Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

https://twitter.com/shiber/status/1213520514825641984

Minor update today. The Christmas tree in Colhen is gone. There's a new event, apropos of nothing.

Play stupid games, win stupid prize wheels

quote:

AP Prize Wheel Event

Event Period: January 7th - 28th, 2020

Who needs some AP boost? Or better yet, who wants the adorable Shiba Chapeau! For only 3 whole weeks, log into Vindictus every day throughout the event period to receive a [Winter AP Prize Wheel Box] from us! Open this box for a [Winter AP Spin Ticket] to win up to 5000 AP Capsules on the Roulette and a [Winter Coupon] to exchange for the adorable [Shiba Chapeau] and many more! Do not miss this chance and make the most out of this opportunity Mercenary!
Log in every day to get a box (two boxes on weekends) containing a spin wheel ticket and a coupon that is a snowball. Use the ticket to spin the prize wheel and get an AP capsule. Exchange snowball coupons for a Shiba Inu hat that goes in the outfit slot (28 coupons, one per character), a Shiba Inu emblem (24 coupons, one per character), Damascus Steel (8 coupons, five per account), and the usual gang of consumables (graces, merc pots). If you want more tickets and coupons, you can run battles at your level to earn up to three more boxes each day. The event ends on January 28th so that should be a maximum of roughly... eighty-six coupons? If we assume that it won't actually be possible to play on the 28th because that's post-maintenance? Meanwhile, if you don't feel like playing certain characters, you should be able to get enough coupons for a Shibe emblem by merely logging in every day and collecting your mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Is Lion Heart the best guild to apply to? Myself and a non-goon friend just hit 90 a day ago and are looking to join somethin.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Another female character to strip folks wallets

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Another female character to strip folks wallets
There's more news about her. It got posted in the Discord yesterday.

quote:

Hey there, Mabinogi Heroes here.

Today we're going to introduce you to the 16th hero of Mabinogi Heroes, [Lethor].

[Lethor] is a female character using a [crest] as the weapon.

The [Crest] is a mystical weapon that converts [the life energy, Reiki], into power. Lethor is using powerful [physical attacks] based on this converted Reiki power.
So she's a Punch Wizard. Okay.

quote:

[Basic Skills: Fists of Iron and Haze]

[Fists of Iron] is a normal attack that can lead to a smash attack. The skill consists of three hits, and after the third one, the attack cycles back to the first hit. In addition to simply attacking, [certain hits regenerate a small amount of stamina], which will be a great help in battle.

[Haze] is Lethor's smash attack, which consists of three hits each. The damage of Haze skill increases with subsequent strikes, but the total damage is adjusted to be roughly on the same level.

[Unbreakable] is Lethor's defensive skill. If you succeed in blocking the enemy attack, you can activate [Reverb] skill for counterattack.

[Unbreakable consumes a lot of stamina], but can be activated in many situations during combat.

[Reverb] can be used immediately after the successful attack, and it can also recover some stamina consumed by [Unbreakable].

It can also be quickly followed up with [Haze] skills, so a proper use of [Unbreakable and Reverb] may allow you to turn the battle in your favor.
There's the "Punch" part of the equation.

quote:

Being adept at manipulating life energies, Lethor can use powerful Active skills.

[Active: Pristine Strike] is a skill that attacks the surroundings by focusing the power of Reiki into razor-sharp blades.

[Active: The Dragon] is an attacking skill that focuses the Reiki on Lethor's legs to stomp the ground and generate shockwaves. This attack can stun enemies. Pressing smash button after an attack allows Lethor to leap forward and deliver a powerful kick to the enemy.
And there's the "Wizard" portion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkYDKvZIO2M

Here's a video explaining her skill set. This seems... I dunno... pretty standard? I thought we were promised something different. A summoner would have been different. I don't know how a summoner character would work in a game like this, which is how I know it would be different :colbert:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

amusinginquiry posted:

Is Lion Heart the best guild to apply to? Myself and a non-goon friend just hit 90 a day ago and are looking to join somethin.

