Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

FogHelmut posted:

Also, the Kirkland grass fed burgers are worth the $0.02 premium per ounce.

Not sure if the price differential is that small, but yeah, they are much tastier than the cheaper patties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It was definitely something like $0.22 per ounce for the regular burgers and $0.24 per ounce for the grass fed. 6 lbs of regular for $21.xx, 5 lbs of grass fed for $19.xx

I don't know the official blend, but the grass fed did taste like it has a higher fat content, which is probably how they get away with the price, but also it's more delicious.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Caramel shake is decent enough. I like chocolate more but I am satisfied with my purchase.

They had chipotle black bean burgers too so I snagged a couple boxes. The formula changes like every month but they make for good work lunches. Add salsa and cheese.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

They had chipotle black bean burgers too so I snagged a couple boxes. The formula changes like every month but they make for good work lunches. Add salsa and cheese.

Crumble them up in a skillet, and crisp them up a tiny bit before cracking a couple of eggs and adding some diced scallions + Mexican cheese blend. Makes for a delicious and slightly healthier breakfast than using sausage or bacon in the eggs.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

FogHelmut posted:

It was definitely something like $0.22 per ounce for the regular burgers and $0.24 per ounce for the grass fed. 6 lbs of regular for $21.xx, 5 lbs of grass fed for $19.xx

I don't know the official blend, but the grass fed did taste like it has a higher fat content, which is probably how they get away with the price, but also it's more delicious.

Huh, you are right about the price.

Are you comparing the 1/3 pound grass-fed patties to the 1/3 pound ground chuck patties? The ground chuck patties had bits of gristle in them, and weren't that great. I agree the grass-fed frozen patties are way better. My Costco used to have 1/4 pound patties which were 75% protein/25% fat, and were both pretty good and pretty cheap, but they don't sell them anymore.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

binge crotching posted:

Crumble them up in a skillet, and crisp them up a tiny bit before cracking a couple of eggs and adding some diced scallions + Mexican cheese blend. Makes for a delicious and slightly healthier breakfast than using sausage or bacon in the eggs.

Seconding this.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mustached Demon posted:

Is this a Kirkland brand thing? Are they salt bombs? :ohdear:

Doesn’t CostCo have some kind of zucchini-based “burger” too? I think I tasted one at a party and it was pretty decent.

As long as these things aren’t loaded with salt (kind of nullifies the health benefit in my book) I’m interested in trying more of them.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The Kirkland brand of those Sargento Snack Packs (where they have little squares of cheddar and like raisins or dried cranberries and nuts) are proest of the pro-tier snacks.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

david_a posted:

Doesn’t CostCo have some kind of zucchini-based “burger” too? I think I tasted one at a party and it was pretty decent.

As long as these things aren’t loaded with salt (kind of nullifies the health benefit in my book) I’m interested in trying more of them.

If they're the ones I'm thinking of them no, not Kirkland brand, not salt bombs as far as I remember but I'll check the nutrition info when I get home

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

silence_kit posted:

Huh, you are right about the price.

Are you comparing the 1/3 pound grass-fed patties to the 1/3 pound ground chuck patties? The ground chuck patties had bits of gristle in them, and weren't that great. I agree the grass-fed frozen patties are way better. My Costco used to have 1/4 pound patties which were 75% protein/25% fat, and were both pretty good and pretty cheap, but they don't sell them anymore.

I think there was 1/4 lb sirloin or generic, 1/3 lb chuck, and 1/3 lb grass fed. I had the chuck before and the 1/4 lb whatevers and didn't notice much of a difference. The grass fed is above and beyond even if its from mystery cuts of generic ground beef.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
First time visit to Costco, finally signed up since I don't plan to renew my Sam's Club membership. Over the last year what's been on offer has gotten worse and I've been really disappointed by some of the things I've tried, like their chicken sausage variety pack and their Lobster Bisque soup.

So, sorry to let everyone know but I don't find the hot dog all that good. Even for $1.50 with the drink its just too salty for me. I've seen it posted in the thread to use saurkraut on it but all they had were chopped raw onions. The slice is good, more cheese then I expected, still $2 vs. Sams Club $1.50 w/drink,

I found the Bitchin' Sauce or what I assume is the sauce since the cardboard box said "It's Bitchin" on the sides. There were 2 3 packs(7 0z), the one I bought, spinach artichoke, green onion, and chiptole red pepper, and a dessert 3 pack that was caramel, chocolate something, and a third. I tried the sauce with the bacon cheddar crisps, I'd say its like eating creamy hummus, the flavor wasn't too intense so I'd probably stick to spicy varieties if possible. Really makes me curious about the dessert sauce.

Sam's Club had a seasonal Strawberries and Cream Lindt Truffle I planned to buy more of but that Matcha blows it out of the water and I'm seriously debated buying 10 bags and freezing them to last out the year.

I went ahead and got the Premier Protein Vanilla; seems like the best flavor. Price was $27 for the case, which is a little expensive but typical for protein drinks/bar/meals, I'll probably wait until its on sale. I expect to make that my out the door no time for breakfast meal and cut back on eating too much at lunch. If anything sold me on Costco its the Nissin Raoh ramen. It's ~$15 for the 8 pack and cooking it with no frills or add ins it tastes better then many ramen restaurants I've been to.

Strangely enough, I saw few protein bars. Just the Kirkland brand, Premier, and Quest.

