Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1221939031023460352
This article introduced me to Amazon's Camperforce© which is a thing that should not exist.

There's an excellent book about CamperForce called Nomadland, which is more Capitalist Realism grimdark than even Mark Fisher managed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm guessing this is a seat configuration option for if you buy all 4 seats? For example China airlines had a thing at one point where if you bought 3 seats in a row in economy they could be made into a bed.

Fun fact, China Airlines are just licensing that off Air NZ who actually built that system.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Oh, well, I've never been on air new zealand, just saw it on China Airlines once and was confused. Looks like they got rid of it though.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah air new zealand likes to call it their "skycouch"; my wife and I had it on our last flight but unfortunately couldn't take advantage of it because a 3rd person turned up in our row

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lancemantis posted:

yeah air new zealand likes to call it their "skycouch"; my wife and I had it on our last flight but unfortunately couldn't take advantage of it because a 3rd person turned up in our row

sorry you couldn't nail your wife on a skycouch

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1221939031023460352
This article introduced me to Amazon's Camperforce© which is a thing that should not exist.

I started to google what it was and saw this and got nauseous and didn't click any farther:

Oh man you don't know about CamperForce? Yeah it's bleak, the part that stood out to me the most was how sometimes the old people would just drive out into the desert to die :smith:

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's an excellent book about CamperForce called Nomadland, which is more Capitalist Realism grimdark than even Mark Fisher managed

The book is literally what the quoted tweet is trying to sell you :v:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Failed Imagineer posted:

sorry you couldn't nail your wife on a skycouch

they allow "spooning" but not "forking" :haw:

im not kidding

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I like to imagine a world in which every person who mentions their spouse online are all in one world spanning poly marriage, as well as the person who makes a joke of loving the spouse.

In conclusion, I forked your wife.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

The book is literally what the quoted tweet is trying to sell you :v:

I read good

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
pull request denied

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

real talk, I've been advocating for this for YEARS.

loving hate tucking in the back of my shirt all day cause I keep bending and standing.

polo-onsie for life

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

real talk, I've been advocating for this for YEARS.

loving hate tucking in the back of my shirt all day cause I keep bending and standing.

polo-onsie for life

what you want are called "shirt stays"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the real pro move is to be a fat slob and stop caring about your appearance beyond what actually makes you, yourself, happy.

I wasn't born wearing pajama pants, a sports bra, and an oversized t-shirt, but I play to die in them

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

T-man posted:

the real pro move is to be a fat slob and stop caring about your appearance beyond what actually makes you, yourself, happy.

I wasn't born wearing pajama pants, a sports bra, and an oversized t-shirt, but I play to die in them

I miss my job where I could wear tshirt and shorts every day.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Does that thing button closed, because I really don't want buttons rubbing on my balls all day.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

A polo shirt crossed with a leotard?

A poleotard?

Oh we can't call it that...

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

bike tory posted:

what you want are called "shirt stays"

Yah, i did my nickel, i know about shirt stays.

They suck. Give us the onsie

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Or just proper layering of clothing

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i wish i had the outgoingness to just become a nudist, can't critique my clothing choices if I'm just wearing a cargo pocket bandoleer and shoes. The birthday suit is gender neutral.
Nudism is the ultimate "gently caress you" to nature's demand that we put on out own pelts, and I hope to one day set up a space nudism camp. Since, y'know, a t-shirt isn't going to do anything if the vacuum seals fail, and if it's not precisely 70 degrees in your 100% artificial environment you've got much, much bigger problems than cold nips.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm going to get one of these, cut the buttons off of it, and wear it to jiu jitsu

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Surely the free market will save us now that we've rid it of the burden of net neutrality!

