Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i could not resist

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zetsubou-san posted:

i could not resist

Did you just self insert your av into that meme or is this some character I’m not familiar with?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
...Landerig?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

beanieson posted:

Did you just self insert your av into that meme or is this some character I’m not familiar with?

It's a Dangan Ronpa character, it's odd that you wouldn't know that given that game's tie in with Something Awful history, but it's fine.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xxlh9LdkTw

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Some Anime Thing, got it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nucular Carmul posted:

It's a Dangan Ronpa character, it's odd that you wouldn't know that given that game's tie in with Something Awful history, but it's fine.

i have been posting here for fifteen years and have zero awareness of what dadgum roomba is other than some anime thing

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Sagebrush posted:

i have been posting here for fifteen years and have zero awareness of what dadgum roomba is other than some anime thing

Yeah, I know, that's why I said it was fine, obviously not everyone reads and posts all over every day. It did manage to escape the let's play forum where the drama was happening, it seemed like the dang roomba stuff was all over when it was happening, because we were stirring up the Tumblrs somethin' fierce.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

i could not resist

goddamn weebs

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Nucular Carmul posted:

Yeah, I know, that's why I said it was fine, obviously not everyone reads and posts all over every day. It did manage to escape the let's play forum where the drama was happening, it seemed like the dang roomba stuff was all over when it was happening, because we were stirring up the Tumblrs somethin' fierce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

That's amazingly dark. I laughed and I feel bad for it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy moly

(Also he admited it so)

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Doesn't make sense, theologically. Heaven knows he raped that woman. "Allegations" are for us imperfect, sublunar beings.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

euphronius posted:

Holy moly

(Also he admited it so)

He admitted infidelity, I didn't know he'd actually confessed to the rape?

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

His statement was:

quote:

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

:kimchi:

Goddammit I'm gonna be that teacher for someone

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Can I make requests in here? Does someone have the Reagan cartoon where the left column was a critique and then it was “but he was a good speaker” and other facile poo poo?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Can't link it now, but it's called Remembering Reagan. Should be easy to Google off that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trevor Hale posted:

Can I make requests in here? Does someone have the Reagan cartoon where the left column was a critique and then it was “but he was a good speaker” and other facile poo poo?

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Geniune hearty gut laughter.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

fishing with the fam posted:

Can't link it now, but it's called Remembering Reagan. Should be easy to Google off that.

Thanks!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can't wait for this in 20 years but with Trump.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Bold of you to assume we'll all still be alive to laugh about it in 20 years.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fister Roboto posted:

Can't wait for this in 20 years but with Trump.

Gonna be the opposite
"Sure he was mean on Twitter, but Mexicans knew their place!"

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:thurman:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Does anyone have that Ben Garrison image of Trump and a Democrat donkey playing poker, but it was edited so Trump was replaced by Johnny Five Aces, I've been trying to find it for weeks and its killing me

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Danaru posted:

Does anyone have that Ben Garrison image of Trump and a Democrat donkey playing poker, but it was edited so Trump was replaced by Johnny Five Aces, I've been trying to find it for weeks and its killing me

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I know the derail is long over but I don't care. My favourite thing about Reeves is that while you might think his extreme proficiency with firearms is a relatively new thing for the John Wick films, I'm pretty sure he's been training with them for just about as long as he's lived in Hollywood. Go watch the intro to Point Break; he had virtually no flinch while shooting, and that was 1991. Eliminating a flinch takes a lot of consistent training. I think he wanted to be an action star and knew that believable gun-handling was an important part of that. I find it pretty fun to observe actors and see who has or doesn't flinch while shooting.

Similarly, for someone who's trained in martial arts for decades he has a decidedly... unimpressive physique. I mean he doesn't look out of shape for his age but in the few shots of him shirtless in the John Wick movies he doesn't look like the ideal of a Hollywood action star - by that I mean it's not immediately obvious he's using gear and spending thousands a week on personal trainers. I find that really refreshing, to be honest.

Adam Driver is fine, I guess. I don't think he's a tremendously good actor; the scenes I saw from Marriage Story were like... first-year drama student-level acting. He was pretty good in Logan Lucky, though.

Anyway here's a meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

another recent and terrifying garrison