Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so is India just not a popular spot for mainland Chinese travel or is something being missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

how much bleach should i be drinking

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheDon01 posted:

https://twitter.com/adndotcom/status/1222291272003735554?s=19

Fortunately im passing through this airport right now and looks like I'll miss it being here by a few hours.

Hope the scrub the place down well before I get back.

this dude fucks

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao the racist uk strikes again

quote:

Chinese partners of Britons in Wuhan won't be evacuated
Rebecca Ratcliffe Rebecca Ratcliffe
Our correspondent Rebecca Ratcliffe has spoken to British citizen Nick, who is a teacher in Wuhan and who is among up to 200 people waiting to be evacuated.

He called the Foreign and Commonwealth Office crisis line earlier this morning and was asked if he would be prepared to leave his wife behind, because she is Indonesian and doesn’t currently have a UK visa. They have two children, aged nine and 12, also in Wuhan.

“He said that she would probably not be able to get on the plane,” said Nick. “I feel like we are being hung out to dry”.

Other Britons who have Chinese partners fear their wives or husbands will also be unable to get on the plane.

It is not clear how many people will be given a seat on the flight, which is also likely to be carrying consulate staff. Some British people in Wuhan have been receiving calls and told that there will be a flight tomorrow, others are still waiting for news.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For whoever was asking about the new hospital in Wuhan, here's a link where you can watch it being built in real-time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxIjVOfqc4

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Agean90 posted:

so is India just not a popular spot for mainland Chinese travel or is something being missed

Theres probably underreporting because of the BJP and its p hot there and it seems to be a seasonal winter virus that doesnt like non-cold

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Siljmonster posted:

this dude fucks

omw to gently caress ur bitch

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im saving some room for tomorrows update

we're on a twice-daily register now, keep up!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im saving some room for tomorrows update

ill wait for both reports today before Officially Updating the Official Graph

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

why am i not getting coronavirus fast enough

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

triple sulk posted:

because you need faster internet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

Loling at the completely predictable lack of panicked R5+ geometric growth curves today

Lol at this guy not knowing how time zones work or when China reports stuff. Just great timing on that post, had a good chortle.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Victory Position posted:

don't give us this potato quality image poo poo. I want this image to destroy the forums as the last humans choke on their own lung excretions

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tomorrow afternoon it's going to be like 2 AM in China and a dude is going to wander into here and suggest that it's fizzled out because of the lack of updates

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Victory Position posted:

The Virgin SARs vs the Chad Wuhan Coronavirus

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

triple sulk posted:

this 14 day incubation period is supposed to be scary or something but it turns out waiting two weeks to begin dying is actually boring as hell

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

this lag sucks, someone check c0ronavirus's ping

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/ChhxOB2.mp4

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

don't give us this potato quality image poo poo. I want this image to destroy the forums as the last humans choke on their own lung excretions

where we're going, we'll be one with the stars and the void surrounding them

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

gently caress CLAMSHELL PACKAGING!!!! I just paid $500 bucks to get a genuine needle of fish lung slime from Wuhan, and how do they seal it? loving clamshell. Five minutes later trying to get it open and what I'm left with is a broken needle, cut up hands, and fish mucus on the floor. Gonna go on Amazon and demand a refund for this bullshit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

For whoever was asking about the new hospital in Wuhan, here's a link where you can watch it being built in real-time:

i sent my dad this because of him complaining a million times when i was a kid that every road crew had three people standing around watching the one person working. china does that and can still build a hospital every few days

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

now this is infrastructure week

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

🤤🤤🤤

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheDon01 posted:

https://twitter.com/adndotcom/status/1222291272003735554?s=19

Fortunately im passing through this airport right now and looks like I'll miss it being here by a few hours.

Hope the scrub the place down well before I get back.

flying in from the bush in two days and wondering ... maybe I shouldn’t???

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SARS took months and months to hit 8000 infected cases. Wuhan Virus is gonna hit 8000 by the weekend.

SARS had a kill count of about 750. Wuhan Virus has 140~ deaths already, and a lot of the people who were infected are still sick and haven't recovered yet.

The SARS outbreak took up months of media time. Wuhan Virus has had the attention of the West for like a week and a half tops. We have a long loving way to go, friends and foes.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

TeenageArchipelago posted:

gently caress CLAMSHELL PACKAGING!!!! I just paid $500 bucks to get a genuine needle of fish lung slime from Wuhan, and how do they seal it? loving clamshell. Five minutes later trying to get it open and what I'm left with is a broken needle, cut up hands, and fish mucus on the floor. Gonna go on Amazon and demand a refund for this bullshit

FISH FLU
        /
:backtowork: :nutshot:

The symptoms are nowhere near the level of justifying a reaction like finding a zombie bitemark, but as long as we have such a violent emoji we might as well use it

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have filled up my tub with hand sanitizer and plan to live here for a week.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Third World Reagan posted:

I have filled up my tub with hand sanitizer and plan to live here for a week.

didn’t someone die from that during SARS

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/coronavirus-outbreak-thai-woman-dies-corona-like-symptoms-in-bengal-hospital-1640781-2020-01-28

its happening?

quote:

32-year-old Thailand national, suspected to be suffering from Coronavirus, died in a private hospital in Kolkata on Monday.

Hospital sources said that the woman was admitted to the hospital at 11 pm on January 21 and transferred to the ICU with stomach problem, nausea and fever.

She left Thailand in late November and also visited Nepal before coming to India.

"From January 18 she started having stomach problem, nausea and fever. As her condition deteriorated, she came to the hospital emergency 11 pm on January 21 and was admitted to the ICU," said sources.

The Thai consulate general here has been informed.

The West Bengal health department officials have sought all test reports of the deceased.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 29, 2020

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazak_Hstan posted:

flying in from the bush in two days and wondering ... maybe I shouldn’t???

If you can at all afford to change your plans, you should absolutely avoid setting foot in an international airport right now.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

She had symptoms for three days before she went to the hospital

e: someone post the Ron Paul gif

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SKULL.GIF posted:

SARS took months and months to hit 8000 infected cases. Wuhan Virus is gonna hit 8000 by the weekend.

SARS had a kill count of about 750. Wuhan Virus has 140~ deaths already, and a lot of the people who were infected are still sick and haven't recovered yet.

The SARS outbreak took up months of media time. Wuhan Virus has had the attention of the West for like a week and a half tops. We have a long loving way to go, friends and foes.

At the current rate it'll hit 8000+ tomorrow, assuming it hasn't completely overwhelmed their capacity to confirm cases.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

wait, so she wasn’t in China at all? am i reading that right?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TeenageArchipelago posted:

She had symptoms for three days before she went to the hospital

e: someone post the Ron Paul gif

Dunno, if I had the flu and didn't go to Wuhan I'd probably wait it out until it got worse.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haha I got a runny nose

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Dunno, if I had the flu and didn't go to Wuhan I'd probably wait it out until it got worse.

I mean if I knew I had fish flu I don't know if I'd go: I can't loving afford a 2 week hospital stay. Plus, this was the 21st, well before it became an international freak out thing.

I was more referring to how she had symptoms for three days, which means it's happening

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Feel like some people in here are not so subtly lusting for mass Indian death.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Prince Myshkin posted:

lusting for masses of Indian food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Prince Myshkin posted:

yes but world death, mainly the rich

what I am saying is go cough on rich people