Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Is this post sarcasm? I honestly can't tell anymore.

I can't read the NYT article but the first one literally says they weren't going all out and they were just having some fun practicing some specific technical stuff. What is even happening right now?

Definitely not sarcasm.
There are definite physiological advantages that fully grown post pubertal men have over their equivalent women competitors which doesn't make it a fair competition. The post pubertal males unfairly have an advantage over the women's teams.

Another example is in tennis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters

Serena Williams is the best female player in the world, she wouldn't be able to beat anyone in the top 200 of the Men's ATP tour simply because of the physiological speed and power advantage that the men have, they can play shots from angles and return with power shots that are not doable on the women's side.

bloops posted:

Again, I’m simply stating USWNT was not playing full attack, so to draw any conclusions from this is flawed. Would they have still lost? I don’t know or don’t give a poo poo. They play other women’s teams and whoop on them.

Quit talking from a purely technical biotruths level and use your head. You all sound like a bunch of communication-challenged engineers.

With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about regarding this.
There are significant physiological advantages fully grown post pubertal adult males have over equivalent post pubertal adult women, this results in Regional Boy's high school teams being able to beat their far more skilled and technical women competitors.

This isn't diminishing any women's team, they are the best in the world, it's the problem that the physiological advantages those post pubertal men have in those sports are simply too much to overcome, in size, in reach, in strength and speed, even with the skill and technical advantage the womens team have.

it's the reason why weight classes are also a thing in combat sports, all things being equal, a good national level heavy weight boxer is going to comfortably beat even a world class lightweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That Works posted:

ngl I found the original UFC of like 150lb Gracie vs like 220 lb Samoans and poo poo a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

Keith Hackney working Joe Son's speedbags and the only thing you wish is he did more lasting damage

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

can we just stop talking about biotruths

like just pack it in

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah next thing we know one of you is gonna make a bathroom from a doom level because the :females: have an unfair priority in buying a home

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hexyflexy posted:

I've yet to have that happen on a ship, but with my luck it will.

Come up with your own loving gimmick pal :mad:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'm gonna need a picture of you holding your doctorate as well as a list of your published journal articles before I take any more biotruths about :females: seriously

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Kobe would have loved the doom bathroom

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

maffew buildings posted:

https://youtu.be/hiZxH49gp5U

Looks like another woman's life ruined because of Kobe. But more because she said the n word on live tv

Yooooooooooooooooo

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Kobe would have loved the doom bathroom

mo space to rape?

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Stravag posted:

Yeah next thing we know one of you is gonna make a bathroom from a doom level because the :females: have an unfair priority in buying a home

Internet Wizard posted:

I'm gonna need a picture of you holding your doctorate as well as a list of your published journal articles before I take any more biotruths about :females: seriously

Definitely not from me. The context of the argument was whether transgender male-female athletes should be competing against biological XX women.

Am very much in favour of people identifying their gender as whatever they want if it doesn't harm anyone, be it in bathrooms, job applications and p much everything in their life. If people have hurt feelings with having trans people there then that's their problem and it isn't acceptable to discriminate there.

The things in which it's justified to make a clear delineation is the domains in which it causes some actual harm.
It does so in competitive sports- it's not fair to their XX women competitors since transgender M-F athletes are going to have 18+ years of much high testosterone levels and the equivalent increase muscle mass and bone density and skeletal changes.

It absolutely is dangerous in combat sports, it is an absolute mismatch, equivalent to Welterweights facing off lightweights. It's not safe nor ethical.

And there is a required domain of medical treatment, some things we do have to treat via biological sex instead of identifying gender, very much live by respecting people's identified genders, but sometimes we have to treat via their birth biological chromosome. I do live by this in my life, principles and medical practice.