Diabetic Dogs is, I believe, the actually Goon Run guild. Lion Heart is a strong guild though and where Holo and I both reside.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Diabetic Dogs is, I believe, the actually Goon Run guild. Lion Heart is a strong guild though and where Holo and I both reside.
Yep. If you want an active guild, Lion Heart is a better choice than diabetic dogs. diabetic dogs is just me and currently one other goon. (I think it's a goon. They mentioned their SA name in their application but I forgot it and I don't know if they've ever posted in the thread.) But the point is that Lion Heart is a better choice if you want people to talk to and a better choice if you want a guild that won't treat you or your friend differently based on goon/not-goon status.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Yep. If you want an active guild, Lion Heart is a better choice than diabetic dogs. diabetic dogs is just me and currently one other goon. (I think it's a goon. They mentioned their SA name in their application but I forgot it and I don't know if they've ever posted in the thread.) But the point is that Lion Heart is a better choice if you want people to talk to and a better choice if you want a guild that won't treat you or your friend differently based on goon/not-goon status.

I might actually drop my Grimden and/or Lynn into DD because I am never on both enough to keep them in LH, but that sweet sweet guild xp bonus is nice

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I write a detailed post if playing Vin is worth it in 2020:

https://knightime.net/2020/01/11/vindictus-2020-worth-it/

I'm like the main motivation of the game is that it's free.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I came back recently just to play the dual-pistols character (because I love dual pistols). Levelled to 90+ and then quit. The endgame (upgrading, fashion, all of it) is a giant shitpit and I can’t say it’s worth getting deep into this game if you’re starting fresh.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Kessel posted:

I came back recently just to play the dual-pistols character (because I love dual pistols). Levelled to 90+ and then quit. The endgame (upgrading, fashion, all of it) is a giant shitpit and I can’t say it’s worth getting deep into this game if you’re starting fresh.
I have a lot to say about this and the short version is that you're right. poo poo's bad. Nexon sometimes makes token efforts to reverse the trend but they're never enough. I suspect it's time to add a disclaimer to thread OPs saying that wringing fun out of this game is a challenge, to put it gently. I'd say more but I'm not in the right frame of mind to do words good :shrug:

I originally came in here to post some stuff from #future_updates but then I felt I should try to address this because it's a very important problem. But enough of that, they're having the tenth anniversary Vindictus convention over in Korea:

quote:

[KR] 10th Anniversary Conference - Q&A Translation

[1. What are the main considerations when design a new character?]
- As a person in charge of design, the most important part is the face. It shouldn’t be too ugly or bad looking in weak lighting environment like Hoarfrost Hollow.

[2. Recently, many female fashions have been too exposed. Have you thought of some casual clothes or armor? Can we expect more from April fool characters?]
- When design character fashion, first thing we consider as standard is what kind of fashion players actually wear. Different categories are introduced after collect average user data. We already create a lot of armors, but start from this year. We plan to release more men’s clothing. Hope player will like it.

- Character from April fool’s Day are very old. It’s not like we won’t follow those concepts, but there are a lot of other content to be developed now. We will notify the players if we decide to continue.

[3. Will the game support 144 Hz display, uncapped more framerate, and 64-bit performance?]
- The game currently supports maximum 60 FPS. Due to its engine and technical resctriction, it can’t support 144 Hz display. If we can manage to run on low-end machine with sustain performance. It’s possible.

- The game also only supports 32-bit which uses about 4 GB of memory. Due to its limited memory, we can't apply very high quality resource (art, models) and 64-bit should solve those problems. But the reason we can't advance to 64-bit yet because of various constituents such as physics, sounds, UI which must all go 64-bit for fully support. However, we're working on replacement engine for 64-bit now. For now, the conversion to 64-bit is complete. The client is running but changing everything requires some detail work. In conclusion, there is possibility of failure. We're not 100 percent sure, but we'll try it somehow, so our team could deliver 64-bit support quicker.

[4. The combat is good, but you do have any other development plan?]
- The main combat is fun and innovative, but it could be repeatative and exhausted in prolonged gameplay. It's game with high fatigue and we had developed some contents like screenshot mode, dressing room, guild house, etc. Although they're not much popular, but some new ideas are coming and going in developement room. 3-4 new contents in second half of this year or early. Please looking forward
Short version:

- If you want more male characters, get in the official forums and tell them you're horny for hunks and have cash to burn
- They want to make the client 64-bit so it can look nicer, but I'm pretty sure that will make performance worse unless they fix multicore support
- They're going to find more non-fighty things for players to do. So far, they've made no non-fighty activities that are fun or worthwhile. Fishing sucks. Expertise crafting isn't fun and is only rarely useful. Guild houses are a waste of money. Playing dress-up is... Okay, they've done one thing that's fun.

