Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

as per my last email, we'll touch base, circle back and synergize
Back in 2017, I was 13 and posted an Ask/Tell thread about anorexia because I was severely anorexic. Struggled with it for 6 years, doctors said I would be anorexic for the rest of my life. Beat it at 18, haven’t struggled with it since (7 years). That’s just one of the difficult things I’ve accomplished.

When people say it can’t be done, all I say is, “Just watch.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Am I missing something

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Paladinus posted:

If we're talking about the stream, all popular streamers upload highlights from their streams as separate videos. I rarely have two hours to watch a whole stream, but if was a 15-20 minutes vid twice a week or something, that'd be much more digestible.

That’s definitely part of the plan. We’re on the same page.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really wish life would just throw our boy a bone one drat time instead of repeatedly making GBS threads on him constantly with broken necks and shady business partners and internet stalkers

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Unfortunately Art posted:

That’s definitely part of the plan. We’re on the same page.

Nice, nice, nice.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Honestly, as challenging as this will be, I’ve done harder things in life. I’m looking forward to it because everything I do is to spite god. I refuse to give up.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Back in 2017, I was 13 and posted an Ask/Tell thread about anorexia because I was severely anorexic. Struggled with it for 6 years, doctors said I would be anorexic for the rest of my life. Beat it at 18, haven’t struggled with it since (7 years). That’s just one of the difficult things I’ve accomplished.

When people say it can’t be done, all I say is, “Just watch.”

People said I couldn't possibly be 13 in 2017, and 18 7 years later. Just watch :cool:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
tane

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Donovan Trip posted:

People said I couldn't possibly be 13 in 2017, and 18 7 years later. Just watch :cool:

You have to carry the 7

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Donovan Trip posted:

I meant that I’m 25 now and haven’t struggled with anorexia since I was 18 in 2012.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Obviously I am not up to date on the forum culture as it is now. I’ll do my best to learn. Part of growing the business is learning more about all of you guys and your sense of humor. All of you are important to this business and I won’t ignore you.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Obviously I am not up to date on the forum culture as it is now. I’ll do my best to learn. Part of growing the business is learning more about all of you guys and your sense of humor. All of you are important to this business and I won’t ignore you.

actually most of us can be safely ignored

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Potassium Problems posted:

Truth.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Potassium Problems posted:

Probably. So far I really like Paladinus and Heather Papps for offering good ideas and possibly actually giving a gently caress. When I make a thread (dunno when, I’ll schedule time for it sometime this week), I’d love to hear everybody’s thoughts for how to make the brand better.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
For instance, a few of us sAY SUCK THE poo poo OUT OF MY rear end in a top hat and should be set to ignore immediately

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
cool marketing strat to try: opening fyad

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Sjs00 posted:

For instance, a few of us sAY SUCK THE poo poo OUT OF MY rear end in a top hat and should be set to ignore immediately

ummmmm tihs is the new vision statement, mission statement is I HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL TO GET OUT OF THIS HELLHOLE

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

lol is this a joke

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

kolby posted:

lol is this a joke

Nah I have to understand the current demographic in order to create new user/customer personas

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

kolby posted:

lol is this a joke

does she sound like your mom?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
So this all sounds well and good, keeping the forums running and all by increasing revenues via alternative avenues. What experience do you have? How many clients have seen increases in their revenues after you've been hired by them? Do you have a portfolio of you work we could check out?

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Lucavi posted:

cool marketing strat to try: opening fyad

here is what i was thinking: posting at all should be illegal

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Have you thought about an official discord

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

here is what i was thinking: posting at all should be illegal

I like the way you think

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

As someone who has to deal with consultants and marketing people for work, you have the up front bullshit talk down pat

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Nah I have to understand the current demographic in order to create new user/customer personas

as a person who has worked in the industry, have you ever, uh, market strategized before?

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
you mostly want to stay behind the scenes is rule #1

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Probably. So far I really like Paladinus and Heather Papps for offering good ideas and possibly actually giving a gently caress. When I make a thread (dunno when, I’ll schedule time for it sometime this week), I’d love to hear everybody’s thoughts for how to make the brand better.

that's really nice of you to say. the learning board cultures is gonna be a trip, but i'll tell you about my home board: byob is a place where we are nice to each other, aggressively. the end.

also, honestly, i do give a gently caress. i am an internet person, and for a long time, even when i wasn't actively posting, followed the SA posting rules in other spheres of the net. since i've been back on the reg it's been a very nice fun and helpful place for me.

BFM and i have been working together for a few months on getting Photoshop Phriday back on track, (i reformatted/watermarked about 110 images today and boy is my mouse tired), and i've super enjoyed doing it.

i have some ideas, BFM and i have done a good amount of commiserating over this very topic, and i've reached out to some other posters who would like to help SA remain what it is, a dead, gay forum for idiots.

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 27, 2020

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

kolby posted:

as a person who has worked in the industry, have you ever, uh, market strategized before?

considering my name, social media profiles, and even background check have been posted publicly on the internet in the context of the drama going on with Lowtax, I think it’s safe to say that this is overtaken by events. but thanks for your unsolicited opinion, it’s duly noted

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

kolby posted:

you mostly want to stay behind the scenes is rule #1

the first rule of market strategy school is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT MARKET STRATEGY

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

considering my name, social media profiles, and even background check have been posted publicly on the internet in the context of the drama going on with Lowtax, I think it’s safe to say that this is overtaken by events. but thanks for your unsolicited opinion, it’s duly noted

While this is true, it could have still been mitigated. If Pepsi is going to do a marketing campaign/rebranding, the consult that they hire isn't going to go on social media and call the wife of Coca-Cola's CEO a oval office.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

people here don't tend to care about all of that. 99% of the people here have never heard of you until you posted explaining that you're going to analyze their humor

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

My man personas are out its all about Jobs To Be Done

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Incitatus posted:

While this is true, it could have still been mitigated. If Pepsi is going to do a marketing campaign/rebranding, the consult that they hire isn't going to go on social media and call the wife of Coca-Cola's CEO a oval office.

and thats why pepsi will always lag behind

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

If you tie your social media to your business, both become intertwined into the identitiy of the other. Which is then a reflection of professionalism. Some advice from someone older than you. When your livliehood is tied to your image be careful what you put out on Facebook, Twitter, etc because it can always come back and really bite you.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Incitatus posted:

oh wow, i has no idea i was rebranding a company on par with pepsi, a huge international conglomerate!! ur right, i give up, u got me good

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Honestly, relax, lurk more, and don't force it.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

oh wow, i has no idea i was rebranding a company on par with pepsi, a huge international conglomerate!! ur right, i give up, u got me good

he shook you with THAT? can you just go away

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

kolby posted:

he shook you with THAT? can you just go away

make me dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

No, but it does say something about your professionalism and why people here might be a bit skeptical on your credentials and what you are doing here.