Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Outrail posted:

Open letter to HR/CEO: I'm very disappointed in -boss-'s blatant disregard for the health of my fellow employees and poor attitude for ongoing operational viability. Excessive workplace sickness can seriously impact profitability and....

I work for UPS the CEO would give him a bonus for putting company profits over employee safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Admiral Ray posted:

You will find that the foundations of most office buildings are in the shape of Nurgle's symbol.

So your saying we should start seeing death cults to Nurgle start popping up soon?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Devonaut posted:

hey what's that galloping sound?

gish, duh

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

When you started getting better was your appetite completely gone?

When I started recovering, and actually feeling good enough to take a shower and watch tv, I remember being horrified that I had 0 appetite. I had to force feed myself a pack of crackers over the course of a day.

I was scared I had hosed up something in my brain and I would die of starvation while never feeling hungry again.

Oh, for sure, it was a good chunk of a week before I was eating normally again.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zil posted:

So your saying we should start seeing death cults to Nurgle start popping up soon?

I think you'll find that the Republican Party has been active for generations

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zil posted:

You will find Nurgle's cultists in biohazard research labs.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Zil posted:

Soon? Antivaxxers have already popped up.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Ah Utopia, here we come.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Despera posted:

Even Xi Jinping admits there was a cover up. He threatened to "nail to a wall of shame" the people responsible.

There are many wuhan metro peeps working under the basically certain knowledge that afterwards, they will spend some serious time in a gulag

that's bureaucracy!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Collateral posted:

Ah Utopia, here we come.

Been thinking this as well.
I'm hoping the Irish are the only ones immune if it is.

I wish they made a series 2 of that show. Great soundtrack.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

There are many wuhan metro peeps working under the basically certain knowledge that afterwards, they will spend some serious time in a gulag

that's bureaucracy!

Xi's letting them keep their organs? What a nice guy

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
winnxi the flu

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Despera posted:

Xi's letting them keep their organs? What a nice guy

Actually, yes.

That was one of the great innovations of Deng Xiaoping that marks one of the great breaks from the Maoist period: not actually killing political opponents who are mostly actual peerish peeps.

Of course like, students or Falun Gong are fair game.

Deng managed to live through mao hating him because he used to be much better friends with Mao even though Mao launched the Cultural Revolution in large part to prevent Deng's reforms and despite the fact that Deng was the man to order the massacre at Tienanmen Square.

The politburo man who was most sympathetic to the protesters in Tiananmen Square, Zhao Ziyang, was purged but not like, actually killed, just put on house arrest. it continued for decades all the way to Bo Xilai, the hardline let's-actually-do-communism guy who Xi Jinping purged but like, put in jail

These bureaucrats aren't really peers but they're not like unpersons to the state like Uighyurs and Falun Gong. They will go to like, normal jail

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

happyhippy posted:

Been thinking this as well.
I'm hoping the Irish are the only ones immune if it is.

I wish they made a series 2 of that show. Great soundtrack.

They did make a season 2, wont spoil it.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Chongqing, which Bo Xilao was governor of, is probably up next for mass spread of the disease, maybe tied w/ Guangdong, the place where basically half of all consumer electronics in the world is made

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Fumble posted:

They did make a season 2, wont spoil it.

poo poo, I meant 3. Seems Amazon is remaking it atm.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SeXReX posted:

I work for UPS the CEO would give him a bonus for putting company profits over employee safety.

Send boss and CEO a hard copy. Cough on it.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
My company has over 50k employees and if anyone even suspects you might be sick, you get shamed for coming to the office and sent home.
My last company was the same way so I've thought the trend of of toughing out sickness and exposing your coworkers had finally come to an end. Guess I'm wrong/lucky?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

dick wizard posted:

My company has over 50k employees and if anyone even suspects you might be sick, you get shamed for coming to the office and sent home.
My last company was the same way so I've thought the trend of of toughing out sickness and exposing your coworkers had finally come to an end. Guess I'm wrong/lucky?

Horribly so, basically the entire foodservice industry operates under "if you call im sick without finding someone to cover for you then your fired."

Try not to think about it too much any time you eat out

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Actually, yes.

That was one of the great innovations of Deng Xiaoping that marks one of the great breaks from the Maoist period: not actually killing political opponents who are mostly actual peerish peeps.

Of course like, students or Falun Gong are fair game.

