Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

That one surprised me. Didn't PWX have closer ties to Highspots than most promotions? I could ask since I know a lot of the people involved, but I kind of figured that was why Kevin Kelly replaced Marty DeRosa (who decided to sit Mania weekend out) alongside Excalibur on commentary at Supershow last year.

Yea, I mean they were always kind of the home promotion for Highspots in a sense since they’re both in the same area and Jake Manning seemed heavily involved in both.

I was pretty surprised by it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Chris Dickinson's Mania weekend:

vs Minoru Suzuki at Bloodsport
vs Shingo Takagi at WrestleCon
vs Masashi Takeda in a no submission/DQ/rules/holds barred deathmatch at ICW

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1221981978678964224

is he doing the wrestling version of leaving las vegas???

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Chris Dickinson's Mania weekend:

vs Minoru Suzuki at Bloodsport
vs Shingo Takagi at WrestleCon
vs Masashi Takeda in a no submission/DQ/rules/holds barred deathmatch at ICW

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1221981978678964224

With him doing the GCW shows in Japan next month too, if he isn't working New Japan by the end of the year I'm gonna be salty

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWX in the Carolinas is partnering with IWTV now. Their X-16 tournament got posted.

It is really weird seeing Ren Narita wrestle in the shithole town where I lived from 2002 to 2006. I wonder if they went for ice cream at Tony's afterwards.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 28, 2020

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
My fave thing every year is learning which Indie dude is doing the “I may die this weekend” run of matches. P excited about Dickinson.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Grainbarn posted:

My fave thing every year is learning which Indie dude is doing the “I may die this weekend” run of matches. P excited about Dickinson.

I think I'm about over this, though. Last year there were a whole bunch of decent matches that had the Lucha Bros or LAX in them, but I would have preferred half the amount of matches if it meant they were all straight up bangers.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea, I mean they were always kind of the home promotion for Highspots in a sense since they’re both in the same area and Jake Manning seemed heavily involved in both.

I was pretty surprised by it as well.

I got to meet Jake Manning at NEW in Connecticut, and he was cool as gently caress

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whoever's running Highspot's social media is a rude geek tho.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Big Bidness posted:

I think I'm about over this, though. Last year there were a whole bunch of decent matches that had the Lucha Bros or LAX in them, but I would have preferred half the amount of matches if it meant they were all straight up bangers.

At lest this year it seems like Dickinson has a lot of variety in the matches he's taking up. Actually there seems to be a ton of variety in general. I wonder how many people are flying in and not even bothering with WM?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MLW stuff:

Sources claimed to PWInsider that the company's discussing with 4 potential outlets for TV/streaming rights
There's talk of adding a trios title
Women's division is on hold; was gonna be built around Zeda Zhang, who's hurt now. Priscilla Kelly's last contracted date with them is Saturday
Speaking of Saturday, there's a show Saturday. Card for Fightland:

Jacob Fatu (with Josef Samael) defends the world title against CIMA
Killer Kross debuts against Filthy Tom Lawlor
Alex Hammerstone defends the Openweight title against T-Hawk
Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Erick Stevens
Brian Pillman Jr vs Jimmy Havoc (with Priscilla Kelly)
Contra Unit (Simon Gotch and Ikuro Kwon) vs Los Parks (LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park) in a lumberjack match
Low Ki vs King Mo (with Dan Lambert)
Myron Reed defends the Middleweight title against Arez
Injustice (Jordan Oliver and Kotto Brazil) vs Puma King and Gringo Loco
Mance Warner vs Gino Medina
Zenshi vs El Lindaman
Septimo Dragon vs Douglas James
Dominic Garrini issues an open prize fight challenge
Tag champs Von Erichs (Marshall and Ross Von Erich) make their Philly debut
Konnan appears

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am going to this show and am excited to see The Stronghearts.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Why in god's name is does the show have 14 matches on it, that sounds deadly

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just checked, and it's a Fusion taping with a fancier name

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Ki vs King Mo, someone get Scott Coker on the line.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I'm now even more sure that the Beyond thing is an angle.

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1222324936032817153

How are they gonna not do intergender?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I do love that when they decide to do a bit they just absolutely go for it.

