Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The fact that someone legitimately thinks filipino is hispanic is making me feel old as gently caress!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ort posted:

The fact that someone legitimately thinks filipino is hispanic is breaking my brain this morning.

from wikipedia:

quote:

Today, the term Hispanic is typically applied to the varied populations of these places, including those with Spanish ancestry. Because of their historical, linguistic, and cultural ties with Spain, Filipinos can be considered Hispanic.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Play posted:

hey i liked rosarito's! they had a decent to good california burrito and their carne asada was good. a couple awesome places in downtown sb as well like el sitio and romanti-ezer. Although I still believe San Diego and the bay area are the best places in the world for burritos

Oh man Romanti-Ezer takes me back. When I worked in downtown SB I would go there like once a week for lunch.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1222201182275457025

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

CannonFodder posted:

Is there a famous Kansas City beer? When the 49ers were in the SB a few years ago I got Anchor Steam and then something from Baltimore to rep the Ravens.

Boulevard Tank 7 is the one everyone raves about.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

the mean lunch lady posted:

Inbev owns Boulevard, so that's going to be your best bet on getting it outside of the KC market.

KC Bier co has some good beers too but I'm not sure if you can get them outside of KC.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1222210228302860289

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Its Rinaldo posted:

I wandered around Gaslamp.

You coulda gotten one at the Tivoli.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just watched the Kareem Hunt DUI video and ROFL that was incredible.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ort posted:

The fact that someone legitimately thinks filipino is hispanic is breaking my brain this morning.

Just because they're next to Asian doesn't make them Chinese, honkey. I hope you learned something today.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Play posted:

I wouldn't have thought so either, but :shrug:

Only about 1% of Filipinos self-identify as Hispanic, so it's safe to say they aren't.

quote:

Q. What about Brazilians, Portuguese and Filipinos? Are they Hispanic?

A. They are in the eyes of the Census Bureau if they say they are, even though these countries do not fit the federal government’s official definition of “Hispanic” because they are not Spanish-speaking. For the most part, people who trace their ancestry to these countries do not self-identify as Hispanic when they fill out their census forms. Only about 2% of immigrants from Brazil do so, as do 2% of immigrants from Portugal and 1% from the Philippines, according to Pew Research Center tabulations of the 2017 American Community Survey.

These patterns reflect a growing recognition and acceptance of the official definition of Hispanics. In the 1980 census, 18% of Brazilian immigrants and 12% of both Portuguese and Filipino immigrants identified as Hispanic. But by 2000, the shares identifying as Hispanic dropped to levels close to those seen today.

What people report on census forms are not subject to any independent checks, corroborations or corrections. This means, in theory, someone who has no Hispanic ancestors could identify as Hispanic and that’s how they would be counted.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/11/11/who-is-hispanic/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

Only about 1% of Filipinos self-identify as Hispanic, so it's safe to say they aren't.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/11/11/who-is-hispanic/

That makes sense though, as memories and culture of imperial Spain fade and the Philippines kind of re-appreciates its own native culture, definitions change over time.

I work with three Filipino guys maybe I'll ask them what they would say. I'm gonna guess they'll say they do not consider themselves hispanic, especially considering the obvious in that they dont speak Spanish.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
BILLS MAFIA!

**PUKE WARNING**

:nws:
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1222217451544489990?s=20

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 28, 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

That makes sense though, as memories and culture of imperial Spain fade and the Philippines kind of re-appreciates its own native culture, definitions change over time.

I work with three Filipino guys maybe I'll ask them what they would say. I'm gonna guess they'll say they do not consider themselves hispanic, especially considering the obvious in that they dont speak Spanish.

Call one of them "puto" first and you'll see how much Spanish he speaks.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

super glad I checked this thread first thing after lunch, great

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Fifty Three posted:

super glad I checked this thread first thing after lunch, great

yeah i did not need that in my life, to say the least

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well at least it'll be funny

https://twitter.com/WxShaw/status/1222183971347476480

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
The community center is having a few people come sing for the elderly. It's theme is Viva la Mexico. My wife is one of the volunteer performers. She came home and told me the other singers couldn't think of songs from/about Mexico or by Mexican performers so some are performing music from West Side Story and others from Evita.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Retweet this at Boomer Esiason.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

What is dead may never die

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Uhg the guy looks like an even fatter and uglier version of Patton Oswald.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the mean lunch lady posted:

The real answer is this on a hot summer's day

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

jesus

I can *smell* this video

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I was disgusted now I just feel sad for the guy that he sits there wallowing in his own filth.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Absolutely disgusting. These people should be quarantined in camps

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/01/28/7-7-magnitude-off-coast-of-jamaica-shakes-buildings-in-miami/

GET MAHOMES TO HIGH GROUND YOU FOOLS

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Houston Oilers will have their vengeance

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol the Texans promoted Bill O Brian.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Well I’m a huge loving dumbass who scheduled a red eye to São Paulo for 10pm on Sunday for work.

Hoping for a run heavy game?

Adun fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 29, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
BoB's already HC & GM, what else can they promote him to? President?

Of course my first thought was that he was fired, which reminded me of this meme gem:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Omg you're promoted to a costumer

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Flikken posted:

Inbev owns Boulevard, so that's going to be your best bet on getting it outside of the KC market.

KC Bier co has some good beers too but I'm not sure if you can get them outside of KC.

Nope, Duvel bought Boulevard, not Inbev.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Boulevard is pretty great, and their seasonal releases (especially the smokestack series) are awesome.

KC Bier is going to be hard to find outside the area, but maybe not for long. You should at least be able to find the Dunkel.

The most famous will be Boulevard Wheat. The best available right now would be Boulevard Brandyland, but I really like stouts.

There's also like 37 microbreweries in the metro, quite a few of which are very good.

E: if you're ever in KC, do the Boulevard tour. It takes like an hour, you get a couple samples, and end in the tap room, which is 4 stories and has all kinds of beers.

E2; Boulevard already has a beer bet with some SF brewery. Loser donates a grand to the other's charity of choice.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 29, 2020

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

There's a super long but awesome article about Andy Reid up in the Chiefs official page:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/the-andy-reid-story

Good avatar material too

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
That is a prime gym teacher look

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

No Butt Stuff posted:

Boulevard is pretty great, and their seasonal releases (especially the smokestack series) are awesome.

KC Bier is going to be hard to find outside the area, but maybe not for long. You should at least be able to find the Dunkel.

The most famous will be Boulevard Wheat. The best available right now would be Boulevard Brandyland, but I really like stouts.

There's also like 37 microbreweries in the metro, quite a few of which are very good.

E: if you're ever in KC, do the Boulevard tour. It takes like an hour, you get a couple samples, and end in the tap room, which is 4 stories and has all kinds of beers.

E2; Boulevard already has a beer bet with some SF brewery. Loser donates a grand to the other's charity of choice.

Hell yeah brother

Also, beers from Free State Brewing in Lawrence, KS are really good too.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
because without beer, things do not seem to go as well...

edit: i have two of those shirts and i love them

edit 2: its this one https://shop.freestatebrewing.com/collections/gear/products/falcon-t-shirt

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 29, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kinda want brady to come back just to watch him take a season of kill shots

quote:

Patriots OL Dante Scarnecchia is retiring after nearly three decades with the team.

A Patriots assistant since 1991, Scarnecchia first retired following the 2013 season. He then returned in 2016. The legendary position coach turns 72 in February. Something of a not-so-secret weapon during Bill Belichick's dynasty, Scarnecchia will be a difficult man to replace.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1222339452233768960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Kinda want brady to come back just to watch him take a season of kill shots

You'll get to watch that if he signs with the Chargers