Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
There was one part in the episode where you could see Rossy himself filming part of the show off his phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think this is something along the lines of

"Only work with reliable organisations and people. Don't let honeyed words persuade you to work with disreputable people. It will be to your credit down the line. Remember there are plenty of people to work with. Today reconfirmed that to me"

https://twitter.com/satomurameiko/status/1218862886606405638?s=19

I think she may be talking about Stardom/Syuri Kondo but idk some of the replies made me think so and the timing too.

Also lol she works with WWE

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
With how the last Sendai show ended I wonder if this is her leaning into something and doing some sort of weird work but that could be unlikely.

Also yeah; based on what we know Syuri is working Stardom as a freelancer: she's not withdrawn from any other dates (yet); she's signed to MAKAI which is owned by someone that she's close who is sceptical of Stardom anyway so I can't imagine she's hurrying to knife Hikaru Shida in the back by doing a Giulia and she's got the right to work with whoever provided that she is still available for MAKAI dates. If she'd pulled herself on short notice from other dates before this I'd understand why she'd be annoyed and I'd be on her side but that doesn't seem to have happened so you can't blame her.

Perhaps if Meiko Satomura wants to have a little control on where Syuri works she could have asked her pals in America to give her some money so she could sign her to the company that she co-owns, and then perhaps she could tell Syuri that she wasn't allowed to work for Stardom. Its not even a loyalty thing or anything: she worked with Senjo a lot since coming back but she worked other places more and she isn't a product of their system (I think she came out of HUSTLE which seems weird but perhaps I'm wrong) so I don't get why she'd be so annoyed. Perhaps she was meant to be the next person to beat Hashimoto for the title but those reigns are only ever short and surely you'd ask her to commit for those dates before you plan in that direction?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Full card from next weeks Osaka Edion Arena Number 2 show plus the top four matches for the Korakuen Hall show in three weeks are posted on Stardom's twitter account: thought I'd collect them here in one place since its a pain to look through for Stardom cards sometimes: I'll also spoiler the Korakuen card and bits of the Osaka card since not all of Sunday's show is up on Stardom World yet and people might want to avoid spoilers until they can see the whole show at once.

Stardom 9th Anniversary in Osaka
26th January
Edion Arena No 2, Osaka

Kagetsu's Retirement Road: Final Stardom Match:
Kagetsu & Mayu Iwatani vs JKGreen (Momo Watanabe & Jungle Kyona)

SWA Undisputed World Women's Championship:
Utami Hayashishita (c) vs Jamie Hayter

Tokyo Cyber Squad (Hana Kimura, Konami & Leyla Hirsch) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Saki Kashima & Natsu Summer)

STARS (Arisa Hoshiki & Saya Iida) vs Giulia & Maika

Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani vs Oedo Tai (Bea Priestley & Zoey Skye)

High Speed Grand Prix: Starlight Kid vs DEATH Yama-san

Leo Onozaki vs AZM vs Itsuki Hoshino

STARDOM The Way to Major League 2020
8th February
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

World of Stardom Championship:
Mayu Iwatani (c) vs Sareee

Wonder of Stardom Championship:
Arisa Hoshiki (c) vs Bea Priestley

Artist of Stardom Trios Championship:
Queens Quest (Momo Watanabe, Utami Hayashishita & AZM) (c) vs Donne del Mondo (Giulia, Syuri & Maika)

Artist of Stardom Trios Championship No 1 Contenders Match:
Tokyo Cyber Squad (Hana Kimura, Jungle Kona & Konami) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Saki Kashima & Natsu Sumire)

That February Korakuen looks stacked and is honestly the best sort of show to do on a limited build with the big outsider title challenge and the heel turn leading to I guess a title change since it'd make little sense to have Bea make that big post-main event turn only to lose and based on the ticket sales information we have it seems to be selling well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kagetsu challenged Meiko Satomura to a one on one match for her retirement show and Meiko accepted

https://twitter.com/ProresuToday/status/1220332659550777344?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 23, 2020

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
this might be of interest to some of you
https://twitter.com/DBRUSUX/status/1220342682314313729
https://twitter.com/DBRUSUX/status/1220334815230287872

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kagetsu challenged Meiko Satomura to a one on one match for her retirement show and Meiko accepted

https://twitter.com/ProresuToday/status/1220332659550777344?s=19

Kagetsu deciding she'd prefer death to a quiet retirement. :hmmyes:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Whose 7pm?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

cvnvcnv posted:

Whose 7pm?

