Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Arist posted:

If Horikoshi hurts Burnin' I don't know how I'll react

Same, but also Mirko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhonne posted:

Same, but also Mirko.

Goes without saying really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Arist posted:

you'll burn the place down :dadjoke:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If anything happens to any female character, really

Maybe a few of the guys

I mean, who'd really miss Sero, or the two guys that are "there" and never do anything? Sugarlips and Fluttershy, I mean

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm really sad that Twice's new best bud Hawks is lying to him and manipulating him. He's gonna be so broken up about the eventual betrayal. :(

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Wonder what Giran's up to. He and Twice were buddies too.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Honestly I think it'd be a real ironic twist for Hawks to not get his cover blown by whatever happens but instead he gets stuck with the villains - like if the people in charge of his operation get slaughtered and meanwhile he's seen hanging out with the Liberation Front by the general public, so now everyone thinks he really is Liberation Front and the success of whatever happens soon means Hawks can't afford to "defect" - he'd end up trapped in a birdcage for real, stuck associating with the people who will probably kill Endeavor

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Not sure if I'm ready for this manga remake of Internal Affairs

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What's funny is that people have gotten so attached to basically almost every character of any note, and some characters not of note that if there's a gigantic massacre coming the fanbase is going to mostly be really pissed off and upset.

I wonder if Eri can restore people who get turned to dust.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The time has come. Execute Order 66. :getin:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Arist posted:

Oh, she's evil.

I'm not gonna tox on it, but she's evil.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if Eri can restore people who get turned to dust.

She can't, her power only works on living beings.

That said, if we hooked Eri up with some Trigger, maybe...

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i'm gonna sat that most of the heroes aren't actually gonna die, but enough get hurt that all the lovely no names start quitting en masse

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Elfgames posted:

i'm gonna sat that most of the heroes aren't actually gonna die, but enough get hurt that all the lovely no names start quitting en masse
The less extreme thing would be it being some trap that locks them all on the mountain in some way.

The extreme thing is Shiggy walking out of whatever tube he's in and dusting everyone all at once.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Remember when Bean Jeanist got a hole blown through his torso by Darth Shigaraki and lived?

Except now he might actually be dead. :ohdear:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After all of the Pro Heroes are dusted, we skip forward five years where Izuku leads a therapy group dealing with loss.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

After all of the Pro Heroes are dusted, we skip forward five years where Izuku leads a therapy group dealing with loss.

Punch based therapy?

It is a shonen manga, after all.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Best Jeanist is still in a gym bag somewhere

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Funky Valentine posted:

First, it feels like you're standing all alone. Then, you'll meet someone who's sitting down. When they stand up, you have to stand with them.. And then, they'll trust you to even see them down on the ground.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Funky Valentine posted:

Pro Therapist Bakugo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

For real though, I would lose my poo poo if Shigaraki Thanos snapped the Pro Heroes.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is Dabi the closest thing to a Sasuke in this series?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Maybe Doc has managed to mass produce the quirk bullets and a whole bunch of heroes are going to get Mirio'd

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

For real though, I would lose my poo poo if Shigaraki Thanos snapped the Pro Heroes.

Horikoshi watched Infinity War and suddenly realized what Shigaraki's power would become if given the enhancement drug.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is Dabi the closest thing to a Sasuke in this series?

If he's Touya, then yes.

Though, wouldn't his backstory reminds me more of Itachi killing all of the Uchiha.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Horikoshi has taken the criticism of having too big of a cast to manage to heart. You can look forward to him correcting that issue in a few short weeks. :unsmigghh:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Yo... Who the hell signed off on that endeavor doll?

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Since Shigiraki has already been using the traditional shonen hero tropes for himself I can't wait for the villains to be beaten back by the heroes and when all hope is lost Shigiraki recovers from his surgery days earlier than he should through force of will to arrive and save the day with his new power up.

He'll dust some unimportant heroes but stop due to not being used to the new power or as a consequences of waking up early so he only succeeds in driving of the plot-important heroes so they can fight later.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

fractalairduct posted:

Theres a lot going on in that ed

Highlights i spotted

-toga hanging out with her classmates before the incident
-the burned photograph of the todoroki house. theyre not even being subtle now
-hawks?????
-volleyball mirko
-la brava and gentle's backstories
Fine. I'll watch the anime.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Fine. I'll watch the anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch06aB4Ioso

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

fractalairduct posted:

Theres a lot going on in that ed

Highlights i spotted

-toga hanging out with her classmates before the incident
-the burned photograph of the todoroki house. theyre not even being subtle now
-hawks?????
-volleyball mirko
-la brava and gentle's backstories

I don't think that final photograph is the Todoroki's

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheKirbs posted:

Since Shigiraki has already been using the traditional shonen hero tropes for himself I can't wait for the villains to be beaten back by the heroes and when all hope is lost Shigiraki recovers from his surgery days earlier than he should through force of will to arrive and save the day with his new power up.

He'll dust some unimportant heroes but stop due to not being used to the new power or as a consequences of waking up early so he only succeeds in driving of the plot-important heroes so they can fight later.
The final battle of the series is going to be a showdown at high noon with Izuku and Shigaraki standing an arm's length away from each other. Whoever draws on the power of friendship faster is the winner.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKirbs posted:

I don't think that final photograph is the Todoroki's

It shows everyone in Todoroki's family in that shot.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Kild posted:

It shows everyone in Todoroki's family in that shot.

Then it has a picture of Hawks.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It also shows Hawks in that shot, but he's definitely not a Todoroki and it's definitely not his house.

There's four photographs at that point; two for the Todoroki family, one for Hawks and then the ruined house is partially shown at the very end. Can only see the top of it. It almost certainly is related to Touya, though, since he's one of the few people that are very conspicuously absent from the entire ED.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 27, 2020

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Dragonatrix posted:

It also shows Hawks in that shot, but he's definitely not a Todoroki and it's definitely not his house.

There's four photographs at that point; two for the Todoroki family, one for Hawks and then the ruined house is partially shown at the very end. Can only see the top of it. It almost certainly is related to Touya, though, since he's one of the few people that are very conspicuously absent from the entire ED.

He's completely absent beside a mention of his name until about 5 arcs from where the anime is.

Much nearer is the backstory of another character which involves the destruction of their family and home who also has no pictures in the ending.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The anime thread's hatred of Shigaraki is hosed up and wrong.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well at this point he hasn't done too much.

Gonna love to see reactions to My Villain Academia if it gets animated

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Shirakumo's hair can be seen in the background of one of the photos with Present Mic and Eraserhead :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Thanks for the assist.

Funky Valentine posted:

The anime thread's hatred of Shigaraki is hosed up and wrong.
Unless you just generally like villains, there's not a whole lot of reason to like him yet. He's a brat and he's done very little. Hell, I still don't like him but I realize I'm in the minority there.