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1222233387953532929

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Shame Boy posted:

Oh man you don't know about CamperForce? Yeah it's bleak, the part that stood out to me the most was how sometimes the old people would just drive out into the desert to die :smith:

lol that owns, gently caress boomers

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bike tory posted:

Silicon valley dudes thinking they've invented something very commonplace is my favourite thing. Like those guys who thought they'd invented the cabin, and had called it like the "holiday micro home 2.0" or some poo poo

what does this have to do with Silicon Valley? the company is in Denmark, it has nothing to do with computers, and they say very explicitly that it’s like a hybrid handkerchief/tissue pack

why is this worse than someone making a new fountain pen or Reebok releasing a new shoe design, or any other product iteration?

this seems so utterly harmless and clear about what it is that I don’t really understand the shade being thrown

Subjunctive has issued a correction as of 12:56 on Jan 29, 2020

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Hell yeah

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Subjunctive posted:

what does this have to do with Silicon Valley? the company is in Denmark, it has nothing to do with computers, and they say very explicitly that it’s like a hybrid handkerchief/tissue pack

why is this worse than someone making a new fountain pen or Reebok releasing a new shoe design, or any other product iteration?

this seems so utterly harmless and clear about what it is that I don’t really understand the shade being thrown

This might not be the best forum for you, have you considered asking D&D's thoughts? Might be more your speed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

T-man posted:

This might not be the best forum for you, have you considered asking D&D's thoughts? Might be more your speed.

mmhmm

(the real answer is “don’t both while sick”, but I still think “they reinvented the handkerchief” as a slam on something that says “like a handkerchief” is silly)

Subjunctive has issued a correction as of 14:46 on Jan 29, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
brb disrupting the booger industry

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Failed Imagineer posted:

there’s a short (16 min) film based on it too, which I haven’t been able to bring myself to watch

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

T-man posted:

i wish i had the outgoingness to just become a nudist, can't critique my clothing choices if I'm just wearing a cargo pocket bandoleer and shoes. The birthday suit is gender neutral.
Nudism is the ultimate "gently caress you" to nature's demand that we put on out own pelts, and I hope to one day set up a space nudism camp. Since, y'know, a t-shirt isn't going to do anything if the vacuum seals fail, and if it's not precisely 70 degrees in your 100% artificial environment you've got much, much bigger problems than cold nips.

T-man posted:

reading these two posts made me realise that your idea of C-SPAM forum culture and FYAD's idea of C-SPAM forum culture are identical

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

reading these two posts made me realise that your idea of C-SPAM forum culture and FYAD's idea of C-SPAM forum culture are identical

Oh no. A bunch of irony infested bigots correctly understood we're not obsessed with nitpicks that don't meaningfully change the value of the conversation.

Better give in and debate and discuss whether silicon valley reinventing the wheel is innovation in thorough detail to not get owned

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'd rather have "handkerchief in a box" than "blockchain-based innovation that doesn't solve any problem particularly well and wastes tons of energy doing it".

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lambert posted:

I'd rather have "handkerchief in a box" than "blockchain-based innovation that doesn't solve any problem particularly well and wastes tons of energy doing it".

Luckily, in this hellworld, you get to get both!!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lambert posted:

This is true, but both show how we're squandering human potential by inventing things that sound nice but do nothing.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ikanreed posted:

Oh no. A bunch of irony infested bigots correctly understood we're not obsessed with nitpicks that don't meaningfully change the value of the conversation.

Better give in and debate and discuss whether silicon valley reinventing the wheel is innovation in thorough detail to not get owned

that's not the point lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

that's not the point lol

Cool.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

Invested in it, eh?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

It’s the completely superfluous plastic box tacked on to a handkerchief to create an overpriced piece of conspicuous consumption you dummy

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Being too hungover to work after the Super Bowl is a “fever” now.

https://twitter.com/kronosinc/status/1222223347964096512?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Inceltown posted:

Full pic to save the click through

They’ll never be able to compete with my stainless handkerchief, made of all-natural mineral fibres.

It can be cleaned in a roaring fire.

because it’s asbestos