Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I find that kind of tank profile less ball-crushing than a more tapered one - it makes it easier to grip the tank so you're less likely to slide forwards, and also the top of the tank hits your stomach if you do, rather than providing a nice gradual vice between tank and pelvis.

Yeah this. Skinny tanks like on ducatis and old Hondas are great for hanging off but when it comes to comfort, give me a big Gixxer style crotch bulge every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Reminds me of sitting on an RC390 earlier this month -- felt like there was no tank between my legs.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

RightClickSaveAs posted:

cock and ball torture

goddamnedtwisto posted:

nice gradual vice between tank and pelvis

Slavvy posted:

big Gixxer style crotch bulge

:holymoley:

e: missed one

Gorson fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 21, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lotta GBE here, gixxer bulge energy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i love nearly everything about the Hawk GT but yeah that long skinny tank is one hell of a nutbuster. it's particularly bad when you have someone on the back sliding you forwards. definitely not a date bike

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just ride around everywhere constantly hanging off the side, I don't see the problem.

It's always gonna hang to one side anyway, may as well embrace it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha, good one punchy

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

i love nearly everything about the Hawk GT but yeah that long skinny tank is one hell of a nutbuster. it's particularly bad when you have someone on the back sliding you forwards. definitely not a date bike

You always complain about this but I think you are sitting wrong. Or, are your arms really short? I find there is plenty of room and comfort if you sit back a little. Or maybe I'm just a ken doll.

My problem is the end of the tank is squared off, which puts corners into my legs.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Coydog posted:

You always complain about this but I think you are sitting wrong. Or, are your arms really short? I find there is plenty of room and comfort if you sit back a little. Or maybe I'm just a ken doll.

My problem is the end of the tank is squared off, which puts corners into my legs.

I just have enormous genitals

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I knew it

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush posted:

I had that once

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I mean yeah, it's a Honda.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got gas on my balls from doing too many wheelies on an xl250 with a full tank once. Very much not recommended.

That’s my Honda balls story, thanks for listening.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You just need to grow a beer gut for cushioning

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Just sit side saddle, it's more dignified, you don't neeeeeed the foot brake anyway.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I'm just gonna stand all the time while riding, get myself ready for the stunt lyfe

Slavvy posted:

Those reservoir forks are just unbearably rad, congrats on your secretly-the-best-literbike.
Hell yeah! I need as much validation as I can get, it helps silence the inner practical voice. I haven't ridden many to compare it to other than a BMW S1000R a couple years ago, but it's a monster. The breakin period is going to go quick.

Your av picture always makes me laugh, at the dealership there's a Husqy/KTM showroom right in the middle, I always have to push through a bunch of those to get to the Kawi section

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's nothing, the local Kawasaki franchise is sharing a dealer with the only Ducati dealer in town. If it weren't for the sign, you wouldn't have any idea they sell green bikes there because it's all red bikes three rows deep from the glass, you sometimes see a zx10 that somehow got mis-filed with the panigales in front.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My dealer does that with Aprilia but I don’t mind because those bikes look so kickass.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Our local dealer sold Ducati’s and Suzuki’s. The Suzuki’s were never in the window and never got advertised at all.

One of their sales reps told me the sale rate for Suzuki’s compared to Ducati’s was like 30:1 so despite pushing Ducati, Suzuki paid the bills.

Then they shut down because the owner was involved in some shady dealings and I guess it was either liquidate the dealership or get his kneecaps busted? :rip:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Then they shut down because the owner was involved in some shady dealings and I guess it was either liquidate the dealership or get his kneecaps busted? :rip:

This is how literally every Ducati dealer closes, it's like a tradition. I'm not convinced it's even possible to make money selling them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Duc license in our city has bounced around like five dealers since I started riding, and killed one and a half of them

The first shop was independent, I bought my first pair of gloves there, they died

The second shop was also independent, they didn't die and they still mainly work on Ducs and sell used ones

The third shop was the big local Harley dealer, which I can only think, "one lifestyle brand masquerading as a v-twin motorcycle manufacturer is working for us, why not two?" They didn't die, but the license skipped to

The second-largest non Harley dealer in town. They had one location that sold Yamaha and Kawi, another that just dealt in quads and Can Ams. The Japanese-bike operation moved to a big new shop along with the Duc license... and that closed within a couple years. The old store is now a library, and The other location still sells only quads and Can Ams.

Now the largest dealer in town has it. I don't think it'll kill them when it goes cause they sell drat near everything that's not Honda, Harley or Indian, but I feel bad for whoever gets the license from them.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
My local Kawasaki dealer has a few vintage triples by the door that I love to ogle, an H2R in one corner, a stack of H2s, a boatload of Z900RSs, and two sad Hondas in the back.

I refuse to buy anything from them though because the dealer pissed me off by admitting he hoards W800s at home as part of a lovely attempt to sell me one :byewhore:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When I was brand new to riding, I went to the local dealership (which only sold Harleys and Hondas) and told them I was new and was interested in the CBR250.

The salesman immediately said "that's a girl's bike, let me show you the 600s"

I have never considered purchasing from a dealership since

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

So you laughed in his face and left, right?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
you got alpha'd

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
drat, Soybrush, you need to man up with your displacements

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Went on a ~6 hour ride all over twisties with another goon today.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I'm jonesing quite badly. Weekend weather has just been terrible here.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
75 degrees in Denver all weekend... and every other road sanded or covered in mag chlor because of the major storm hitting today :cry:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Were they? I went up to Lookout and didn't notice.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Weird lookin bike ya got there

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Nice VW.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

dema posted:

The SV650 of cars.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Weird lookin bike ya got there

F.

My bad. Thought this was the Denver thread.

Here's a photo of my commuter bike:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kloa posted:

The SV650 of cars.

Don't those have like a sealed bearing inside the engine that makes the whole thing blow up unless you take the engine apart in order to flick out the bearing seal so it gets engine oil instead like it always should've?

Not really fair to sv's.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The KTM of cars?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s more like it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

dema posted:

Come on man that’s not a motorcycle.

Anyways here’s mine, it’s different but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Now that's darksiding