Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

kolby posted:

we just despise you

you will have to wait 3 or 4 weeks tops so just be patient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

kolby posted:

we just despise you

speak for yourself

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Unfortunately Art posted:

regardless of what you think of me, I’m part of the business now, so you get to have 2 people to despise: Lowtax and me. have fun!!

Technically Lowtax despises himself right now. Also that sounds like too much work, how does half heartedly be attentive sound?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

regardless of what you think of me, I’m part of the business now, so you get to have 2 people to despise: Lowtax and me. have fun!!

LOL is this supposed to somehow inspire confidence?

No one despises you or Lowtax, the track record of business decisions has just been...iffy.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

LOL is this supposed to somehow inspire confidence?

No one despises you or Lowtax, the track record of business decisions has just been...iffy.

Doom house is a loving treasure and you will shut your dirty mouth!!!!!

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

as per my last email, we'll touch base, circle back and synergize
My intention in coming here was just to introduce myself. Made some friends, made some enemies, got to talk about eating rear end, pretty much a standard day on the web if you ask me

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

lmaooooo I always light up threads with my bullshit, I tried to be “professional” at first and got nowhere with it so I’m just going to post like I always do. which is badly.

we made it puppet master posts so much faster than i thought we would

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

My intention in coming here was just to introduce myself. Made some friends, made some enemies, got to talk about eating rear end, pretty much a standard day on the web if you ask me

Not enough racism or blind ignorance to be like the rest of the internet on a standard day.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

i am your friend

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

VikingSkull posted:

i am your friend

thanks friend! hope to see you around

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actual question:

SA has banned a lot of poo poo posters, these poo poo posters have held a grudge and are now in places of power within google/Facebook/twitter etc

How are you going deal with that?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

thanks friend! hope to see you around

seriously I have no idea why people are being such assholes itt it's not like you're taking the forums from them

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How come you aren’t posting anywhere but this thread?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I'm nobody, but I like you and wish you nothing but the best in helping Almighty Lowtax win the war against not having more monies.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Is this not the thread to discuss how SomethingAwful dot com can increase its branding power for the entrepreneurial goon?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
What percentage cut of the profits can we content-creators expect?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Is this not the thread to discuss how SomethingAwful dot com can increase its branding power for the entrepreneurial goon?

Sure, I just thought she’d want to interact with the various subforum to get the feel she said she was looking for.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Actual question:

SA has banned a lot of poo poo posters, these poo poo posters have held a grudge and are now in places of power within google/Facebook/twitter etc

How are you going deal with that?

That’s a good question and one I’ve thought about a lot. At this point I don’t have a definitive answer to be perfectly honest with you. The goal is to get people to share content on these sites of their own fruition, and these platforms can’t possibly ban them all just for posting our content. I have writers on deck to revive the front page with more social media-oriented content, and who will share with their audience. This project is extremely complex tbh and I don’t have all the answers yet, but if people are genuinely interested and aren’t just going to be syphilitic dicks, then I’ll keep you updated.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Sure, I just thought she’d want to interact with the various subforum to get the feel she said she was looking for.

She should become a frequent poster in the Costco and Taco Bell threads to maximize her goonish clout potential.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Burt Sexual posted:

I will, I just have a job and life that takes a lot of time from posting.

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

That’s a good question and one I’ve thought about a lot. At this point I don’t have a definitive answer to be perfectly honest with you. The goal is to get people to share content on these sites of their own fruition, and these platforms can’t possibly ban them all just for posting our content. I have writers on deck to revive the front page with more social media-oriented content, and who will share with their audience. This project is extremely complex tbh and I don’t have all the answers yet, but if people are genuinely interested and aren’t just going to be syphilitic dicks, then I’ll keep you updated.

It's just that easy. Also that's not what fruition is.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

I think there is a chance they are doing it because the account is a troll and the people in this thread have bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

I could totally be wrong, though, and they are totally legit, but I have refined paranoia to an art form.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

hakimashou posted:

I hope not, the forums work fine as they are and lowtax's spine is hosed up and he's god kids to feed and put through school

I would say that the forums really aren't fine and someone needs to make some better business decisions about SA. Goons need to chill with the queenly snits and give UA a chance.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think there is a chance they are doing it because the account is a troll and the people in this thread have bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

I could totally be wrong, though, and they are totally legit, but I have refined paranoia to an art form.

I keep going back and forth but kinda think you're right at this point. There's no way she's posting in good faith

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You wish
But nope
Admittedly I suck at discerning trolling and irony but I was once in my 20s
Sigh

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm confused about "the forums will be unaltered" and "I will have absolutely no input into the forums" vs. "I want to improve the forums"

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

I will, I just have a job and life that takes a lot of time from posting.

Ah, there you go, you have outed yourself as a fraud right there.

Goons don't have lives!

And you thought you were soooo clever.

Market your way out that. Case closed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm confused about "the forums will be unaltered" and "I will have absolutely no input into the forums" vs. "I want to improve the forums"

you ask questions like there's a plot to this drama

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anne Whateley posted:

It's almost like she has no idea what shes talking about. Almost.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Lacho posted:

You’re right, I meant volition. I also hosed up earlier and wrote 2017 instead of 2007. Doh

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Anne Whateley posted:

I meant that I’m hiring developers to get the forums up to modern web standards, not that I will affect what is actually posted here. Jesus Christ.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Lacho posted:

Suffisive to say they need to be more pacific.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
it couldn't possibly be because people were needlessly hostile to her front the get go

must be a trole

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

I meant that I’m hiring developers to get the forums up to modern web standards, not that I will affect what is actually posted here. Jesus Christ.

lol no you aren't

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm hiring coders lol. It HAS to be a troll

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

quit yelling at the customer, no one knows what you're talking about

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Woodpile posted:

Suffisive to say they need to be more pacific.

im just axing questions

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

I think you'll find we already have Jeffrey. He's from YOSPOS. He posts as Jeffrey from YOSPOS. Who could be better than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

JK! posted:

I think you'll find we already have Jeffrey. He's from YOSPOS. He posts as Jeffrey from YOSPOS. Who could be better than that?

Me?

This is a question.