Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Have some more cursed poo poo

https://twitter.com/raffine9/status/1221153758249353219?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento posted:

I gave two weeks once with a job in place to start three weeks after my last day*. The Monday after my last Friday I got three calls from ex-colleagues asking me work stuff, that I let go through to voice mail. I then got an email to my personal account, from my old boss, asking me why I wasn't answering calls. The loving nerve. I sent back a notice on my own personal company letterhead stating my consulting rate was $300/hr if he had any further questions.

*The most important thing to do after quitting a job is to spend a couple of weeks slobbing around in your bathrobe and playing video games or hanging out with your dog or whatever.

I'm leaving my job in a few weeks hopefully and this has given me an excellent idea. My previous one was to tell the owners that I had a new number, give them a Google Voice number so it seems legit, and then quit and shut off the number so they can't contact me again because they're crazy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Saw this white lady in the comments for one of shaun king's RIP KOBE posts and it kinda cracked me up

"Trump Derangement Syndrome" is one of those right wing terms that is actually very useful for some situations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

What about if the reanimated corpse of Hitler came back to illegally vote for Bernie? Makes you think.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In 2016 Hillary Clinton was endorsed by Henry "gently caress it, bomb the poo poo out of Laos because I'm sure the slant eyes are sneaking over there too" Kissinger, and she ran ads with that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

these people think the new york gossip rags is how politics works/should work, no wonder they suck at it. If Duke's endorsement gets KKK members to support his racial justice plans that's what we call good. What's bad is if he has compromised to their, but he's to the far left of most of the people whatabouting this Rogan endorsement. And he's been much better than any other candidate so far at sticking to his guns.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is true though?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fister Roboto posted:

This is true though?

That's not why they feel alienated at all. It's just two separate poo poo things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fister Roboto posted:

This is true though?

Nothing about gamergate was justified, so they're wrong from the second word.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Remember how the "ethics in video game journalism" crew flocked to IGN because they said they were anti-PC?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MizPiz posted:

Remember how the "ethics in video game journalism" crew flocked to IGN because they said they were anti-PC?

If they wanted to be anti-PC they should have flocked to Nintendo Power Magazine.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why would they go to the website that rated Godhand lower than some shovel ware.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

PhazonLink posted:

why would they go to the website that rated Godhand lower than some shovel ware.

Because having publishers pay for a good review isn't journalistically unethical; having sex with someone who gave your game a good review two years prior is, however.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Jan 27, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Joe Rogan is going through his past tweets and deleting right wing bullshit.

Is this a redemption arc? I expect the whole "will vote Bernie" thing to last maybe 1 week before a different shiny object caught his attention.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I mean, unless he ends up literally beheading Bezos live on air he's never gonna be really accepted on the left, and even then that's just gonna get the pragmatic realpolitik wing, maybe, if it ends up going somewhere. My guess is that he'll interview the mr. peanut twitter account and start wearing black everywhere.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There are no good reasons to become a Nazi, but also girls getting cooties in your video games is probably the dumbest

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PhazonLink posted:

They care more about dunking on Women and Minorites then actually liking and playing games.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I think, or hope, that it could more be referring to people who can still be reached and also have lovely opinions. It does serve as an interesting mirror to the whole "Why has Rogan endorsed Sanders" thing.

Alongside that, I would like to hope that there are ways that people can show contrition in public spaces without being considered to be either lying or being manipulative.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's worth noting that Peter Coffin was one of the major harassment targets of GG, if you remember the whole "fake girlfriend" thing. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not trying to excuse or justify his own harassment.

btw here's the full thread for context, it was apparently posted in response to someone calling Bernie Sanders' supporters the new GG

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1221466989664854016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

being removed from the company intranet sounds like an oddly highly specific level of competence.

I found out I was being fired from the automated "delete this account" internal chat message.

E: It did not help my at-the-time fetal position level depression, but I was one of the account deleters so uh?

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 10:18 on Jan 27, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

It's worth noting that Peter Coffin was one of the major harassment targets of GG, if you remember the whole "fake girlfriend" thing. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not trying to excuse or justify his own harassment.

btw here's the full thread for context, it was apparently posted in response to someone calling Bernie Sanders' supporters the new GG

He's also infamously terrible at phrasing things and really, really slow to notice if a tweet looks super loving bad out of context.

And really really really bad at providing that context in an easily reachable space that isn't Shapiro / Yudkowsky-esque "well you've gotta read all of it" wordsplurge

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Katt posted:

Joe Rogan is going through his past tweets and deleting right wing bullshit.

