Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
we get a double helping of king corbin tonight?! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Literally the entire Chad Gable storyline has been:

- Tall heel says Gable is short and therefore not as good as him.
- Chad Gable says he accepts being short and it means nothing and he's just as good as the tall heel.
- Tall heel beats Chad Gable clean as a sheet in a fair fight.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
why would a face, if they have a loving brain, ever agree to a "falls count anywhere" or "street fight" match against an opponent who has a little posse.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wait they've only announced SEVEN participants for the women's rumble?

SEVEN?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I think regularly about the things AEW are doing that I don't like, and there are a decent amount, and all it takes is one "Shorty G" to be reminded the alternative is so much worse they barely matter

Almost immediately I'm comparing it to "The Librarian" Peter Avalon, and it's just night and day. Like, they're both doing the "look at this loser chump" thing, but Peter Avalon gets to be more interesting because they're playing it as "This guy hates everything about pro wrestling", meanwhile the one thing they're doing with Shorty G is "this guy is small and a chump", and I just don't see the point, if you're trying to make these people into marketable characters that will move product, whether television shows or T-Shirts.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Blaise330 posted:

AEW isn't good at in ring psychology AT ALL but at least the matches are fun cause they don't do babyface in peril for 50 years every match.

huh? I feel like that "AT ALL" is an exaggeration. aew have pretty good ring psychology often. not all the time but it's been good in many of the matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

why would a face, if they have a loving brain, ever agree to a "falls count anywhere" or "street fight" match against an opponent who has a little posse.
OVERCOMING THE ODDS

It’s Wrestlemania season now so while Roman’s been innofensive for the last couple months it’s time to push him to the loving top and that includes the Superman push

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the librarian is better than the entire wwe roster based on the fact that he is booked like his gimmick deserves: a idiot who trash talk everyone and get his rear end kicked.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm trying to listen to Phillips and King, but the lady in cheetah print shirt is very distracting

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
good call on whoever said Humberto/Andrade would be on the pre show

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if a butterfly was the size of an eagle, it would not be able to breathe

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol at andrade losing his last name AND middle nickname or whatever it was

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
K here's the unclean heel win you've been waiting for.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Cool uhhh bib on Andrade's gear?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Poor Zelina, still tiny in like 8 inch heels.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

still laughing that andrade's music says his names he no longer has

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Who the gently caress threw that ref into the air fryer for too long?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Gable vs Sheamus match was pretty good, but

Barreft posted:

jesus christ all I keep hearing is "Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G""Shorty G"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Who the gently caress threw that ref into the air fryer for too long?

I was thinking the same thing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
an ad for the show im already watching during a match in the show

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nice, two very good hispanos in a title match, finally a thing.

Oh, of course there's a commercial during the match and not the last hour of filler.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Obligatory "This is being aired at free sources. The ads are to convince people to see the rest of the show on the network"

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Seams posted:

an ad for the show im already watching during a match in the show

The pre-show is free, they are trying to sell network subs during the part of the pre-show most likely to be watched. It is like this every PPV.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drew McIntyre posted:

if a butterfly was the size of an eagle, it would not be able to breathe

what if Roman Reigns was the size of a big dog

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

ExHumus posted:

The pre-show is free, they are trying sell network subs during the part of the pre-show most likely to be watched. It is like this every PPV.

fair enough. i havent watched a preshow in yonks

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Somebody posted Big Yoshi so I had to go watch that dunkey vid again. That was a good video.

"YOSHI. That's the sound he makes."
"I know."
"Ok, bye bye."

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I don't like this match

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WWE is real smart they let me watch the Rumble for the price of signing up for a new e-mail address.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
No one who watches the pre-show doesn't already watch the show on the network or elsewhere already

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know if it's the particular setup they're using tonight or if it's always like this but I hate the way the sound is mixed? The in-ring action feels muted somehow, like it barely has any impact.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Silly Burrito posted:

what if Roman Reigns was the size of a big dog

he would have severe hip dysplasia

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't wait for Andrade to end this feud with Humberto so he can feud with Mysterio before his next feud with Humberto.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

well the roll up moonsault is loving stupid and slow

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ExHumus posted:

The pre-show is free, they are trying to sell network subs during the part of the pre-show most likely to be watched. It is like this every PPV.

AEW can show me a commercial feed for TNT an an uninterrupted feed for Fite. The technology is there. They can totally air the kickoff show without commercials if you have subscribed to the network and viewing with the Network

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

why doesn't anyone take a page out of the late, great, Big Boss Man instead?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The match is kinda good, but it just feels like these two guys are overworked.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Push El Burrito posted:

I can't wait for Andrade to end this feud with Humberto so he can feud with Mysterio before his next feud with Humberto.

And then Andrade will get into a mini feud with Sin Cara #3 or Kalisto.

Andrade seems to be the guy they like sticking other luchas with.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I LOVE the ROAR of the WWE UNIVERSE so much that I can't hear Vega...oh I can hear every word she is saying

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

If the audience is this dead I'm going to be able to hear one of the front row members break up with their partner on their phone during the falls count everywhere match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Push El Burrito posted:

Then feuding with each member of the lucha house party individually, then humberto again, then mysterio.