Also, this trailer was just revealed: Dual Techs :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROM48zZ7_tM

They're adding new skills that two characters can use on bosses. This kind of exists in NA, in a way: If Karok clashes a boss, Delia can instantly use her ult on it. I assume this is a more advanced version of that.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kessel posted:

It's rough since to get the best start one would have to join approx the release of the character like Eira had free cosmetics and armor/wep which saved 100+m gold for new players. I mean the disparity b/t the rich and poor means a year's worth of farming for one wep and raiding is boring.

The best advice I can say is to login for the +11 coupon and try to craft astera wep and upgrade it.

edit: Lol at PLAYERS WANT SKIMPY OUTFITS OK reply from devs. Rly.

Alder fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 12, 2020

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

It's rough since to get the best start one would have to join approx the release of the character like Eira had free cosmetics and armor/wep which saved 100+m gold for new players. I mean the disparity b/t the rich and poor means a year's worth of farming for one wep and raiding is boring.

The best advice I can say is to login for the +11 coupon and try to craft astera wep and upgrade it.

My hot take is they made a few bad choices in season 3 that hurt the game really badly.All of the 90 weapons and outfits being, basically cosmetic choices was insanely dumb. The latest dumb choices were: counterforce and redoing accessories relatively quickly. The grind for weapons and armor was acceptable because accessory grind was relatively stable. You could keep a ring for like 3 years. Granted to the upgrade in stats isn't even that good. Like, for me to switch to a Red Moon is either a bunch of grinding content I am not good at/have time for OR pay 179m for a whole two crits. Hmmm.

Also the stat difference needed between 90 -> 95 -> 100 content is kind of bullshit.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 12, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I just like crushing things with Karok. The of the game is basically a mystery to me.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

My hot take is they made a few bad choices in season 3 that hurt the game really badly.All of the 90 weapons and outfits being, basically cosmetic choices was insanely dumb. The latest dumb choices were: counterforce and redoing accessories relatively quickly. The grind for weapons and armor was acceptable because accessory grind was relatively stable. You could keep a ring for like 3 years. Granted to the upgrade in stats isn't even that good. Like, for me to switch to a Red Moon is either a bunch of grinding content I am not good at/have time for OR pay 179m for a whole two crits. Hmmm.

Also the stat difference needed between 90 -> 95 -> 100 content is kind of bullshit.

Agreed like I just enhanced +20 on my rings and they released new rings so welp. FWIW: I kept my rings and got a new earring just enough to clear the reqs for the newest raid.

I watched a Pro/con video and the host was basically: WELL OFC u can't run endgame in 2 days. I'm like why not though? Players will want to run new content not grind 2-3 yr raids so in 9 months they can do outdated raids for zero money.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Agreed like I just enhanced +20 on my rings and they released new rings so welp. FWIW: I kept my rings and got a new earring just enough to clear the reqs for the newest raid.

I watched a Pro/con video and the host was basically: WELL OFC u can't run endgame in 2 days. I'm like why not though? Players will want to run new content not grind 2-3 yr raids so in 9 months they can do outdated raids for zero money.
We're lucky it's possible to do all S3 raids with first-tier jewelry; I've literally never obtained a second-tier accessory essence and I've only seen a few drop over dozens of raids. Oh well, if I ever do get one then my collection of Smooth Ores is ready for it.

I've played many a F2P MMO over the years and I consistently get pissed at games that force you to run the same crappy raids to reach "endgame", even if you're at the level cap. I think it's good that the Vindictus devs keep "de-raiding" content so that it's quicker and easier to advance, but the fact is that it's always too little, too late. You're always left at that point where you should be at endgame but really aren't. I have nine characters and only one can participate in every raid and it's a struggle just to keep that character's gear competitive. Then, sometimes the devs do stupid poo poo like adding Counterforce and whoops there goes months of gold and bravery seals to craft jewelry that is borderline garbage, stat-wise. Cool, great. I feel like the game is so much better now.

