Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The person in that picture is not in their early twenties so maybe it is someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

"Modern web standards" is not exactly a phrase that evokes anything good in my mind.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I guess I’m a bit confused. She said the code here was all spaghetti and she was getting developers? I mean I’m all for getting more revenue irrespective of how it occurs. I was just confused.

Bruh she'll just hire them. She has a binder full of CMO'S and is good at networking. She's well versed in SA culture despite having to dip her toe into the posting waters and flailing wildly. She will monetize things and construct personas out of anonymous poster archetypes. She apparently has pseudo-mod-level access to change avs and poo poo, too, so play nice with your new sister. You're one microscopic cog in her catastrophic plan, designed and directed by a thirsty white man

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Don’t bring offsite poo poo in here. I’d rather just deal with SA facts myself. But it’s low taxes thread.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Twitter sucks. There's more than enough to be content with in this thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Bruh she'll just hire them. She has a binder full of CMO'S and is good at networking. She's well versed in SA culture despite having to dip her toe into the posting waters and flailing wildly. She will monetize things and construct personas out of anonymous poster archetypes. She apparently has pseudo-mod-level access to change avs and poo poo, too, so play nice with your new sister. You're one microscopic cog in her catastrophic plan, designed and directed by a thirsty white man

Fall on your sword dude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 28, 2020

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Burt Sexual posted:

Don’t bring offsite poo poo in here. I’d rather just deal with SA facts myself. But it’s low taxes thread.

Oh I assumed since it was her Twitter and she was talking about things she mentioned here it would be ok and I apologise. Do you want me to delete it?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Fall on your sword dude.

I don't say cusses and the s-word is one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I don't say cusses and the s-word is one

you're not funny and are kind of creepy

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I haven't taken a moment to appreciate the lack of PJ posts I've been exposed to lately and am feeling super blessed right now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh I assumed since it was her Twitter and she was talking about things she mentioned here it would be ok and I apologise. Do you want me to delete it?

Idc really, but going out and linking offsite poo poo is just poor form to me. Lowtax can handle whatever he feels necessary

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Idc really, but going out and linking offsite poo poo is just poor form to me. Lowtax can handle whatever he feels necessary

you asked a question and he answered it by linking a conversation on her Twitter which shows she's serious. I don't see how that was off-site drama

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

kolby posted:

you asked a question and he answered it by linking a conversation on her Twitter which shows she's serious. I don't see how that was off-site drama

I would tend to agree with this but I'm hardly a forums litigator

more of a forums alligator

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I wasn’t trying to punk anyone, I’m legitimately pointing out the website for a design firm that this person was hired from to do marketing strategy and find coders and writers for SA.

She legit states that she has worked with a ton of stakeholders with their properties and I assumed that her portfolio would indicate some of those companies beyond what she’s doing as of 10 months ago in her college courses.

Her posted resume was pretty lofty and I just wanted to find the proof

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
her posts in this thread alone should show you that she's not professional.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Burt go read her posts from pages 33 and 34. She explicitly states that she’s hiring developers, is part of the brand now, and that she has plans for the front page and forums including hiring writers. So unless she’s trolling everyone, she said all that stuff here too.

youre
Dec 30, 2019

extremely unexpected that goons would latch on to every single word and shred of information and dissect it to the point of no resemblance

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Everyone is worried about nothing. Goon projects never get off the ground.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Except when they explode

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

load bearing post

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Rage posted:

Burt go read her posts from pages 33 and 34. She explicitly states that she’s hiring developers, is part of the brand now, and that she has plans for the front page and forums including hiring writers. So unless she’s trolling everyone, she said all that stuff here too.

I’ve read all the posts and interacted in real interest. Just not my bag to go google poo poo and bring it back.

She’s obviously new and is trying to figure out wtf this site is. She’s probably never been here before. Lt wants some volunteers cool. That’s what I am. I just wondered about spaghetti code. Maybe it’s all intertwined with the front page and the forums idk. It’s not a big deal ya goons.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
For what it is worth (which I acknowledge is very little) the term 'digital native' was coined by an academic called Marc Prensky, and has been thoroughly challenged and debunked in the literature since then.

fun link.

Doesn't mean it doesn't have cultural meaning, but academically it has fallen out of favour. Any time I see it my eye twitches.

In other news I like the goatse picture someone posted.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

youre posted:

The amount of positive comments itt hugely outweigh the negative ones and most of the negative ones are just little ball busting jabs trying to be dry humor. I made some heartfelt effort positive comments that broke the 4th wall of my posting persona and it got buried.

this motherfucker has a 'posting persona' for his alt account for probation evasion lmao what on earth

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this motherfucker has a 'posting persona' for his alt account for probation evasion lmao what on earth

:ok:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

She’s obviously new and is trying to figure out wtf this site is. She’s probably never been here before.

Unfortunately Art posted:

Back in 2017, I was 13 and posted an Ask/Tell thread about

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

YOU DID NOT READ ALL THE POSTS BURT! I AM SO MAD!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I take a day and a half off from GBS and poo poo starts popping off

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

*takes a long cool sip of filtered internet to calm down*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
From what I can gather we have a new forums mom and also something called a "Front Page"?????

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Who What Now posted:

I take a day and a half off from GBS and poo poo starts popping off

Thats a pro tier chicken pic

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Incitatus posted:

Thats a pro tier chicken pic

Thanks! Someone bought it because they hated my precious avatar.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Well, maybe the new marketing manager can post her posts on the front page so people can stop accidentally miss reading them

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
graphic design is my passion

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

how many of lowtaxs patreons are giving him money to watch him stream? like 10%? 85% are forums people and the last 5% are wondering when shmorky is coming back

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Could you do a logo for my gym in Richmond,VA? Our emphasis is fitness.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Richie's Post House

Internet...straight from the filter

Let the users!!!.....post what they want

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Light Gun Man posted:

:D

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Thanks! Someone bought it because they hated my precious avatar.

Someone bought my avatar and it sucks. Then again why did I post in a theead where the op was giving out anime avatars? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jokes piled high!