Deng managed to live through mao hating him because he used to be much better friends with Mao even though Mao launched the Cultural Revolution in large part to prevent Deng's reforms and despite the fact that Deng was the man to order the massacre at Tienanmen Square.

The politburo man who was most sympathetic to the protesters in Tiananmen Square, Zhao Ziyang, was purged but not like, actually killed, just put on house arrest. it continued for decades all the way to Bo Xilai, the hardline let's-actually-do-communism guy who Xi Jinping purged but like, put in jail

These bureaucrats aren't really peers but they're not like unpersons to the state like Uighyurs and Falun Gong. They will go to like, normal jail

Its hard to have showtrails and then act like you didnt kill these people. Makes sense.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Now that the virus has been confirmed in multiple busy US airports it's time to adopt essential outbreak safety protocols. Don't touch your face. Wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Wear gloves in public spaces (even just winter mittens are better than nothing) that you change daily. Try not to be in direct contact with people.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/25/wuhan-coronavirus-safety-china/

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Holyshoot posted:

I know this is super fygm but if you're a relatively healthy person who isn't over 80 can you recover? Or are they still trying to figure that out?

So far, most of the deaths have been people over the age of 50. The mortality rate appears to be around 5%. The youngest to die was a 36 year old man.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SeXReX posted:

Horribly so, basically the entire foodservice industry operates under "if you call im sick without finding someone to cover for you then your fired."

That has always been so stupid, like yeah good job ensuring that those shifts will remain unfilled until you can interview and hire a new person. The threat may often work to get employees in but you're just shooting yourself in your foot when some inevitably say "okay guess I'm fired then"

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Actually I'm a computer toucher for a healthcare company furthermo :goonsay:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SeXReX posted:

All the hate boner posts were about corporate though. I too in my last 4 corporate jobs and current small business job all had sick time and wouldn't give me poo poo for using it. Guess I too am lucky? I also live in a right to work state and have yet to be fired without formal discipline before hand. Again lucky?

I will complain that the sick time and PTO time at my small business job are the same where as corporate would seperate it out. Get PTO time and then get some sick time to be used.for.being sick. Also corporate jobs give more hours then small business. Was getting 8 hours of PTO a paycheck wage slaving at GoDaddy.

Edit: I will agree and confirm when working at a restaurant if you called out they would grill the poo poo out of you. Also you didn't get paid so gently caress food industry jobs!

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 27, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1221592101445668865

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

friendly 2 da void posted:

So far, most of the deaths have been people over the age of 50. The mortality rate appears to be around 5%. The youngest to die was a 36 year old man.

There is really, really no point in determining the mortality rate when the disease is still picking up steam. Keep in mind that people usually don't die immediately after displaying symptoms – even if every infected person eventually died, this would still take them a few days or weeks. This means that every disease in its early phases when it grows exponentially will have very low mortality rate.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zil posted:

Some of you may have received the gifts of Father Nurgle already.

Blessed rot to you all, and tidings of decomposition during the season.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

What’s the “51 cases of hospitalization”? Seems really low compared to everything else.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Some of you may have received the gifts of Father Nurgle already.

Blessed rot to you all, and tidings of decomposition during the season.

bitch better stay away from me I serve Khorne

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CPA Hell posted:

What’s the “51 cases of hospitalization”? Seems really low compared to everything else.

I think those are the people who were tested positive and have since tested negative and were released

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

bitch better stay away from me I serve Khorne

Khorne had his chance earlier this month, but his orange champion failed to spark the World War 3.

I wonder what are Slaanesh and Tzeentch planning.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Gantolandon posted:

Khorne had his chance earlier this month, but his orange champion failed to spark the World War 3.

I wonder what are Slaanesh and Tzeentch planning.

razor cum and a riddle so dumb your head explodes, respectively

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

What is meant by severe? If they mean on a respirator/ventilator because of pneumonia then the number of severe cases will quickly outstrip supply and they will all die. That would be 16.8% according to those numbers.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

VikingSkull posted:

razor cum and a riddle so dumb your head explodes, respectively

Like shooting ropes of razor wire or spiky semen? Just to know what to look out for.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Zil posted:

Like shooting ropes of razor wire or spiky semen? Just to know what to look out for.

yes

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
actually I think the razor wire jizz is dark eldar

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

VikingSkull posted:

actually I think the razor wire jizz is dark eldar

Slannesh also, but they did it first.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

kirk’s meltdown was years ago, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Slannesh also, but they did it first.

for the uninitiated this post and the one quoted are actually canon in warhammer 40k

im not joking