England

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Kagetsu deciding she'd prefer death to a quiet retirement. :hmmyes:

Well Meiko added the stipulation that Kagetsu has to wrestle Big Hash in Senjo first so it's a tough retirement run

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

wonder how long they'll take to sell out, Chris Brookes' other DBRU stuff sells out within minutes (hell, the wrestling promotion he and his friends have sold their last show out today in 42 seconds or something insane) and due to the high hipster dork factor of this I'm guessing it'll be gone quick. so, uh, camp on the website and :f5: if you want one.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I really want one and I don’t know if I’ll get the chance because it needs to ship from UK

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I really want one and I don’t know if I’ll get the chance because it needs to ship from UK

I've got a couple bros with shopping bots on it but neither is sure they'll be able to select a size. It's always something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

cvnvcnv posted:

I've got a couple bros with shopping bots on it but neither is sure they'll be able to select a size. It's always something.
Tony needs to sign either/or so they can pop up on PWT.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

RealFoxy posted:

DBRU is good because they charge flat rate shipping to US. It's 25 bucks in England money so like 32 US dollars for the shirt

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bought the cutest t-shirt in the world, now I can go back to work

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Bought the cutest t-shirt in the world, now I can go back to work

I got that one for me, the pink one my wife wanted, and the flag. Can't deny Maki Itoh's request for money.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

It's her world we're just living in it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've bought exactly 2 wrestling shirts in the last 6 years and one was a TJPW Bubble Tea shirt (It's Pom's color) and the other is a Maki Itoh/Chris Brooks shirt.

TJPW is good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Watched the Kagetsu retirement match, very emotional stuff. The post match stuff was very nice and a huge contrast to the way Hazuki went out. I don't know anyone can watch that and believe Dave's story that the rest of the roster wanted her gone and thought she was the second coming of Bill Watts.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how come kagetsu is retiring at 27. it seems like a weird age. hazuki is 21 or something so i get that, grows up and says eh gently caress this, but i would've thought kagetsu was in it for life. i mean she's widely accepted as very good, could've had steady work at worst for like 15 years.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Her neck is held together by pieces of tape.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Her neck is hosed not that that stopped Jungle Kyona from hitting a goddamned Ganso Bomb in the match. She almost retired three years ago but Io begged her to stay and do a full time run in Stardom. She said she saw the Bushiroad purchase as a natural time to leave given she knows the company is good without her now and I don't see any reason to disbelieve her about that. I'm sure the Hazuki situation didn't help but I think she'd be gone anyway.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/twf87/status/1221647540753326081?s=19

Mei/Kaho/AZM gonna own.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

large_gourd posted:

how come kagetsu is retiring at 27. it seems like a weird age. hazuki is 21 or something so i get that, grows up and says eh gently caress this, but i would've thought kagetsu was in it for life. i mean she's widely accepted as very good, could've had steady work at worst for like 15 years.

Combination of injuries and cultural reasons. Traditionally a lot of joshi stopped in their 20s to become mothers.

Will this show be available? I don't know if I feel like deep diving into Stardom world, but a fun one off show sounds good.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

That show probably won't be on Stardom World and we don't know where it'll end up: might be a DVD show; might go on Nicopro; might just be one of those shows that happens and never gets released. We shall see!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Saya's gonna win

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

IceAgeComing posted:

That show probably won't be on Stardom World and we don't know where it'll end up: might be a DVD show; might go on Nicopro; might just be one of those shows that happens and never gets released. We shall see!

Kagetsu has since tweeted that there will be no DVD:

https://twitter.com/doranyanpa/status/1221883510333423616

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Well you better be at the show then!

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Well you better be at the show then!

My job did me a solid by keeping me in the dark about whether I'd have a work trip or not that weekend until after the most expensive seats sold out

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I got the ¥5000 tickets because getting to Osaka is already expensive enough. This Kagetsu retirement tour is hitting my wallet hard.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Really wanted this to show up on Nico Pro at some point but that tweet makes it seem like it won't and I'm feeling sad on the other side of the world.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I wouldn't give up hope all the way yet. I never expected her last self-produced show to end up on Stardom World and it did eventually. She says the "no DVD" thing is because she wants people to see it as a special thing to attend in person, but that's obviously only really an incentive for the local audience who are more likely to buy DVDs in the first place. Meanwhile Stardom World's membership is something like 70-80% overseas, if the figures from the last time Rossy mentioned them are still reasonably accurate.

The obvious response to that is that Kagetsu isn't in Stardom anymore, but there was a ton of non-Stardom talent on her last self-produced show, so it's not completely hopeless at least.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I’ve been thinking about updating the OP with modern Joshi promotions along with quick blurbs on their highest profile stars. I watch TJPW the most so that’s pretty easy to write out (Miyu/Yuka/Itoh/Shoko/Kamifuku) but I only catch occasional STARDOM matches

Also looking to add EVE, Gatoh Move, and other Japanese indies. Suggestions?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Dunno the level which you are going to go but I could contribute for like EVE and if you add Sendai Girls or Marvelous.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Ice Ribbon is a thing, as is SEAdLINNNG. Pro Wrestling WAVE has pretty important history. I know about Actwres girl'Z but only because I met Miyuki Takase.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/asuka10272140/status/1223897584395141122?s=19

Asuka got a new theme song. It's gonna be weird seeing her enter without that Beyonce song.

E: it's Billie Eilish now lol

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 2, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The sale isn't going on much longer, but currently PWT is 20% off while the Super Bowl is still happening and they just launched the Burger TJPW shirts recently in Yellow and Black.

I know Yellow's colors are Natsumi Maki, Suzume (Bee rookie), and Unagi. I don't know who the black shirt represents.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Definitely Itoh but not sure who else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Definitely Itoh but not sure who else
Itoh already has the Neo Itoh Army merch with Brooks which I also bought compulsively though. It was also much cheaper to buy and ship from the UK to the US than the 500 miles between me and the PWT store.