Overall I saw a lot more ~fancy~ stuff at Costco with a bit more variety for packaged goods. Larger selections of dried pastas, better options for bread(way better options) and a lot more brand specific stuff from higher end vendors. Better selections and options in the meat department, a massive tray of seasoned chicken drumsticks looked great but I already had food prepped out for the week. The amount of veggie/vegan alternatives was also impressive. The Beyond Burger packs looked good although I think the price isn't as cheap as it seems since the patties are significantly smaller then what are sold in the grocery stores.

Sad note: Tuesday morning, 10am, I didn't see any free samples being handed out.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

FogHelmut posted:

Burgers are supposed to be made with a high fat percentage meat, otherwise grilling turns them into coasters.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Some costcos you have to ask for the sauerkraut at the counter. I'd check next time.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That ramen is pretty great but its sooooo rich. I usually cut back on the flavor packets

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

david_a posted:

They're Morningstar brand. Each one has 700mg of sodium according to the googles.

Like all prepared food, it's probably too much salt for someone who needs to monitor their salt.

Hairy Nude
Aug 14, 2006
More gangsta, less angsta.
I never got a Costco circular in the mail this month. Is there anywhere online that I can see what’s on sale in the warehouse this month?

Edit: hasn’t come out yet and new items don’t go on sale until Feb. 5 apparently.

Hairy Nude fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 29, 2020

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Hairy Nude posted:

I never got a Costco circular in the mail this month. Is there anywhere online that I can see what’s on sale in the warehouse this month?

Edit: hasn’t come out yet and new items don’t go on sale until Feb. 5 apparently.

I just got mine yesterday.

I think you can view the new circular in the Costco app, but I'm old and not sure how :corsair:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hairy Nude posted:

Here's the PDF
https://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8847173&d=1580132916

There's like a week gap between the circulars so there's nothing specific on sale yet.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mustached Demon posted:

They're Morningstar brand. Each one has 700mg of sodium according to the googles.

Like all prepared food, it's probably too much salt for someone who needs to monitor their salt.

Ugh yeah, that’s too much once you add in condiments. My go-to veggie burger (Amy’s reduced sodium California) has 270mg and I don’t think the flavor is lacking in salt once you dress it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

First time visit to Costco, finally signed up since I don't plan to renew my Sam's Club membership.

:bisonyes:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The Jimmy Dean croissant frozen breakfast sandwiches are surprisingly good. You’re obviously not getting an artesian croissant but for a cheap frozen microwave sandwich it’s good.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/deceasedbaron/status/1222539613169950721

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
No Bitchin Sauce at my Coscto but they did have a tub of hummus that has 3 flavors in it. It is pretty good. I probably ate too much of it and knocked myself out of Ketosis but oh well it was tasty.

I ate it with Celery (not that great because Celery sucks), Mini-Bell Peppers (these are good) and Whisps (this is the best way!).

I also forgot the one thing I went there for, Avacado Oil Spray...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

I also forgot the one thing I went there for, Avacado Oil Spray...

I got this. Its good!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Chinatown posted:

I got this. Its good!

I use it all the time since it is better for Keto than PAM or anything else really.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

If anyone in THE SOUTH can take a picture of the frozen sausage patty box that Costco sells and post it ITT that'd be awesome. I'm not seeing it up in the PNW all they have are the sausage+biscuit boxes and I just want a box of like 30 frozen sausage patties so I'm hoping to make a request. The box I remember is a red and white box but I'll take what you (the thread) can find.

edit: it's not Jimmy Dean or another nationally known brand IIRC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

tangy yet delightful posted:

If anyone in THE SOUTH can take a picture of the frozen sausage patty box that Costco sells and post it ITT that'd be awesome. I'm not seeing it up in the PNW all they have are the sausage+biscuit boxes and I just want a box of like 30 frozen sausage patties so I'm hoping to make a request. The box I remember is a red and white box but I'll take what you (the thread) can find.

I’m in atlanta(pretend south) and will check Friday unless someone comes through sooner

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Dollar fifty dog is really hitting my spot

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

Loaded Costco on Instacart for Birmingham, AL and found this:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m in atlanta(pretend south) and will check Friday unless someone comes through sooner

Fashionably Great posted:

You are both legends (does it make me an old that I didn't think of instacart?).

edit: to be clear, this is the exact one I was thinking of

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Fashionably Great posted:

I love moronic tag lines like that. “The good sausage? I dunno, I think I want the mediocre one this time”

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anybody else have a Comfy? Its like a snuggie, but made out of sherpa blanket and has a hood. My brother got me one, its not bad

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anybody else have a Comfy? Its like a snuggie, but made out of sherpa blanket and has a hood. My brother got me one, its not bad

I've bought the two-pack of them twice now as gifts for other people. They were well received as far as I know.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

bitchin' sauce section lookin' sad over here :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

AF posted:

At my store the Bitchin Sauce is between the cheese and salami and the artichoke dips.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The cilantro lime crema is quite good on tacos and salads

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

AF posted:

Well did ya buy any?

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

AF posted:

Hi! Excuse me! French Cheese Bites????
Have you had them? What are they?
Please tell me it's something to tide me over until the seasonal cheesy pull apart bread comes back.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

topenga posted:

Hi! Excuse me! French Cheese Bites????
Have you had them? What are they?
Please tell me it's something to tide me over until the seasonal cheesy pull apart bread comes back.

Did a little bit of digging, I feel like I could eat an entire box. They look better than the pull apart bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Moey posted:

Did a little bit of digging, I feel like I could eat an entire box. They look better than the pull apart bread.

:mad:

Goddamnit. Now I need to ask BORAT VOICE MY WIFE to get some of those, which means I need to clear space in our fukkin fridge (apartment lyfe means no second fridge/chest freezer :sigh:).