Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Comrade Fakename posted:

What did she tweet before she nuked her account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
oh my god

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It was her telling Bobby Sands PHD that she didn't like being accused of plagiarism.

L O loving L

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely do not cease to be amazed how many loving journo melts can not recognize that particular piss take.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I genuinely do not cease to be amazed how many loving journo melts can not recognize that particular piss take.

He's sat so perfectly on the cusp of believability, and they're all thick as poo poo. I think they're slowly cottoning on purely through word of mouth rather than learning.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's a bizarre world where the most credulous people are at the forefront of opinion journalism and the highest paid cartoonist is the squiggle guy.

lol, meritocracy

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Just saw this in the OSHA thread, don't remember having seen it here:

https://twitter.com/b9AcE/status/1201801310225534976?s=20

Why the gently caress aren't workers in the UK like this? This owns.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Why the gently caress aren't workers in the UK like this? This owns.

Brits r spineless cowards.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Scaffolders are proper tough guys.That is the most back breaking work.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jippa posted:

You should try being a mum :smug:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

If you had to walk around a building site with a title like Apprentice Erector you'd toughen up pretty loving quick too.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Who wants to pay £450 a month to live in a converted office toilet in Portsmouth? 22 whole square metres and possibly a skylight!!

https://twitter.com/CalCorkery/status/1221480906491416580

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/janinegibson/status/1221455857373847553?s=21

Of course.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

floofyscorp posted:

Who wants to pay £450 a month to live in a converted office toilet in Portsmouth? 22 whole square metres and possibly a skylight!!

There's one of these near me except they start at ~£550PCM. Half the flats either have no natural light or a tiny square skylight. They're essentially a bed in a kitchen with a toilet in a cupboard.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

floofyscorp posted:

that office block flooded a few months ago. I know because the recruitment agency that used to inhabit the ground floor moved out and then ghosted me after I signed on with them. But it is within stumbling distance of the local Job Centre Plus and a Greggs

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

floofyscorp posted:

Years of reading LROOTW has left me thinking "eh, not that bad" somehow.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's the logical conclusion of all those "toilet in the bedroom" and "toilet in the kitchen" rental opportunities. Entire flat is in a toilet.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

It's the logical conclusion of all those "toilet in the bedroom" and "toilet in the kitchen" rental opportunities. Entire flat is in a toilet.

When you are having a dinner party and someone asks where the loo is, you just tilt your head and give a knowing look and everyone has a great laugh :newlol:

just poo poo and piss anywhere, you can't loving miss

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Kessler Syndrome and space radiation can both be solved with the same solution, i.e., we don't build fragile space colonies we build massively armed and armored permanently habitable starships.

If I were in space I would simply shoot the orbital debris and the radiation.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

floofyscorp posted:

Who wants to pay £450 a month to live in a converted office toilet in Portsmouth?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

Kessler Syndrome and space radiation can both be solved with the same solution, i.e., we don't build fragile space colonies we build massively armed and armored permanently habitable starships.

If I were in space I would simply shoot the orbital debris and the radiation.
The "it wouldn't have happened if had gun" approach to space architecture.

UKMT February 2020 -

crispix posted:

just poo poo and piss anywhere, you can't loving miss

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The Guardian interviewed some people on Eurostar about brexit

Voted for it, didn't think it should have happened, would vote for it again, wanted it to happen instantly and without chaos, does not know what effect it will have on the UK. :shepface:

quote:

72, retired railway worker
British, lives in south-east London
Day trip

I’m having a day out. I’m not sure of my final destination yet – maybe Bruges. I’m glad it’s all finally sorted. I voted out and would vote out again but I didn’t vote for all the chaos, which has annoyed and upset me. It should have been a clean break. Although I voted out, I don’t think the referendum should have happened. I think it was an attempt to unite the Conservative party. I think there’ll be hiccups in the transition process, but I really don’t know how Britain will change.
x

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Building regs always used to be at least 2 doors between kitchen and bathroom. So either this is in contravention (only seems to be 1 on the floor plan) or building regs dumbed down.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

OwlFancier posted:

The 'opinion forming' classes are lazy as hell and not actually particularly bright, although they invariably have impressively large egos.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

sinky posted:

The Guardian interviewed some people on Eurostar about brexit

Voted for it, didn't think it should have happened, would vote for it again, wanted it to happen instantly and without chaos, does not know what effect it will have on the UK. :shepface:

x

With respect to all the good people who would be affected, I'm starting to lust for a hard Brexit that fucks the country rotten so I can scream in these fuckers' faces until my voice gives out and leave them with tinnitus.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Also, I've just looked at a list of Catherine Bennett's articles and it's a collection of the most vacuous, 'my 2 cents' page filler imaginable.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Guavanaut posted:

The "it wouldn't have happened if had gun" approach to all architecture.