I desperately wish Vindictus were less "MMORPG" and more "action game with RPG elements and multiplayer" because that game would be so much more fun to play.

Alder posted:

I don't know what you're complaining about. Vindictus already has what women want:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I mean I feel like most players can only gear 1x main and have alts who kinda can do the lower raids. It's super stressful to gear multiple characters for recent raids even if you caught up on every freebie offered.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

My main is Sylas and he;s rank 42 and pretty well geared. (Also Sylas is a dead class so its easy to be ranked.)

My lann is my old main but gearing a Lann is more work and effort than I am willing to put into this game. Everything else is trash gear and not 100.

I still think CF was the dumbest thing they ever did. It's just arbitrary bullshit that is a gold sink for whales to gate content. They should also get rid of elxirs for enchanting.

ArchWizard posted:

I don't know what you're complaining about. Vindictus already has what women want:

you're right

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 13, 2020

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Reminds me new male hero Summer 2020. I'm hoping it will be a male mage.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Reminds me new male hero Summer 2020. I'm hoping it will be a male mage.
We haven't had a crossover event in years, you know.

ADD 👏 DIABLO 2 👏 NECROMANCER 👏 TO 👏 VINDICTUS

Oh, you have a +15 weapon? I have 15 skeletons :smugwizard:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

We haven't had a crossover event in years, you know.

ADD 👏 DIABLO 2 👏 NECROMANCER 👏 TO 👏 VINDICTUS

Oh, you have a +15 weapon? I have 15 skeletons :smugwizard:

The last crossover event was SOA, so I’ll pass

Unless the next crossover is just letting me make an actual dark souls character

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The only thing I want:

Seriously the lack of decent pants for female character is depressing. I mean, maybe 2-3 pairs total not including the $500 outfitter.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

The only thing I want:

Seriously the lack of decent pants for female character is depressing. I mean, maybe 2-3 pairs total not including the $500 outfitter.
Does it have to be an outfit item? Broken Ash and Blossom pants are both serviceable if you don't mind needing a fusion rune for them.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Does it have to be an outfit item? Broken Ash and Blossom pants are both serviceable if you don't mind needing a fusion rune for them.

Cute eira. Yeah I have the BA pants just don't want to re-fuse my set since $$$.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Professional cosplayer are already getting paid to dress up as Lethor. Our gacha money at work, folks :retrogames:

The cat seems unhappy to be there. That armor looks pointy so I don't blame it.

Oh yeah, speaking of Lethor: Someone in the official Discord already got one to 100 on the Korean server and says she plays a lot like a Grimden. So, not bad.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just want to say that you can have a pet golden chicken but not a cat and how it's unfair.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

I just want to say that you can have a pet golden chicken but not a cat and how it's unfair.
You can have little a golden headcat, as a treat

I don't think I've ever seen an ambulatory cat in this game. Maybe in the Mabinogi universe, cats are a type of fungus.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There are cats in the original Mabinogi.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Last time I played this I mained the little scythe mage and someone got really mad at me for using the debris golem in a low level mission.

What a weird community.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Last time I played this I mained the little scythe mage and someone got really mad at me for using the debris golem in a low level mission.

What a weird community.
Gamers are bad, MMORPG players doubly so. I'm only surprised that someone would get mad in a low-level battle. You just kind of assume that lowbies don't know the pro strats and either let it go or gently instruct them. You don't flip your poo poo in a battle with virtually no stakes.

Speaking of flipping your poo poo: Rumor has it that the third Redeemer boss, Brigit, is coming in a couple of days. Someone in the Discord guessed that if KR maintains its lead over us, we'll get Season 4 Prologue next month, a major character balance patch in March, Season 4 Episode 1 (and level 105) in April, and Lethor in May.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 27, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I don't know what any of that means.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I don't know what any of that means.

People just discussing when we get new content since there's a new hero out in KR/CN but not NA.

Redeemers: a set of difficult endgame raids for some stat bonuses that you need to run 100x each

Currently on a break from the game due to lack of interesting events and I think the next big holiday is V-day in Feb.

