Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DaveKap posted:

Posting because relevant to discussion:

This is the first one of these that's actually funny. I remember I saw a reddit post of someone getting one of the O'Brien ones signed by Colm Meaney and wondered which one I would get signed by him if I were to do such a thing. I looked through as many as I could and realized they were all depressingly sad and not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Cojawfee posted:

This is the first one of these that's actually funny. I remember I saw a reddit post of someone getting one of the O'Brien ones signed by Colm Meaney and wondered which one I would get signed by him if I were to do such a thing. I looked through as many as I could and realized they were all depressingly sad and not funny.

The depressing sadness is what’s funny. At least to me.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cojawfee posted:

C'mon, even this one?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

DaveKap posted:

Posting because relevant to discussion:

You left out the last panel

"Computer, create that dungeon sex table from that one episode, you know which one i'm talking about"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"Computer, create that dungeon sex table from that one episode, you know which one i'm talking about"

Didn't it create that pretty quickly from very general instructions that were coming from Riker? LOL

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Create a dungeon sex table capable of defeating Data.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

CPColin posted:

Create a dungeon sex table capable of defeating Data.

Isn't that the B plot of First Contact?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Owlbear Camus posted:

Didn't it create that pretty quickly from very general instructions that were coming from Riker? LOL

It's like the auto-complete feature on Google search. It's just showing the most relevant version of a table based on what other people are doing.

"Computer, show me a table"

Computer: "Gotchya, one table coming up!" *Plain wooden table materializes*

"No no, not like that..."

Computer: "Ohhhh, I understand now." *Plain wooden table transforms into BDSM torture rack*

Computer: *winks*

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 28, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Kibbles n Shits posted:

It's like the auto-complete feature on Google search. It's just showing the most relevant version of a table based on what other people are doing.

Riker Googling, but in Incognito Mode.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Lizard Combatant posted:

The D plot :dong:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Riker Googling, but in Incognito Mode.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
What a rollercoaster of a page...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

I mean, the Borg do say "your culture will adapt to service us." :heysexy:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

AntherUslessPoster posted:

What a rollercoaster of a page...

Well hold on to your loving hat mate, and listen to this:

Bashir spin off - Bashir We Go Again

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Every time I think of Bashir now I'm reminded that Game of Thrones cast Alexander Siddig as one of the top political mastermind characters in Westeros and then ended his character arc by him dying when his sister-in-law tips his wheelchair over and I :smith:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

nine-gear crow posted:

Every time I think of Bashir now I'm reminded that Game of Thrones cast Alexander Siddig as one of the top political mastermind characters in Westeros and then ended his character arc by him dying when his sister-in-law tips his wheelchair over and I :smith:

loving lol, is there a gif of this?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Odo You Just Didn't
The Sisko Kid
Morn Free

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Powered Descent posted:

Odo You Just Didn't

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm exaggerating. She stabs him and then just kind of drags him out of the chair and lets him convulse on the ground for a bit. But it was still dumb as hell.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

I almost woke up my 1 y/o with laughter you fuckers. These titles are amazing! :D :D :D

Lizard Combatant posted:

The description sold you a perfect loving scene, sadly the reality is far more boring, like the way the loving show 'ended'.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm exaggerating. She stabs him and then just kind of drags him out of the chair and lets him convulse on the ground for a bit. But it was still dumb as hell.

Ah well, I'm just going to continue imagining that Mack and Me scene instead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Ah well, I'm just going to continue imagining that Mack and Me scene instead.

I mean, the rest of the description is 100% heartbreakingly accurate. They cast Siddig in a role that was a fan favourite power player in the books and on the show he sits around and does nothing and then gets blindsided by a character who's just kind of... there in the story (of the books, at least). But the show was already unraveling like a frayed rope at that point so it didn't really matter in the end.

Still, they wasted Alexander Siddig. Even loving :twentyfour: got its mileage out of the man for as briefly as he was on it.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 28, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Siddig was fine in Gotham as Ra's.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

I adore Siddig. I dunno why, he just looks and feels (onscreen) exquisite. I can't describe. He's just cool af.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Siddig was really good in The Spy. I forget his name but he played the Syrian president's head of security. edit: Suidani. I wasn't even sure it was him at first because he held his jaw so differently than he usually does. He's this totally humorless clench-jawed villain. Who hates and distrusts the main character and is proved completely correct and wins in the end.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Siddig was also phenomenal in Syriana.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
My favorite Siddig role is probably his scenery-scarfing worst PM of all time in Doomsday

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Bashir would be loving perfect for Picard.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

MichiganCubbie posted:

I agree with this, and really, really hope it's not going that path. I'm hoping the Romulans are literally trying to reclaim Romulan drones, or something along those lines.

That is what I immediately thought reclamation meant and I feel certain that's what it is.

TheCenturion posted:

Maddox tried to save Lal too, don’t forget. Maybe he spent the next twenty years trying to overcome that failure, so to speak.

No, that was some Admiral who showed up to take Lal away.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, the rest of the description is 100% heartbreakingly accurate. They cast Siddig in a role that was a fan favourite power player in the books and on the show he sits around and does nothing and then gets blindsided by a character who's just kind of... there in the story (of the books, at least). But the show was already unraveling like a frayed rope at that point so it didn't really matter in the end.

Still, they wasted Alexander Siddig. Even loving :twentyfour: got its mileage out of the man for as briefly as he was on it.

When they cast him, I immediately thought of the Grass that hides the Viper speech, and was really excited to see Dorne unite together to get revenge for Oberyn.

Instead, we got the bad pussy and then loving Euron Greyjoy the crazy pirate king (not the mystical warlord who made a deal with someone in the Smoking Seas and is now possibly a lich) killed them all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lal is a great example of when British people decide to just pronounce a word weirdly. Everyone else in the show says her name correctly, except Picard who keeps saying 'laaaal"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

Lal is a great example of when British people decide to just pronounce a word weirdly. Everyone else in the show says her name correctly, except Picard who keeps saying 'laaaal"

At least he doesn't say Data's name like "Data" instead of "Data" like everyone else!! I'm lookin at you Dr. Pulaski!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

At least he doesn't say Data's name like "Data" instead of "Data" like everyone else!! I'm lookin at you Dr. Pulaski!!

Weirdly, it was supposed to sound like that and it was Sir PatStew that got the long A version into American conciseness

Or it's an apocryphal story I've come to accept

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Bloop posted:

Weirdly, it was supposed to sound like that and it was Sir PatStew that got the long A version into American conciseness

Or it's an apocryphal story I've come to accept

No, the long-A version was already very common. It's what we always used in Apple II programming class, for example.

But I do think that Sir Patrick did change the way America pronounces a different word: futile.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

No, the long-A version was already very common. It's what we always used in Apple II programming class, for example.

But I do think that Sir Patrick did change the way America pronounces a different word: futile.

I recall Jeri Ryan mentioning something like that. She said the rest of the Borg pronounce futile the British way because of Patrick Stewart, but Seven pronounces it the American way.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MikeJF posted:

Defeat the Dragon, rescue the princess. And her five identical twins.

Instructions unclear, created Tiamat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hmm, Data painted the paintings the same year in TNG he started dreaming, I wonder if he dreamed the image.

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

"Miles, what the hell are we doing here?"