EDIT: Looking at the venue they've got booked, this is taking place immediately before Evolve have a show in the same venue. Which may or may not be a calculated swipe.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 29, 2020

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

I do love that when they decide to do a bit they just absolutely go for it.

EDIT: Looking at the venue they've got booked, this is taking place immediately before Evolve have a show in the same venue. Which may or may not be a calculated swipe.

eh the first time they ran this venue they had no guard rails and intergender and the owners bitched drew out about it

they've run another 4 or 5 times and theres been no guard rails or intergender on those cards

also the guard rails are definitely a thing so it takes less time to set up for evolve

Gabe really likes the place and usually partners with Drew for a 2fer and it's a nice place for a card since the GA seating beats the poo poo out of the regular VIP. Plus drew gets a full kitchen to run his catering for the event

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 29, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you really can't take indie wrestlers anywhere

https://twitter.com/JPWarHorse/status/1222639993610522624

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
If you ever find yourself in Southeast Asia, do checkout the numerous indies that are operating in their countries. I think the newest one is SETUP Thailand Pro Wrestling. They've been collaborating often and booking more established outside talent so the scene is steadily getting bigger.

Robbie Eagles is booked for a Feb 23 match in Manila, Philippines.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Schneider Heim posted:

If you ever find yourself in Southeast Asia, do checkout the numerous indies that are operating in their countries. I think the newest one is SETUP Thailand Pro Wrestling. They've been collaborating often and booking more established outside talent so the scene is steadily getting bigger.

Hope that works out, they just had a big volcanic eruption

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

SETUP is Pumi from Gatoh Move's new company so you're likely to see some gtmv people on those shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
First Pagano vs Gage in ICW and now THIS

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1222713312468750337

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Alright who wants to split an Airbnb in Mexico City

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hope that works out, they just had a big volcanic eruption

I live in the Philippines! It could've been much worse, but we're all right. The local indie is doing a pay-what-you-want show next week for the volcano victims.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

SETUP is Pumi from Gatoh Move's new company so you're likely to see some gtmv people on those shows.

I see a Crystal vs Mei Suruga match lined up on their March show. They had a great Gatoh Move match last year, it's gonna be a lot fun.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This legit blew me away and is going to rule.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rewatching Tournament Of Death VIII. This has to be one of the best top to bottom American wrestling shows ever, right?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

objective fact

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MLW is recruiting for their street team! What's the pay, you ask? Free tickets!

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1223094815350542337

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1223082881154613259

DEFY has sold out a few times but this is the first actual Super No Vacancy

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
drat forgot to get tickets for that and was hoping I could get standing room only.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I bought my ticket the day they went on sale and there weren't many left then. You have to rush DEFY tickets earlier and earlier nowadays.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

TTBF posted:

I bought my ticket the day they went on sale and there weren't many left then. You have to rush DEFY tickets earlier and earlier nowadays.

Super glad PNW has an indy scene now and that it's doing well.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I wish Defy would come back down to Portland, their cards always look so cool compared to what’s been run down here since I started paying attention.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't know what's up with that. They toured around the PNW for a bit, then limited themselves to basically Portland and Seattle, and then something happened in Portland and now they're just in Seattle. I thought at first it was a difference in state regulations but if that was true they could just put the show in Vancouver, WA.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
DEFY anywhere except Washington hall seems weird. That’s their arena to me

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Big news about Effy's Big Gay Brunch

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1223365473745678336?s=19

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, the two Portland shows I went to (one with New Japan, one in a bar) both felt off. The bar more so. I couldn't see DEFY at the Showbox or anything like that. Nothing is gonna ever feel as off as Washington Hall's basement though. I'm glad that was a one time thing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I haven't seen this guy (correct pronoun?) wrestle yet but he seems to be pretty drat cool

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 1, 2020

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I wish Defy would come back down to Portland, their cards always look so cool compared to what’s been run down here since I started paying attention.

http://www.powprowrestling.com/
POW! runs out of Eugene with almost monthly shows with tickets starting at $15. Ive been to 2 shows and its tons of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I haven't seen this guy (correct pronoun?) wrestle yet but he seems to be pretty drat cool

He's fun! He won the 51st State Championship at the last Prime Time Pro show