:hai:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/shaunjlawson/status/1221377670627450882?s=20

Did this guy used to be good, or was he always a melt?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Not me, I live in Southsea :smuggo:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I was looking into Schengen visas still no definite info on when and if they'll be needed, but apparently one of the conditions is proving a minimum bank balance of €3000 for six months. If you have that much why would you have it sitting in a bank account instead of savings earning a pathetic but Nonzero interest?
Also transit visas for EU airports.
I think brexiteers think only the UK will exercise border controls and don't expect it to apply to them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

WhatEvil posted:

Fluctuates wildly between both positions - almost like he's a normal person who isn't just ideologically hardstuck on one position.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Miftan posted:

Fluctuates wildly between both positions - almost like he's a normal person who isn't just ideologically hardstuck on one position.

Then I have no time for him.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I was looking into Schengen visas still no definite info on when and if they'll be needed, but apparently one of the conditions is proving a minimum bank balance of €3000 for six months. If you have that much why would you have it sitting in a bank account instead of savings earning a pathetic but Nonzero interest?
Also transit visas for EU airports.
I think brexiteers think only the UK will exercise border controls and don't expect it to apply to them.

Waiting to find out how Denmark handles those of us living and working here as EU citizens, which I won't be any more, shortly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

lmao when we had AN EFFECTIVE OPPOSITION the public were calling on Parliament to just get together and sort it out

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Building regs always used to be at least 2 doors between kitchen and bathroom. So either this is in contravention (only seems to be 1 on the floor plan) or building regs dumbed down.

Now you only need one if you have a bathroom extractor fan.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Not UK politics quite yet but just saw a pretty wild video from out of Wuhan that's saying things there are way worse than is being reported, and the number of different people they showed just loving collapsing in the street or in a store or whatever kind of suggests it might be true.

I'm glad we have the competent and effective government we just elected. Certainly they will be well able to handle this crisis when it reaches our shores (I don't doubt it already has but no confirmed cases yet) and provide whatever support possible to British citizens living in China atm.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Quite apart from whatever's going on in the cities, the Uyghur concentration camps are going to end up with something like a 100% infection rate.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Ms Adequate posted:

Not UK politics quite yet but just saw a pretty wild video from out of Wuhan that's saying things there are way worse than is being reported, and the number of different people they showed just loving collapsing in the street or in a store or whatever kind of suggests it might be true.

I'm glad we have the competent and effective government we just elected. Certainly they will be well able to handle this crisis when it reaches our shores (I don't doubt it already has but no confirmed cases yet) and provide whatever support possible to British citizens living in China atm.

I read somewhere (maybe even on here) that they're building a new hospital (darn quick) and there's more like 90000 people dead?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I read somewhere (maybe even on here) that they're building a new hospital (darn quick) and there's more like 90000 people dead?

Think that number's infected rather than dead, last I heard was something around the 90k-100k infected ballpark. I don't think they could keep a hundred thousand dead quiet. Christ, I hope not at least, if it's that bad then we're not dealing with a nasty viral outbreak, we're dealing with some End Times poo poo.

They're working on either two or three new hospitals (reports are conflicting) and hoping to get them working within a week, which is an incredible speed to build them, but I guess if you're staring down the barrel of a gun this big it lights a fire under your asses.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Quite apart from whatever's going on in the cities, the Uyghur concentration camps are going to end up with something like a 100% infection rate.

Sadly very likely to be true :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Johns Hopkins has actually made a live map of reported cases, so you can pretend you're playing pandemic. https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
It's pretty cool.

The virus is bad. The group managing it wrote a paper in the Lancet a few days ago. Something like 1/3 of the patients described went to ITU and 1/7 died.

winegums fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 26, 2020