I'm like Lethor looks cool but I keep reminding myself how much I hate re-gearing again and re-playing the same maps. Also, we will be getting a new male hero so it's not like I want to start over 2x.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The only good male hero is Karok.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

RIP Vin 2011-2020

Fatigue system has returned and now my interest declined to 5%.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

RIP Vin 2011-2020

who the gently caress thought this was a good idea lol

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0iAcQVIokg

Alder posted:

RIP Vin 2011-2020

You can go complain about fatigue in this thread on the official forums. The community got voices "fixed" so maybe they'll do something about Fatigue too. We'll probably receive some silly hacked-in compromise instead of full removal of the system, though.

So anyway, the update. Since you actually can run a few battles before running out of fatigue, I'll summarize the new stuff so all y'alls can make your departure choices wisely.

Let's start in the middle: Regarding the new fatigue point system

quote:

Dear Mercenaries,

As you already know we've added the new Fatigue System with today's update. Regarding, we would first of all, like to apologize for the sudden addition of a new system without prior notice.

The Fatigue System was added because it is a necessary addition to have to work with various future contents soon-to-release to the game. With the new Fatigue System implemented, it will still be very unlikely that your play will be limited by this addition. This is based on the statistical analysis of our Vindictus players, and most players will not even be able to exhaust their daily fatigue. However, for situations that may cause inconvenience due to the lack of fatigue, we will minimize this inconvenience by providing Fatigue Recovery Potions as much as possible through in-game events.

Another main reason for adding the new system is to limit the macro accounts. As many of you already know, there are still many players who take advantage of a number of accounts and unfairly benefit from the macro program. However, they will be now expected to have limited game use after the new Fatigue System is added, which will have a positive effect on our Vindictus game economy.

The Vindictus Team is always working very hard to increase our player's fun and convenience. Please let our CS Team know if you experience any discomfort after the new system implementation. We would always love to hear from you. Thank you always for your love and support.

- The Vindictus Team
"Oops, we did a thing with no warning, much less discussion with the playerbase. Time to kiss rear end until the sales numbers come in and we decide whether to shitcan the system. Here are lots of fatigue potions so you can pretend the system doesn't exist."

The page what does the describing

quote:

1. Fatigue Point System

Fatigue Points are categorized into Normal Fatigue Points and Bonus Fatigue Points. In the in-game UI display, they are combined.
Normal Fatigue Points (up to 100%) and Bonus Fatigue Points (up to 200%)
Total max Fatigue Points is 300%. You cannot have more than 300%.
All characters created before the first implementation on 1/28 (Tue) will have Fatigue Points batch set to 300%.

You know what? This page is badly laid-out, so I'll skip to heading 3.

quote:

3. Fatigue Point Consumption

Fatigue Points are deducted for each battle departure. If Fatigue Points are at 0, you can still depart, but you will not get any rewards.
There will be no separate announcement or UI that displays the details of the Fatigue Point consumption system. However, there will be a message to show how much Fatigue will be consumed for each battle's departure.
Fatigue Points Deducted per Battle
[A dang ol' chart man I hate those]
So, Fatigue doesn't stop you from running battles, but it does make running a battle for any reason other than practice or story progress completely pointless. The chart says running S3 raids, including Redeemers, costs 10% fatigue. Abyssal Arena costs 16%. Special raids (those marked with [S]) are 20% to enter. Oh, and if you have VVIP, those costs are halved. Which suddenly makes their motivation a lot clearer, doesn't it?

What the chart doesn't tell you: S1 and S2 battles also cost fatigue. 12-man raids don't cost fatigue. I don't know why.