Is this a redemption arc? I expect the whole "will vote Bernie" thing to last maybe 1 week before a different shiny object caught his attention.

For what it's worth, I'm betting that he's gonna go through that Sanders>Trump voter progression that we heard a lot of but didn't actually see a lot of in 2016.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I diagnose Peter Coffin with terminal foot-in-mouth syndrome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cleretic posted:

For what it's worth, I'm betting that he's gonna go through that Sanders>Trump voter progression that we heard a lot of but didn't actually see a lot of in 2016.

Rogan's admitted to literally never voting Republican, and always voted Democrat except for Gary Johnson.

That people want to cancel Rogan and not the New York Times is solely because of class signifiers.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fister Roboto posted:

He's fundamentally right and you's have to be a HIREMOREWOMENGUARDS type to disagree.

Reading that thread, he immediately points out this - "anti gg" simply had/still has a tonne of 'the wrong people are doing the oppressing' types.

Chuff McNothing has a new favorite as of 11:57 on Jan 27, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rogan's admitted to literally never voting Republican, and always voted Democrat except for Gary Johnson.

That people want to cancel Rogan and not the New York Times is solely because of class signifiers.

Or because the dude is chummy with Alex Jones and Elon Musk. That may have something to do with it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Elissimpark posted:

Can confirm. Hired a car for a day when me and my partner at the time visited Luxembourg City in 2001. Managed to drive around it twice in that time, including an accidental near border crossing because their road signs are stupid.

Do they actually have any sort of border control?
They're in the EU so theoretically you should barely even notice you're crossing the border.

I don't know how things work in Benelux but my dad lives in Denmark and he goes to Germany to buy soda.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Do they actually have any sort of border control?
They're in the EU so theoretically you should barely even notice you're crossing the border.

I don't know how things work in Benelux but my dad lives in Denmark and he goes to Germany to buy soda.

They do not, they're all the in Schengen area so no border controls on their mutual borders.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Truly the gamergaters are misunderstood victims 😔

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You get controlled when you first enter Schengen and then can move around freely inside yeah. It's cool stuff!

Sometimes they do checks at the border but it's more about what you are transporting in your car rather than who.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fathis Munk posted:

You get controlled when you first enter Schengen and then can move around freely inside yeah. It's cool stuff!

Sometimes they do checks at the border but it's more about what you are transporting in your car rather than who.

Yeah, they want to make sure you aren't smuggling any butter across country lines.

...is a quick joke I wanted to make but during some short research for this post I discovered that butter smuggling is (A) worldwide, and (B) timeless.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Clerical Terrors posted:

I diagnose Peter Coffin with terminal foot-in-balls-on-live-tv syndrome.

ftfy

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Found on the BBC Have Your Say comments section (it's the top rated comment)

Billie Eilish is the big winner at the Grammys

quote:

'She used her speech to champion gender diversity in the music industry, which is still overwhelmingly dominated by men.'

There is absolutely NOTHING stopping people from buying female music, it's the one industry where NOBODY cares about colour/gender/height etc.

Do you listen to music with your eyes?

So bored of this drivel now.

Hmm, yes, music, the one industry where image simply doesn't matter.

Top rated comment ffs. "If group x thinks they're disadvantaged in any way, maybe they should just git gud because talent is always directly proportional to success" is possibly the worst take.

Walton Simons has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Jan 27, 2020

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
One of my friends said that Lil Nas X should've joined Trent Reznor to collect the CMA and asked "be honest, who are you more mad at being on this stage, me or him?"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

What does “Neo-liberal fetishization of feminism” mean?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wendell posted:

It’s too early for me to give good examples so my short answer is “Girlboss culture”

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Wendell posted:

Female characters that aren't there just for men to honk one out to, I'd guess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Female characters that aren't there just for men to honk one out to, I'd guess.

Yeah no. As stupid as it is to blame Gamergate on neoliberalism that is definitely not what he meant. It’s more like the conflation of making more female video game characters with any sort of actual liberating feminism.

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Jan 27, 2020

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah no. As stupid as it is to blame Gamergate on neoliberalism that is definitely not what he meant.
I'm not inclined to give a guy who used the words "gamergaters justifiably" the benefit of the doubt tbh :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wendell posted:

*puts on dunce cap, rubs temples*

I'm guessing they construe including female characters in games as some kind of spice girls era ~girl power~ cash grab. Since female gamers aren't as super intelligent and refined as male gamers, they're only into games because they're suckers.