Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Unfortunately Art posted:

I meant that I’m hiring developers to get the forums up to modern web standards, not that I will affect what is actually posted here. Jesus Christ.

Is Jeffrey in the loop with this? Tbh this is the first I’ve heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burt Sexual posted:

Its because it's not true burt cmon man

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

there is no loop and nobody is getting hired, nothing is going to happen lol.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this is all getting a bit yikes for me

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

scary ghost dog posted:

there is no loop and nobody is getting hired, nothing is going to happen lol.

So if nothing is going to happen.. Anything could happen?

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foul Ole Ron posted:

So if nothing is going to happen.. Anything could happen?

The game is afoot!!!!!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

That’s a good question and one I’ve thought about a lot. At this point I don’t have a definitive answer to be perfectly honest with you. The goal is to get people to share content on these sites of their own fruition, and these platforms can’t possibly ban them all just for posting our content. I have writers on deck to revive the front page with more social media-oriented content, and who will share with their audience. This project is extremely complex tbh and I don’t have all the answers yet, but if people are genuinely interested and aren’t just going to be syphilitic dicks, then I’ll keep you updated.

thanks op. i love social media-oriented content.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

as per my last email, we'll touch base, circle back and synergize

Burt Sexual posted:

I have no idea. All I know is that Rich has told me that the legacy code for this whole goddamn site is like spaghetti. He’s said it might take a team of people to make it modernized. One of my projects at the moment is creating a pitch packet and actual loving business plan to show to potential investors. Rich isn’t much of a networking person, but I am. This project will require a lot of capital up front and getting that is part of my job at this point.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cool somethingawful poster who aspires to fulfill the same role tj miller does on silicon valley

youre
Dec 30, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lacho posted:

Its because it's not true burt cmon man

Who’s rereg are you?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

little munchkin posted:

thanks op. i love social media-oriented content.

I especially like the focus on rejuvenating the front page. Just think, in one short year SA can be where Cracked was 7 years ago.

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unfortunately the OP is unaware that the forums are an exclusively Money Out thing for lowtax not a Money In one

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Who’s rereg are you?

perhaps its the poster u bought a parachute account for just yesterday........

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burt Sexual posted:

Who’s rereg are you?

No I'm new, the marketing strategy is already working

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

One of my projects at the moment is creating a pitch packet and actual loving business plan to show to potential investors. Rich isn’t much of a networking person, but I am. This project will require a lot of capital up front and getting that is part of my job at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LOWKVq5sQ

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene
I love your avatar, Unfortunately Art. :) Have you ever taken a ton of LSD and REALLY looked into the cat's eyes?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
update wtfd&d

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I have no idea. All I know is that Rich has told me that the legacy code for this whole goddamn site is like spaghetti. He’s said it might take a team of people to make it modernized. One of my projects at the moment is creating a pitch packet and actual loving business plan to show to potential investors. Rich isn’t much of a networking person, but I am. This project will require a lot of capital up front and getting that is part of my job at this point.

How much do you think you need to raise?

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

scary ghost dog posted:

cool somethingawful poster who aspires to fulfill the same role tj miller does on silicon valley

If I had my way, nobody would know anything about me and I would not be posting on this site at all. It all started with a picture Rich posted of me on social media. We thought it would be funny. Turns out it wasn’t and it’s caused me quite a lot of stress. I felt compelled to post because people know my name and spread all sorts of abhorrent bullshit about me, and I wanted to show up and prove that I’m an actual human being with goals and hopes for a site that pretty much saved my life when I was 12-15. This site means so much to me and I’ve told Rich as much. I want to keep it going for other people to enjoy.

youre
Dec 30, 2019

your fish are dead

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

If I had my way, nobody would know anything about me and I would not be posting on this site at all. It all started with a picture Rich posted of me on social media. We thought it would be funny. Turns out it wasn’t and it’s caused me quite a lot of stress. I felt compelled to post because people know my name and spread all sorts of abhorrent bullshit about me, and I wanted to show up and prove that I’m an actual human being with goals and hopes for a site that pretty much saved my life when I was 12-15. This site means so much to me and I’ve told Rich as much. I want to keep it going for other people to enjoy.

sorry. cool err normal person who aspires to be tj millers character from silicon valley

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

youre posted:

your fish are dead

youre*

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

Musharraf posted:

I love your avatar, Unfortunately Art. :) Have you ever taken a ton of LSD and REALLY looked into the cat's eyes?

I’ve never done LSD. Besides, I take psych meds that would inhibit the mechanism of action in my brain so it would do jack poo poo anyway. I just liked the colors.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

Have you started your seed round?

youre
Dec 30, 2019

I’ve never done LSD. Besides, I take psych meds that would inhibit the mechanism of action in my brain so it would do jack poo poo anyway. I just liked the colors.

Feeling very confident in the new forums and somethingawful branding direction

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Part of growing the business is learning more about all of you guys and your sense of humor.

i have bad news

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I will, I just have a job and life that takes a lot of time from posting.

But you’ve posted like 36 itt today alone? :confused:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jesus Christ, goons, stop pretending you're too cool for facebook or twitter, lmao.

Anyway. There's this viral interview with Dr. David Thorpe about SA, but, as a joke, at the end of the interview he says that the actual URL for the site is somethingisawful.com (something is awful dot com). And it's not. It doesn't even redirect here from that URL. The most popular upload of the interview has over 200k views, and there are dozens of re-uploads, so I suspect there are people missing the joke and never even finding the website because of that. My suggestion is to buy somethingisawful.com and put a redirect there.

You can watch the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

E: this video is also a perfect source of information about SA's humour, culture, and ethos.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the gently caress is even happening any more

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Personally, I am waiting for things to happen before making an opinion.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Jesus Christ, goons, stop pretending you're too cool for facebook or twitter, lmao.

Anyway. There's this viral interview with Dr. David Thorpe about SA, but, as a joke, at the end of the interview he says that the actual URL for the site is somethingisawful.com (something is awful dot com). And it's not. It doesn't even redirect here from that URL. The most popular upload of the interview has over 200k views, and there are dozens of re-uploads, so I suspect there are people missing the joke and never even finding the website because of that. My suggestion is to buy somethingisawful.com and put a redirect there.

E: this video is also a perfect source of information about SA's humour, culture, and ethos.

this is a good idea

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm having fun on-line in this itt thread.

Lacho
Jan 25, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

well that was 14 years ago and they actually did make a somethingisawful.com

youre
Dec 30, 2019

somethingawful.com is going crypto

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

I have no idea.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Honestly I agree with your controversial opinion to mod everyone from FYAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azul mystica
May 19, 2008

Blue Smoke Girl

If I had my way... I would not be posting on this site at all.

Let's circle back to this and give it a try.