Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Why is it whenever I go up against a Fiora in expedition, they always have her on turn 3 and the rest of their hand is literally nothing but barriers and buffs for her?
because when you pick fiora every bucket you get is stuffed with ripostes.

I'm also like 40% convinced the expedition shuffler is fixed to give you your hero cards. It's so consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
My wife and I somehow ended up on different servers. Is the only way to play vs each other seriously to create a new account? They won't let you change server regions?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Cicero posted:

My wife and I somehow ended up on different servers. Is the only way to play vs each other seriously to create a new account? They won't let you change server regions?

You can change regions & shards by doing a support ticket. Changing region doesn't reset your account, but if you're on different shards then one of you will need to start over.

You can see what region/shard you're on in the account options.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Tornhelm posted:

You can change regions & shards by doing a support ticket. Changing region doesn't reset your account, but if you're on different shards then one of you will need to start over.

You can see what region/shard you're on in the account options.
Okay, thanks! Submitted a ticket.

Still blows my mind that their server architecture is set up this way for a brand new game. It's annoying switching regions in SC2, but at least there losing your progress doesn't affect the gameplay. Having to ditch all your stuff in a card game to play with a friend, is just...why?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

So Braum doesn't get damage stacks if you give him a barrier. Makes sense, but I wanted to test it anyway.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Apparently in order to get support for Legends of Runeterra, I have to log into the LoL client. :confused: We've never even played LoL on this account before (and I'll have to install it).

This is feeling increasingly bizarre.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Eraflure posted:

So Braum doesn't get damage stacks if you give him a barrier. Makes sense, but I wanted to test it anyway.

Do note that "if I survive damage" followers do get the bonus with barrier.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cicero posted:

Okay, thanks! Submitted a ticket.

Still blows my mind that their server architecture is set up this way for a brand new game. It's annoying switching regions in SC2, but at least there losing your progress doesn't affect the gameplay. Having to ditch all your stuff in a card game to play with a friend, is just...why?
I could never play Hearthstone with my friends because I was Europe and they were NA, and launching the game with NA selected started me over. It's outdated but not unprecedented, and I expect it's using the same infrastructure as League, which is setup on the same system.

Cicero posted:

Apparently in order to get support for Legends of Runeterra, I have to log into the LoL client. :confused: We've never even played LoL on this account before (and I'll have to install it).

This is feeling increasingly bizarre.
You don't, there's a dedicated page for LoR support tickets on the Riot Support site.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

njsykora posted:

You don't, there's a dedicated page for LoR support tickets on the Riot Support site.
I know, that's the page I was on, which is part of why I was so confused. Nevertheless, that's what they asked for.

edit: and yeah it's bullshit for Hearthstone too. I'm just surprised that, several years later this kind of behavior is still there in a new game. If it was just having to switch regions at the login page, that'd be annoying but not a huge deal. But losing your progress still? I would've thought we'd be beyond that at this point. I get having different regions for matches because of latency, but that doesn't explain losing the stuff associated with the account.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 28, 2020

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it's really dumb because I had to install and run LoL just so they could help me with my runeterra account

it's like 100% because of the really inept handling of how they chose to roll out the riot account system

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

For some reason I am unable to finish the prologue rewards. I'm stuck at 90% just before the final Champion Bundle, and after every game it says I've unlocked a reward but there's nothing in the rewards tab for me to open. Am I missing something?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

d0grent posted:

For some reason I am unable to finish the prologue rewards. I'm stuck at 90% just before the final Champion Bundle, and after every game it says I've unlocked a reward but there's nothing in the rewards tab for me to open. Am I missing something?

Try restarting the game if you haven't already. The game is super bad at tracking account state atm and regularly tells me I have no wildcards/exp/etc. until I restart.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Is the Heimerdinger emote the official galaxy brain emote?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm using it as my "that was stupid" emote so yeah.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Phoix posted:

Try restarting the game if you haven't already. The game is super bad at tracking account state atm and regularly tells me I have no wildcards/exp/etc. until I restart.

Oh huh apparently the wildcards aren't a visual bug and I just didn't get any of the wildcards that my weekly chest was supposed to give me. :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I waste so much mana just to kill braum when I dont even really have to because I find him so incredibly irritating. Using a back to back to kill braum and do not much else is not a wise play but I will gladly do it every time. God I hate braum.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

No Wave posted:

I waste so much mana just to kill braum when I dont even really have to because I find him so incredibly irritating. Using a back to back to kill braum and do not much else is not a wise play but I will gladly do it every time. God I hate braum.

Personally huge spinning axe animation guy makes me the most tilted so far.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

They probably need to tone down Draven's animation spam it's a little obnoxious. His voice lines are very good though.

I saw more P/Z get played today! Including an excellent Jinx/Draven combo that had a hilarious finish where I died exactly to a double 3-to-anything on my nexus plus a super-mega-death rocket. I couldn't even be mad at that one, it was too good.

