Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I... uh... okay.

What set of circumstances leads to this scenario?
What places make such things?
And how do you spend £350 on something (which I am assuming is a custom commission, although I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse) without getting a preview/updates before paying?

Enquiring minds kinda want to know but are also unsure if they should.

Also am I the only one who thought it looked more like Des Lynam?

e: 133 is the phone number you should call if you're in Austria or Chile and someone tries to commission you to make a Postman Pat love doll.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Do you have an account that collates the horny tweets so that I may peruse also?

tbh they nearly always link to their art also being on pixiv so go straight to the source imo

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

That Glinner puppet is freaking me out.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Miftan posted:

That Glinner puppet is freaking me out.

Ted Glenner

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

Now I'm imagining a 5m tall French lady.

But how big would her feet be

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Around 80cm from heel to toenail.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Tesseraction posted:

Bold of you to assume a wife's in the picture.

Although I suppose late-onset trainbrain could cause such a scenario.

A guy I work with has got it bad but he has an arrangement with his wife that as long as the trains are capable of delivering G&T or Coffees to any room they run to then it's okay.

They are as a result everywhere and you can actually see the train lines in his backyard on google earth.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pistol_Pete posted:

But how big would her feet be

"Gigantic!"

---

Guavanaut posted:

I... uh... okay.

What set of circumstances leads to this scenario?

It looks like something from that Russian dude who got arrested for creating "dolls" from corpses he exhumed. Maybe he's running an etsy from inside prison?

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 29, 2020

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Saros posted:

A guy I work with has got it bad but he has an arrangement with his wife that as long as the trains are capable of delivering G&T or Coffees to any room they run to then it's okay.

They are as a result everywhere and you can actually see the train lines in his backyard on google earth.

That's a powerful trainbrain.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do the G and Ts arrive in glasses or in tanker carriages?

Does the locomotive boil water for the coffee and propulsion?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Does the locomotive boil water for the coffee and propulsion?

I hope so, with the coffee in a coal truck

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
And swizzle sticks on one of those train carriages that carries logs

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Quality Street in an XP van

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1222399567947272193

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
I spent a few years volunteering at a toy museum with a big model train focus and there's a deep eirdness to Train Children where it isn't like... Something a dad forced on them but something they developed on their own and their baffled family goes along with. They all speak like little old men, presumably because those are their peers in the scene?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Did they compulsory purchase the land that had presumably been sold when the line closed?
I think some people (who should know better with their Oxbridge PPE degrees) think all you have to do is lay down a few tracks like a giant railway set, chuck up a few signals and divert a few 2-car trains up there.

They did, I worked on the mapping project for the system working out ownership for all the land in question for 6 months before the project was announced to avoid ransom strips etc. Some guy had literally just finished a brand new house on the path of the line. :killdozer:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

The Libearian posted:

They all speak like little old men, presumably because those are their peers in the scene?

Haha, I was buttonholed by a small child on a platform years ago who was really into trains and I remember being struck by how there was something oddly elderly about his speech patterns. Your post just bought it back to me.

Judoon Platoon
Nov 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/mynnoj/status/1222518965060145153?s=21

:rms:

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

The BBC reaping the rewards for being Boris' stooges. You just love to see it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sadly I doubt it's gonna be any of the fuckers who really deserve the wall, probably the underlings.

Though I'm not sure I've seen a journalist I liked other than maybe that guy who did the kid on floor in hospital story.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Could be worse, could be money-coutts writing it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Is Cat Rutter a name or a job title?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I’m near three grand deep in an overdraft every time it rolls to the week before payday so I can’t wait for the bank to absolutely gently caress me rotten, thanks! Very cool!

Yikes.

Might be worth looking into an interest-free bank transfer card or something similar (maybe even a loan from a good friend or family member if anyone's got that kind of scratch kicking about) to dig yourself out of that hole, overdraft fees are some bullshit and make it so much harder to get debt free.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

How do they think I'm going to get out of my overdraft? It's either going to be with a credit card or a loan

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

How do they think I'm going to get out of my overdraft? It's either going to be with a credit card or a loan

Bold of you to assume they're thinking about that at all.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
People that go into overdraft are just having a laugh and have a secret serious account full of money

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My bank apparently doesn't let you just... not have an overdraft. It's like renting you a house on the condition it comes with a live electrical wire dangling in the middle of the front room.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I knew this poo poo would happen when they said that banks would have to charge the same rates for authorized and unauthorized overdrafts.

Making a law and assuming that the banks won't be the biggest pricks about it possible.

sebzilla posted:

Is Cat Rutter a name or a job title?
It's like "For now we see through a glass, darkly"

For now we see a cat rutter, pooley.

e: ^^^ Ah, I see you also had one of these:

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 29, 2020

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I've been consistently £100 deep in mine for the last year, I keep almost getting out and then a surprise expenditure pops up. Time to go back to eating instant noodles for a few months I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does my nut in how cavalier some people are about debt, like my parents keep saying "oh get a credit card just borrow to pay for stuff it's the adult way to do things"

Like motherfucker you guys are loaded if I go into debt I'm loving dead.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bloody homocommunist Corbyn :argh:

https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking/status/1222510740973727745

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Edit : I am Bobo the clown

The Libearian fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 29, 2020

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007

The Libearian posted:

I rememeber one boy who was like ten going between talking about how he's "insistent on getting good value for his money, real bang for your buck" to "butttt mummy I need two trains or he'll get lonely!!". It was really loving bizarre seeing the switch between like learned language and more natural kid stuff?

Edit: also working in a place selling vintage model train stuff is a great route for radicalization. Seeing someone spend two months rent for you on a metal petrol station smaller than a shoe inspires a real sense of inequality

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
When I were a lass until about 20 years ago from parents, professors etc, received wisdom was that you should run up the biggest possible overdraft 'because other than a mortgage it's the cheapest debt you can have'. I knew it was outdated 1960s bollox but noone listens.

I remember trying to convince a friend who had a £200 overdraft every month that she wasn't overspending by £200 per month (and so hopeless to even think of anything but trying to get another job even though she liked the one she had) but had in fact a single £200 debt that was carrying over so that's what she had to whittle down not £2400 per year!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How do you get to be a functioning adult and not understand how numbers work... :psyduck:

Did she think the bank just reset her account to zero every month if she went into overdraft or something?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

How do you get to be a functioning adult and not understand how numbers work... :psyduck:

Did she think the bank just reset her account to zero every month if she went into overdraft or something?

Join the conservative party?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miftan posted:

Join the conservative party?

I dispute that conservatives are functioning adults and not manbabs that fall dick first into places they shouldn't be.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

I dispute that conservatives are functioning adults and not manbabs that fall dick first into places they shouldn't be.

Like children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I set em up you knock em down.