Do feel this is a very reasonable and ethical approach, if you disagree I would be welcome to discuss instead of you flippantly dismissing what i'm saying as biotruths and not giving any basis to your arguments.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Anyone wanna talk about guns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Only muskets in .69 caliber

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Anyone wanna talk about guns

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

.45 is more of a manstopper than the 9mm europellet, and in this essay I will

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Eulogistics posted:

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

I prefer Under No Pretext because it actually gives an argument that isn't just "mah god-givin' right"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mr Crustacean posted:

more poo poo

my only argument is that you stop huffing your own farts regardless of their exacting mathematical accuracy

anyway i keep running dungeons but i haven't gotten any epic gun drops yet. everyone knows a white-rarity glock is functionally useless

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Smiling Jack posted:

.45 is more of a manstopper than the 9mm europellet, and in this essay I will

The .40 S&W is a compromise that ensures the stopping power of the 9mm and the velocity of the .45 ACP, and furthermore

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

BigDave posted:

The .40 S&W is a compromise that ensures the stopping power of the 9mm and the velocity of the .45 ACP, and furthermore

.357 sig is clearly superior

also lmao at "velocity of .45 and stopping power of 9mm"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
whoops

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1221568821879885824

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Jesus gently caress and the Senate still won't convict

I know Jonny Bolton isn't the best character witness necessarily but how much more do they need?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

I know Jonny Bolton isn't the best character witness necessarily but how much more do they need?

No witnesses, no evidence, no subpoenas.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
No, quid pro quo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

See my gang tag.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

maffew buildings posted:

This isn’t about true or false, guilty or innocent.

This is 100% about democrat or republican.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

The corpse of saint reagan rising from the grave and attacking trump itself may only sway like 5 Republican senators max

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You mean right or wrong :911:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FrozenVent posted:

This isn’t about true or false, guilty or innocent.

This is 100% about democrat or republican.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1221574496106184705

Easy peasy. Republican senators up for reelection basically made their choice - they're going with wherever the Trump train goes.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Fifty years ago, a group of men were really mad about how other people treated poor little Richard Nixon...

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
only real americans are republicans. everyone else hates america

also dems are just trying to UNDO the election

because hes a loving criminal

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

Easy peasy. Republican senators up for reelection basically made their choice - they're going with wherever the Trump train goes.

I wonder how far they're willing to ride that train.

"Senator, how do you respond to the President fondling a 10 year old at yesterday's education bill signing ceremony?"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BigDave posted:

"Senator, how do you respond to the President fondling a 10 year old at yesterday's education bill signing ceremony?"

They’ve already demonstrated that they’ll support kid fuckers with Roy Moore. Next question please.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

BigDave posted:

Jim Jordan licks his lips and puts on his wrestling leotard.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

facialimpediment posted:

That's an excuse. They agree with him

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Morbid curiosity has me kinda eager to see how badly a fully-above-the-law Trump is going to bite them in the rear end over the next year, ngl

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please please please let’s discuss anything but trans people in <insert sport here>.

None of us are athletes, only one or two of us is Trans, and absolutely none of us are gonna solve the issues at hand on the SomethingAwful.com comedy forums’ military sub forum.

Just treat everyone like you wish to be treated. Unless you are into being treated like poo poo. Then treat people the opposite of how you want to be treated. And also get help, freak.

Edit: I was a few pages back and didn’t realize there were more pages.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Please please please let’s discuss anything but trans people in <insert sport here>.

None of us are athletes, only one or two of us is Trans, and absolutely none of us are gonna solve the issues at hand on the SomethingAwful.com comedy forums’ military sub forum.

Just treat everyone like you wish to be treated. Unless you are into being treated like poo poo. Then treat people the opposite of how you want to be treated. And also get help, freak.

Edit: I was a few pages back and didn’t realize there were more pages.

Everyone here is into being treated like poo poo.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Most of us aren’t in anymore, so on at least one day we weren’t :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

shame on an IGA posted:

Morbid curiosity has me kinda eager to see how badly a fully-above-the-law Trump is going to bite them in the rear end over the next year, ngl

what like, not-at-all?

They are all absolutely immune to the consequences of their actions. Bookmark this post and come back to it in November.

Your country is fundamentally broken, and it's poisoning the rest of the world in its death throes.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/1221541289650524163?s=21

Essentially this. Kobe himself was a mixed bag, at absolute best.

If someone wants to go off about “gently caress the idea of celebrity itself,” OK, fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ded posted:

the los angeles ni---- i mean lakers

holy gently caress

Yeah, don't let nobody tell you she said Nakers or Knickers or whatever.

https://twitter.com/AlisonMorrisNOW/status/1221555983635357696?s=19

Get the gently caress outta here