Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/nick-aldis-there-s-someone-very-successful-wwe-who-wants-nothing-do-me

That moment when you don't get a contract from WWE at a time when literally anybody with any kind of name is getting a contract from WWE and you gotta rationalize it.

PaybackJack posted:

Dave might die on this hill defending Charlotte. His love of Bazler almost saved him tonight but he full on doesn't get why people hate her. He said something like "She was promised things, then plans changed, but people still hate her." It's like gently caress Dave, you just hit the nail on the head.

I gave up on Dave and Bryan on this particular subject after TLC when they characterized anybody who maybe had a problem with Charlotte slapping and power bombing a concussed colleague was just one of the haters and losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lmao if Aldis's endgame NWA title run plan was:
get signed WWE
drop title.
???
profit

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What's the problem with Aldis again? Huge douche IRL?

Because otherwise he's the kind of guy you'd think WWE would definitely want. Very charismatic, excellent talker, good in the ring.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 28, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As far as I know, he's a decent guy that married well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've heard he's gotten better, but after watching All In, I can tell you I never, ever, ever wanted to watch the guy wrestle again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

I've heard he's gotten better, but after watching All In, I can tell you I never, ever, ever wanted to watch the guy wrestle again.

I was the polar opposite. Cody did a bang up job getting Aldis over and Aldis has done a pretty solid job of keeping over. Granted, I give the NWA title holders a significant pass if they have a decent lookin field of defenses, which Aldis has done a great job of.

In reality, the NWA title hold is interchangable with Shawn Spears in terms of importance tho.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

In reality, the NWA title hold is interchangable with Shawn Spears in terms of importance tho.

The Perfect 10 (Pounds of Gold)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1222194763954155520?s=20

Dave wants writers but I'm almost certain you ain't getting paid.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

MJeff posted:

I think I said the same thing about Cody after that match. he's gotten better though.

it was such a loving overbooked disaster.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

forkboy84 posted:

The payment is you can put "writer (wrestling observer)" in your twitter bio.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

At least that puts it above the WWE World and Universal titles.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

At least that puts it above the WWE World and Universal titles.

anything contested under gameshow rules is not a wrestling title.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

forkboy84 posted:

Everyone reply with a comment about the pay, plz

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Filthy Tom talking about Eiffel Towers had me cracking up

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah that pay in exposure poo poo needs to stop

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Set David Starr on them

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah that pay in exposure poo poo needs to stop

It's all over (sports) journalism in general unfortunately.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave and Bryan were on the vlog! Nothing but greetings and clips from the podcast but it's funny to see their room and Dave's wardrobe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCrfDjFKlwg&t=380s

Aldis is meh but someone from Impact definitely buried him to HHH years back.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jericho's joe dirt metal mullet is so good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There's something hilarious to me about Marko coming up to Sammy with two White Claws (right before the time stamp).

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

-no shirt
-backpack
-sunglasses indoors
-two white claws stacked on top of each other

an incredibly powerful look from marko

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For whatever reason it didn't occur to me that Bryan and Dave would be sharing a cabin, and I loving love it :3:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Especially with those braids

They make literally every situation he's in even funnier

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

mkay0 posted:

Everyone reply with a comment about the pay, plz

https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/1222357537808404481

Unfortunately it's one of those great jobs where you have no set schedule and little advance notice, so payment is obviously not possible

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/1222357537808404481

Unfortunately it's one of those great jobs where you have no set schedule and little advance notice, so payment is obviously not possible

Very cool to be on call during and after every single televised wrestling event to not be paid, despite there being a thousand other sites you can copy paste because no one is going to the observer for text smackdown recaps.

Clownery.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychepath posted:

no one is going to the observer for text smackdown recaps.

I link to them for the Detailed Results updates to the monthly WWE thread :shobon:

All of which doesn't change the fact that holy poo poo Observer, pay people if you want them to write this!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Imagine writing extensive WWE recaps for free, what an absolute geek would do this??

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bix

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
loving lmao @ Tom saying the Fiend contract signing looked like a Kink.com shoot

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is a top 5 women's wrestler in the world Dave is being fair. Just because there is outrageously trumped up hate for her here doesn't make all of you right.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte is a top 5 women's wrestler in the world Dave is being fair. Just because there is outrageously trumped up hate for her here doesn't make all of you right.

this isn't the Chris Regal thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so does that make Britt Baker top 6?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eat My Fuc posted:

Top 5 most weird plastic surgeries sure

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also I'm assuming you mean currently active because Reggie Bennett is not getting unseated by Ric Flair's messy daughter.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

coconono posted:

also I'm assuming you mean currently active because Reggie Bennett is not getting unseated by Ric Flair's messy daughter.

RIP to a real one, hoss lasses never die :911:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't see how she even breaks top 5 in the company but go on.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE top 5, as ranked by someone who only sees gifs and social media peaks:

1. becky
2. naomi
3. Asuka
4. Kairi Sane
5. fine Charlotte I guess

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Even if you believe Charlotte is the single most talented wrestler to ever exist, the point is that she's overpushed and people are tired of it. The same poo poo happens in every single sport where someone is extremely good for a long time - it was cool when Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl after being a sixth round draft pick, less cool when he did it 17 more times. WWE has the luxury of being scripted and thus they can avoid it, but instead they go out of their way to make their viewers bored of their biggest stars.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard that if Eat My Fuc makes three more pro-Charlotte posts, she'll marry him for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think charlotte is fine and she's had good matches in the past but i also havent watched wwe in years so i dont know if she has greatly regressed or anything