNT posted:

Zipman meanwhile confused me a little. I feel like I missed a chapter somehow. Art was good though.

Agravity boys continues to be Agravity boys. At least we confirmed the higher being is just a dick

What fear is that? I'm hoping for an Uruka ending like in the anime

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

amigolupus posted:

I appreciate The Higher Being's honesty in admitting that they're a dick. That, and for actually using the doorbell. :allears:

I appreciate the little things like the higher being getting bored by the other people talking and checking its higher dimension phone.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Hypocrisy posted:

I appreciate the little things like the higher being getting bored by the other people talking and checking its higher dimension phone.

Which chapter was it checking its phone?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mraagvpeine posted:

Which chapter was it checking its phone?

Whoops. I mixed up it drinking from a mug with a phone. My bad.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Darth TNT posted:

This is going to be interesting for sure. There are a zillion ways it could go, but I'd put money on all the main girls' feelings being mutually known by the end of the next chapter. With Kominami as the wild card and Sensei as the million-to-one long shot.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

What fear is that? I'm hoping for an Uruka ending like in the anime

I worry that we'll spend a few chapter with everyone being angry at each other. On of the things I like best about this manga is how everyone solves their issues by just talking about it and usually the instigator of that is Fumino. Her now being the possible focus of an argument makes that troublesome.

Mirage posted:

This is going to be interesting for sure. There are a zillion ways it could go, but I'd put money on all the main girls' feelings being mutually known by the end of the next chapter. With Kominami as the wild card and Sensei as the million-to-one long shot.

There's no way those 2 have a shot.

Fumino shouldn't kill steal though. Yuiga is Takemoto's kill.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Darth TNT posted:

I worry that we'll spend a few chapter with everyone being angry at each other. On of the things I like best about this manga is how everyone solves their issues by just talking about it and usually the instigator of that is Fumino. Her now being the possible focus of an argument makes that troublesome.

There's no way those 2 have a shot.

Fumino shouldn't kill steal though. Yuiga is Takemoto's kill.

There was a spoiler for Quints that was loving groan worthy as well. Why do these authors always inject so much cheap drama just as things seem to actually settle down?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

doomrider7 posted:

There was a spoiler for Quints that was loving groan worthy as well. Why do these authors always inject so much cheap drama just as things seem to actually settle down?

What's the spoiler?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

That's kind the MO for the genre though.

Fumino is a filthy snake btw.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulderman posted:

That's kind the MO for the genre though.

Fumino is a filthy snake btw.

My ideal ending would be for the schoolgirl trio to wipe each other out due to mutual jealousy-induced violence, Sensei to trap herself behind a wall of the messy garbage in her house, and best girl Senpai to snatch the dark horse victory in the Yuigabowl.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, i've really been loving these last few chapters of Haikyuu.

I don't read as much sports manga as I maybe should but from those I have i've always wished for something of an arc like this. It's super cool!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JosephWongKS posted:

My ideal ending would be for the schoolgirl trio to wipe each other out due to mutual jealousy-induced violence, Sensei to trap herself behind a wall of the messy garbage in her house, and best girl Senpai to snatch the dark horse victory in the Yuigabowl.
"For the love of God, Yuiga!"

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

RatHat posted:

What's the spoiler?

Turns out that I tsuki DOES have feelings for Fuutaro and only realized it when it was too late so new angst.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
New Jump Series:

One Punch Harry Potter

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100083

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The main character reminds me of Mob.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It's neither as funny or charming as Mob though.
This feels incredibly bland and one note and I don't think it'll make it past May.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This literally feels like budget ONE. It did make me laugh a few times though at least.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Tsutsui is drawing Uruka like she got two years older over the last few chapters. She's out! :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sensei Flag closed

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
doki doki

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No flags are closed until they are forgotten.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Crain posted:

New Jump Series:

One Punch Harry Potter

it's not even the best manga with that exact premise, and the other one is only vaguely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Crain posted:

New Jump Series:

One Punch Harry Potter

Isn't this basically the premise of Black Clover, among other things?