Back up to 2:

quote:

2. How to Recover Fatigue Points

Every day, you will recover 100% of your Normal Fatigue Points. (NA/EU will have Normal Fatigue Points restored at 7:00 AM UTC every day.)
Every day, you will recover 20% of the previous day's remaining Normal Fatigue Points as Bonus Fatigue Points. Bonus Fatigue Points cannot exceed 200%.
Example
If all Bonus Fatigue Points have been consumed, but Normal Fatigue Points are at 100%:
The next day, the player will have 100% Normal Fatigue Points plus an extra 20% of Bonus Fatigue Points (20% of the previous day's remaining Normal Fatigue Points) for a total of 120%.
If the player has 20% of their Normal Fatigue Points remaining:
The next day, the player will have 100% Normal Fatigue Points plus an extra 4% of Bonus Fatigue Points (20% of the previous day's remaining Normal Fatigue Points) for a total of 104%.
You can recover Fatigue Points by using the bed in the Guild House.
Can recover up to 30% of your Fatigue Points.
You can recover Fatigue Points by using the bed once every 24 hours.
The Fatigue Point recovery effect will be applied 6 seconds after the character lies on the bed.
If the character already has full Fatigue Points, the recovery effect will not be applied.
Got all that? No? Here's the important part: You get 100% normal fatigue point (ten S3 raids' worth) each day, guaranteed. If you had fatigue left over from the day before, you'll receive a portion of it as a bonus, on top of the 100% you get at reset. If you have access to a guild house, you can recover 30% fatigue every day by using a bed. Which means that until the fatigue system gets repealed, guild houses aren't a complete joke.

quote:

4. Additions to VIP and VVIP Services Regarding Fatigue Points
Those crappy old VIP capsules banging around in the AP shop (and most likely your NX tab) will let you halve fatigue costs. VVIP also comes with fatigue potions and uh...

quote:

4-1. Per-Character Information for Inner Armor Added to VVIP Service
For some reason, VVIP now comes with unique inner armors? I don't know if they're time-limited inners.

In conclusion: poo poo's stupid. Moreso, I mean.

Now, back to the beginning.

Parasite Nexon: The 3rd Redeemers

quote:

The 3rd Redeemers: Tempering the Sword
Prove you're worthy to wield Fragarach.

The new Redeemers boss is Brigid, the blacksmith of the gods.
Brigid forged Fragarach and witnessed the first seal.
The hero must face Brigid to learn the truth about Fragarach and strengthen their resolve.

In Redeemers, you rely solely on your skill, your allies, and your determination to survive.
Test your limits in the 'Tempering the Sword' battle where you'll face a more powerful foe than the prior two Redeemers battles.

Blacksmith Deity Brigid

The third Redeemers boss is Brigid, the blacksmith of the gods.
Brigid forged Fragarach and witnessed the first seal.
The Hero must visit Brigid to restore Fragarach's power, but Brigid doubts whether the Hero is worthy of Fragarach.
This chica is trying to take our Fragglerock. She doesn't think we deserve it even though we've already used it to destroy the Pillar of Corruption and kneecap Balor's horse. Also, Morrigan herself blessed the sword just for us. Brigid's taking a page from the IoT techbros and acting like the sword is hers forever just because she made it. No I didn't read the Terms and Conditions stamped on the handle no one reads the Terms and Conditions

quote:

Worthiness: Trial

Brigid will put the Hero through a brutal challenge to determine their worthiness.
She unleashes a non-stop chain of attacks with her sword and wings.
Her powerful flame attacks, instant teleporting rear attacks, and large wing attacks will put Heroes' skills to the test.
But the battle is not impossible to win. Watch Brigid's movements closely to predict her attacks, and you'll be successful.

Worthiness: Tribulation

Once you pass the first challenge, Brigid will begin a second, more difficult challenge.
She will equip additional armor and imbue her sword with the heat of the forge.
After that, her sword attacks will leave trails of flame behind them.
If you are hit by these trails of flame, your battle will become far more difficult.
Also, as a blacksmith, Brigid is well versed in the weaknesses of equipment, so her attacks can easily destroy the Hero's armor.
When Brigid glows green, your best chance of winning is to avoid her.
Trials... Tribulations... Feathered blacksmith who's on fire... So she's some kind of... Phoenix Wright? The bit about avoiding her when she's green seems like advice.

quote:

Worthiness: Adversity

In the final stage, Brigid unleashes her full might.
Brigid fights with both enhanced versions of her prior attacks and new attacks that are more difficult to dodge.
And she will occasionally use wide-area attacks that heat up the anvil.
In those moments, Heroes must seek the open skies to survive and prove their worth.
This doesn't mean anything to me. I assume when I'm doing the battle for real, tutorial text will pop up and tell me what "seek the open skies" means.

