Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

a kitten posted:

well, i'm sure it will be just great like all the others

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1221436152000978945?s=20

The basic outline of the story is strong enough that if you heavily adapt everything around it you could make it work, but then you'll just end up outraging the fans of the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

You could just leave it as is and give them the localization that the dub used, or if it must be America go with nerd convention stuff. There area semi-professional (still need a dayjob) cosplayers for at least MtG. Alternatively Finnish/Russian Warhammer LARPs.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Third episode of Asteroid was better than the first two (I'm not on a Crunchyroll paid sub right now.) Map girl is good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The turn the maid cafe into a Hooters

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

J-Spot posted:

The basic outline of the story is strong enough that if you heavily adapt everything around it you could make it work, but then you'll just end up outraging the fans of the original.

Sounds like a good outcome then

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The Steins;Gate Live Action show is being made by Skydance Media, which doesn't exactly have a great track record aside from Annihilation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep the weeb jokes and have a scene where white okabe tells a japanese bouncer 'watashi wa maddosaientisutoda. ike terudarou!'

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The Steins;Gate Live Action show is being made by Skydance Media, which doesn't exactly have a great track record aside from Annihilation.

They were also going to do a Sword Art Online adaption that never materialized so I don't have any expectations that Steins;Gate will actually get made.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

J-Spot posted:

They were also going to do a Sword Art Online adaption that never materialized so I don't have any expectations that Steins;Gate will actually get made.

Oh, right. Live action.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The OPs and EDs are super good this season.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It takes a certain pair of balls to smugly tell a cop your are dating her ex.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

keep the weeb jokes and have a scene where white okabe tells a japanese bouncer 'watashi wa maddosaientisutoda. ike terudarou!'

'keikaku means plan' seems like the obvious line to put in for max injoke humor

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Whats even the point of Steins;Gate without Okabe being as painfully chuuni as possible. I don't think anyone was clamoring for another 'brilliant' Light Turner character re-write.

I guess they could just leave him as-is but then he just looks like a total lunatic.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

But the Netflix Deathnote was good.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Couldn't you just get Tatum to play Okabe in live action? Unless he's too ripped now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It takes a certain pair of balls to smugly tell a cop your are dating her ex.

I was really happy with how they did this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/cybershoujo/status/1221501532824391682?s=20

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was already on board with in/spectre but that blackout punch bit locked me in completely

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that was such a great way to end the episode lol

the show's good but since I've got 1-10 on my kindle and it's annoying to buy things and not ever read them I'm going back to the manga

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kotoko's best trait is that you want her to win but every time she gets in trouble it's 100% her fault so you also want her to fail

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

I don't get it. Are they implying either one is a bad thing?

Today's Eizouken was pragmatic and inspiring at the same time. AOTS for sure.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clitch posted:

I don't get it. Are they implying either one is a bad thing?

Today's Eizouken was pragmatic and inspiring at the same time. AOTS for sure.

Currently, it's anime of the decade.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
They made another episode of Laid Back Camp.

https://twitter.com/yurucamp_anime/status/1221719505367252992?s=20

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I watched the first episode of In/Spectre last night and it seems interesting. The heroine has good gremlin energy. I am guessing it will probably come out later that her fake arm and leg aren't actually fake, since they seem to move totally normally. Or it could be bad animation or I'm underestimating how well people can control a prosthetic leg. The eye at least seems like it probably wouldn't move, though.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
“Gremlin” is the exact word I would use to describe Kotoko to other people, yeah.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I watched the first episode of In/Spectre last night and it seems interesting. The heroine has good gremlin energy. I am guessing it will probably come out later that her fake arm and leg aren't actually fake, since they seem to move totally normally. Or it could be bad animation or I'm underestimating how well people can control a prosthetic leg. The eye at least seems like it probably wouldn't move, though.

they're fake

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

chumbler posted:

Just started watching it myself after someone posted that manga panel earlier.
The first episode is so-so but the second episode kind of sold me on its premise of ghost and crime discussions. A giant ghost snake being an eyewitness and leading it through a murder case to ease its ghost worries kinda rules.
Her arms are fine, it's her left leg and her right eye that are artifical.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oops, yeah meant to say eye there, not arm.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I really liked that it was less about solving the crime and more about chilling this large snake out

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

congrats to babylon for ending, one of the dumbest things i've ever seen

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

now watch kado to compare

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Patware posted:

I really liked that it was less about solving the crime and more about chilling this large snake out
The japanese title of this is
https://jisho.org/search/虚構
https://jisho.org/search/推理
Kotoko bullshitting is very much part of the plot.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Parallax posted:

congrats to babylon for ending, one of the dumbest things i've ever seen

dogsicle posted:

now watch kado to compare

It seems like Mado Nozaki just really sucks at endings, huh? :sigh:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
kado's ending was incredible bullshit, im still amazed at how soumeone could make an interesting story and then poo poo the bed this hard

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Babylon at least had the decency to give advance warning that it would go to poo poo when it became obvious that the title was meant to be preceded by 'The Whore Of'.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Saving the last two episodes for the weekend, but does the show ever realise that it's attempts to discuss the morality of suicide/right to die is completely undermined by every suicide and right to die campaigner be mind controlled into it by the incarnation of villianous womanhood?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The show never realizes anything

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Now that I have finally seen all the new idol anime of the season, I feel qualified to give my impressions of them:

ARP: After two eps I'm barely paying attention to this, except for the weirdass 2 minute virtual youtuber-esque segments at the end of every episode, which cross over into uncanny valley. Also, not enough topgunning yet for a Boydol anime.

Bang Dream S3: Super hosed up that the show is acknowledging the first season again. Bang Dream is back in top form and I'm enjoying the fact that they no longer feel the need to introduce the characters again every time the franchise gets a new piece of media. Sweet. Excellent. Unstoppable.

OshiBudo: Way too loving real. I feel attacked every episode. Anime of the Season.

22/7:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

Saving the last two episodes for the weekend, but does the show ever realise that it's attempts to discuss the morality of suicide/right to die is completely undermined by every suicide and right to die campaigner be mind controlled into it by the incarnation of villianous womanhood?

I mean, what, are you suggesting they should discuss the ethics of suicide without bringing up the fact that it's all the fault of insidious feeemale mind control? :mrapig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Much better wall than last season's with the cats.