Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
You'll have plenty of time for high tech manufacturing, when you're living in a van down by the desert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silicon dioxide valley

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

That Works posted:

Silicon dioxide valley

:yosnice:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1222306680249163776?s=20

DOD covering up injuries, why I never!? Also disappointed in her not using proper trigraph

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm just waiting for them to say at some point, I'm guessing right after the election, that a few people lost limbs.

I'm also guessing that literally everyone on that base has had 0 contact with the outside world because they've done a good job keeping the AAR from that under wraps and I have a sneaking suspicion that they classified it at some ludicrously high level of clearance.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know how to feel.

I suspect someone in the administration (either Pentagon, WH, or both) has some foresight to keep things with Iran below a boil.

And yet they’re covering up obvious casualties/injuries/what may actually have happened and we won’t hear poo poo about it for who knows how long.

Then again, maybe that’s military.txt. I’m just a civvie after all.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/andymoney69/status/1222309853357649920?s=19

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/ianshaw91/status/1222313367320387584?s=19

:stare: If that's real, then uhhh good job spying for the USSR I guess.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Eh, it's implicitly made for the Palestinians to reject so Israel can pretend to be the more reasonable party and continue or even ramp up its occupation/annexation.

"implicitly"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Don Jr cleaning out the family storage unit?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It would be insanely, shockingly dumb for the KGB to award an undercover agent a medal while he's still in enemy territory lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If it’s real it’d be a trophy. That’s too perfect.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Fallom posted:

It would be insanely, shockingly dumb for the KGB to award an undercover agent a medal while he's still in enemy territory lmao

Maybe it's like Looper and they sent him those to let him know that he has reached the end of his usefulness.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
IIRC, the East Germans only had a handful of medals made for agents abroad. There'd be an award ceremony, but they wouldn't get to keep the medal afterwards.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I thought what they did was they gave you an awards ceremony, didn't let you keep the award, but then blackmailed you with photos from the ceremony if you changed your mind later.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Fallom posted:

They gave the Order of the Red Banner to Melita Norwood while she was living in Britain. For ideological spies it probably generated more good will than cash payments and is way less likely to raise red flags than a sudden bank deposit.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

bird food bathtub posted:

Mideast peace plan is out. If you take the propaganda seriously and don't just assume they're puking it up for a media distraction, it took them three years to come up with "Two states, four year hold on new settlements, everything in place is totes legal" and then some poo poo about "east Jerusalem" that I still haven't figured out.

The East Jerusalem thing seems to be:

- gently caress you undivided Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, forever and ever, period
- Current border walls in Jerusalem stay up, which leaves the outer suburbs of Kafr 'Aqab and Shu'afat under Palestinian control
- But Jerusalem must be 'undivided', so those Palestinian suburbs can't call themselves 'East Jerusalem' or whatever, come up with some other name like 'Al Quds' or some poo poo
- Palestine gets to be a junior member of the Jerusalem/Not-Jerusalem Tourism Board, with Israel getting to decide where to invest tourist revenue and the Palestinians negotiating for tour guide licenses in the Old City

But hey, if the Palestinians agree to all this they get to operate a resort (on Israeli land) on the Dead Sea! Art of the Deal!

quote:

Section Thirteen
DEAD SEA RESORT AREA
The State of Israel will allow the State of Palestine to develop a resort area in the North of the Dead Sea without prejudice to the State of Israel’s sovereignty at such location, including, without limitation, Israel’s sovereignty to the shoreline. The presence of the Palestinian resort area along the coast of the Dead Sea will not alter the distribution arrangements between the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the State of Israel for natural resources in the Dead Sea. The State of Israel and the State of Palestine will establish a road that will allow the Palestinians to travel from the State of Palestine to this resort area, subject to Israeli security considerations.

There's even stupid little poison pills like forbidding any involvement in the negotiations (let alone Palestinian government) of members of Hamas or PIJ, and the immediate cessation of Palestinian payments to family members of prisoners and martyrs. Just complete garbage front to back, even comparing it to a Native American Reservation is giving it too much credit.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It's like no one even bothered to google sovereignty.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

brains posted:

having flown that exact stretch of land along the border, this is what the "high tech manufacturing zone" looks like:

great location for a tech startup, imo

or at least some of the people who run them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"they get twice the land"

yeah rear end in a top hat let's sell your house and give you 20 acres outside scenic delamar nevada

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1222306680249163776?s=20

DOD covering up injuries, why I never!? Also disappointed in her not using proper trigraph

For 50 people to get TBI while they are in a bunker, would that take direct hits to cause or near misses or just poo poo bunkers or what?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

brains posted:

having flown that exact stretch of land along the border, this is what the "high tech manufacturing zone" looks like:

Tesla looking for another battery factory site?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DeDolph got promoted to Chief a few months after he murdered Sgt. Melger. Despite loving everyone knowing he'd done it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Man gently caress the SEALs

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

ded posted:

For 50 people to get TBI while they are in a bunker, would that take direct hits to cause or near misses or just poo poo bunkers or what?

It's relatively easy for 50 people to get an mTBI (mild traumatic brain injury aka "concussion") from an overpressure event. Missiles are quite a bit heavier payload than mortars or rocket strikes so the bunkers might not have been designed to handle them. Now if people were getting moderates from a blast, then you're looking at a near direct hit on a bunker.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/johnnemann/status/1222307183355817984?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He’s the wrong kind of Jew to them.

He’s over here.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m in south FL and didn’t feel it, but some buildings in Miami were evacuated after they started swaying.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article239725568.html

I live in coral gables and nothing happened but my friends on key biscayne or edgewater all got evacuated outta their condos.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

He’s the wrong kind of Jew to them.

He’s over here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

loving makes me sick

forget how rancid drybones was

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

loving makes me sick

forget how rancid drybones was

Did you see the excellent goon parody?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing has had some great finds, like that cyanide grenade brought back from the Pacific Theater.

They’ve also had some great fakes, like the big ol’ bomb in the server room.

This one I see as another good fake.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing has had some great finds, like that cyanide grenade brought back from the Pacific Theater.

They’ve also had some great fakes, like the big ol’ bomb in the server room.

This one I see as another good fake.

Oh yeah, that glass cyanide bomb was a real "Holy poo poo" one.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

quote:

Chief Petty Officer Adam C. Matthews, who was in Mali doing an assessment of the mission there, testified in August he felt it was his duty to haze Melgar—on DeDolph’s recommendation—to teach him a lesson after Melgar “ditched” the team in Mali’s capital city of Bamako on his way to a party at the French embassy. 

:chiefsay:

Flying_Crab posted:

Man gently caress the SEALs

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

Oh yeah, that glass cyanide bomb was a real "Holy poo poo" one.

Wait what

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Someone needs to watch A Few Good Men.

Repeatedly.

In a cell.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Someone needs to watch A Few Good Men.

Repeatedly.

In a cell.
He'd just take the wrong message away from it and probably beat off during Jessup's speech.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

brains posted:

welcome, neo, to the desert of the real

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Full of :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Short-circuited on live TV again. There's no way he's doing the debates.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1222335747992248322?s=19