Celebrate bad times, come on!

quote:

3rd Redeemers Release Celebration Event

Event Period: January 28th - February 25th

The 3rd Redeemers has finally been updated to Vindictus and we'd like to celebrate it with a fun event with you! Complete the mission and earn exclusive rewards the event gives! Prove you're worthy to wield!
This is actually two events. The first involves beating Brigid twice during the event period to get a unique title. The second is to beat Neam or Balor a total of four times. That gets you four Damascus Steels. Then you can repeat that once to get another four steels. I guess that's useful but it's pretty boring.

God, there's still more going on

quote:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Celebrate the annual Valentine's Day with fun events and exclusive rewards! Talk to the Strange Traveler to see what you have to do and get yourself the Valentine's Day Pink Heart Wings to get into the festive moment with your friends!
Talk to the Strange Traveler to get Cooking recipes and some ingredients. Then run battles "appropriate to your level" to get more ingredients. You can earn ingredients to make one sweet chocolate and one bittersweet chocolate each day. The sweet chocolate is a buff item. The bittersweet chocolate is a coupon. Fourteen chocolates gets you pink heart wings. Five chocolates gets you a tiny cinch bag that hangs off of your left hand. Three chocolates gets you a new title. One chocolate gets you a fatigue potion or a goddess grace.

SPORTS

quote:

Pride of the Fighting Gremlins

Event Period: January 28th - February 11th
Exchange Shop Period: January 28th - February 18th

Event Details

Per-character Event

Complete daily missions during the event period to get [The Fighting Gremlins Coupon].
Collect enough coupons to exchange them for a reward at the Exchange Shop!
Do your daily Temporal missions to get Fighting Gremlins Coupons. Exchange the coupons for football helmets (7 coupons), a new emblem (4 coupons), or merc pots/fatigue potions (1 coupon).

quote:

Frenzy Dice Game

Event Period: January 28th - February 5th
Event Details

Per-character Event

Get the Frenzy Dice items by clearing Season 3 raids.
Move based on the dice roll.
Earn rewards based on the square you land on. Some squares will award Rank S or Rank A items.
You'll get Damascus Steel every time you pass the starting point.

Where to Get Dice

You can get 1 Fury Dice item when you complete a Season 3 Raid Battle (up to 30 a week).
Dices can be used until February 25th 7 A.M. UTC.
Run Season 3 raids, get dice. Roll the dice and you will, statistically speaking, get a fatigue potion. You might also get a Gallagher's Frenzy Box, which can contain something that's actually good. Upgrade mats, mostly, but you'll probably get more fatigue potions.

For those who would rather level their alts than press ctrl-alt-del on this game

quote:

Alt Character Bolstering Event

Event Period: January 28th - February 25th

Time to bolster those alternative characters Mercenaries! To support leveling your sub-characters, we've brought you a rewarding event where the more you max your alt characters, the faster and more rewards you'll be able to receive during this time! Time to max all your characters in your account Mercenary! Do not miss this chance!
If you have any characters below level 80, you can get significant boosts to leveling speed. Also, this is one of those events where getting up to level 95 means getting a full set of +12 Dullahan armor. So yeah, if you've complained about how long it takes to gear: Right now it does not take a long time to gear up.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 29, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I don't like any of this.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Redeemers: a set of difficult endgame raids for some stat bonuses that you need to run 100x each
Turns out they made some tweaks to this exact system today. Now, to get all of the stat bonuses you don't need to beat Neam or Balor the full 100 times each. One Neam run now gives 25% completion and Balor gives 2%. Getting carried through Neam a measly four times (which can be done in one day) means some easy ATT and crit for people who want that little bit of help inching towards endgame raids. You still need to do a hundred runs of the same boss to get Redeemer Seals but lol at anyone who plans that far ahead.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Fatigue system is so unpopular, so universally loathed, that I may actually be shocked when Nexon decides to leave it as is.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ArchWizard posted:

The Fatigue system is so unpopular, so universally loathed, that I may actually be shocked when Nexon decides to leave it as is.

You should be familiar with Nexon by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Schubalts posted:

You should be familiar with Nexon by now.

Squeezing the last bit of water from the stone. I fully expect fatigue pots for $$$.