Been seeing a lot more variations of the Elusive deck, the Noxus variant was pretty interesting, using direct nexus damage and kill-under-three-power spells to disrupt my early rushdown. Also saw that mono-Demacia again and won again. Started to lose several in a row due to people just spamming Challengers into everything so I copied someone who beat me using the barrier+lifesteal burst spell to counter-counter the challengers, then started winning again.

It's fun to watch the meta develop itself and swap things up as you figure out what's being played! I was not good enough at card games to do this when Hearthstone launched (and honestly I don't like Blizzard's Warcraft IP so it's something I couldn't get into long term.)

e: Oh I wanted to add that I think you guys are right that Shadow Isles decks are cheap to build and that's probably why we're seeing so many. The bottleneck right now is definitely champion cards, I wanted to try a Yasuo deck but I've only got one Yasuo and I'm a little scared to spend my only champion cards on the other two copies.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 29, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I opened two braums so I'm just jamming control. None of my games have felt unwinnable

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Phoix posted:

apparently I just had to play a human opponent, it wouldn't unlock for AI

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Is it fine to start PVP with the starter decks or should I start netdecking already. I'm having a bit of decision paralysis :)

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Does anyone have a good fiora/shen deck? I'm up to 2 shens and a fiora from random draws, might as well try it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Is it fine to start PVP with the starter decks or should I start netdecking already. I'm having a bit of decision paralysis :)

I won a few ranked games with a starter deck before building my own Braum/Jinz deck. You can totally win with those.

Also remember you dont lose ranked standing for losses until I think you start getting into the higher tiers (I think Platinum or Diamond) so don't worry about just playing ranked.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Tezzeract posted:

Start with the starter decks to get a feel for the game and to see what decks others are playing. Once you have a feeling for what others are playing you can start to netdeck decks that will be good against those decks. Or build them yourself of course.

My first real successful deck I porpursely built only to be able to beat dawn spiders, a Demacia / Noxus challengers and kill spells deck.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I opened two braums so I'm just jamming control. None of my games have felt unwinnable

what’s your list look like

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

This was a constructed-tier expedition run, Von Yipp had some game-ending value since every spider is a 1 cost unit.

Sadly only went 6 wins and lost to an absurd katarina noxus rushdown while all my low cost cards were at the bottom of the deck and heimer didn't really come into play in the final game I got him.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 29, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

No Wave posted:

I tricked someone into blocking a 5 power minion with a leveled Braum, placing that Braum into position for the Avalanche I'd been holding on to.

I lost that game, but felt I won a moral victory.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Draven having an absurdly obnoxious over the top animation is part of the point, he’s a giant showboating rear end in a top hat.

Also to the person complaining about elusive and specifically the Kinkou Lifeblade please notice that by default it has 2/3 stats for a 4 mana creature that dies to roughly 5 different 3 mana spells on the turn it comes down. If you’re against an elusive deck and don’t have elusive yourself you need to be saving your other answers and ready to race damage.

Also when the full power Fiora/Shen Decks are complete they’re gonna eat Elusive decks alive.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Okay having actually once more gotten the deck basically started

Any chance of an import link? I got seriously burnt out after the first 2 days, but reading about the evolving tech of Jinx/Draven is making me kind of interested in picking it back up.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I hate "The Undying" so much.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I played a deck based around Undying in the closed beta so I understand your pain.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just won an expedition game versus someone that had a leveled up Yasuo, 3 of the stun Minotaurs (though only 2 played), and the follower that transforms into another follower.
I had to throw away the 2/3 Elusive Bird and a Teemo so I could deal 6 damage at the start of my turn :shepicide:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Imagined posted:

Personally huge spinning axe animation guy makes me the most tilted so far.

people spamming maths fox at me when they have 100% have lethal is what does it for me

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Lost two expeditions at 6 wins, both to on-curve Noxus aggression vs my anti-aggro decks that mulliganed into my handful of the 5+ mana cards at the start and wouldn't let me play anything until I was single digit health, had both vengeance cards in my mulligan.

Feels bad.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also when the full power Fiora/Shen Decks are complete they’re gonna eat Elusive decks alive.

Eh, I think a more general challenger shell will be better for consistency

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

a fatguy baldspot posted:

what’s your list look like

https://lor.mobalytics.gg/en_us/decks/boied6dp0i9p574dcg2g

Mines off this by a little but it's virtually the same deck. Honestly, I didn't think of withering wail and I run another rasa and bjerg

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Did a 7 win expedition run with my 3 garens and Trynd.

Helped me out in situations like these

Thought I was hosed at the last matchup since I had to go against Zed and Hekarim deck but managed to go aggressive hard enough in the beginning to win.

Thanks ancient yeti, putting you out at turn 4 is so disgusting.

2nd trial did a more experimental deck and ended at 2 wins.

Overall seems like picking Demacian units is the best

Svensken
May 29, 2010

:thunk:

he's a yordle, think gnomes with fur

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Iona/Demacia has carried me every expedition i've done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Little tip: if you check the play history screen you can see what cards someone just discarded.