Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Lab grown meat is dumb as poo poo because it would take more resources per calorie than flesh meat so what's the dang point? Just eat a veggie burger you crybabies

*entire nation of manchildren in unison* NO ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Admiral Ray posted:

the human body can survive indefinitely on energy drinks, salt tablets dissolved in ranch, and little debbie's snack cakes

:hmmyes:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

ive never even seen a plant

Plants were created by the cia to hide their bird spy cameras in

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
one plain cheese pizza, please! -- a idiot toddler

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Oh, so that's why the skin on their body is so rubbery! It's for the expected pounding.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

realistically if you eat shrimp and lobster and such you shouldn't have any problem with eating bugs.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've had the impossible burger and its good. but its a dollar more than a regular whopper for no drat reason

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Serf posted:

i've had the impossible burger and its good. but its a dollar more than a regular whopper for no drat reason

it does't have billions of federal subsidies.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Schnorkles posted:

wait, Bill Gates ISN'T behind the spread of the coronavirus????

We know who is behind the spread Schnorkles, don't play coy

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Schnorkles posted:

realistically if you eat shrimp and lobster and such you shouldn't have any problem with eating bugs.

Also bugs can trigger shellfish allergies which I find neat.

Dude died from this eating a cockroach for a competition or something.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lawman 0 posted:

One of the big *crack pings* I had last year was that they found out that it's the corn making cows burp so much become they can't effectively digest it and that it's literally less than half when they are grass fed.
We gotta just stop using it.

Yea but we can't do that because it would hurt the corn farmers, I say as my shoes melt on the pavement because half the planet is literally uninhabitable by humans.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

Down in Louisiana we used to call crawfish mudbugs and they were tasty, just too high in cholesterol.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/meridithmcgraw/status/1222553583364845569?s=19

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

I want someone to talk about subsidy reform because it's a disaster

Serf
May 5, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

sounds like big gubmint at it again

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Also those high protein bean noodles rule rear end, get em if you can they have like 20g protein per serving, very nice

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

angerbeet posted:

We know who is behind the spread Schnorkles, don't play coy

Working hard, thank you!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Also those high protein bean noodles rule rear end, get em if you can they have like 20g protein per serving, very nice

The ones you soak right?
Those rule

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Found a strong brained take

https://twitter.com/BruceRains/status/1222314968403664896?s=19

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

The difference is that those are really big bugs that have actual meat in them. Smaller bugs you just have to eat the entire thing with the body and all the goop inside and all that.

At least that's how I imagine it in my head, I have no idea how close that is to reality.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Locust are kosher

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i just put two toblerones in the blender and two multivitamins

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
like are beans and rice going extinct or something? Why wouldn't you just eat that instead of bugs

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Schnorkles posted:

i eat aluminium and copper wiring

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basebf555 posted:

The difference is that those are really big bugs that have actual meat in them. Smaller bugs you just have to eat the entire thing with the body and all the goop inside and all that.

At least that's how I imagine it in my head, I have no idea how close that is to reality.

That's how it is with crawfish. Suck head and lick tail, as we used to say in New Orleans.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
black bean/sweet potato burger patty

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i only eat lab created meat—androids, cloned Irishmen, &c

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

un the future? clouds of locusts is something we have going right the gently caress now

https://twitter.com/rt_com/status/1221623862955249664?s=21

just like in the book!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

The ones you soak right?
Those rule

I get the uh "explore cuisine" noodles, no soaking required! I made a sickass seitan lasagne last week and then ate so much lasagne i felt bad for like a day. Mission accomplished!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

babies born w the aid of fertility medicine

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
genetically modified bugmeat

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Serf posted:

Yeah it's pretty drat good

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Basebf555 posted:

Crickets crisp up pretty well so its like eating potato chips. Mealworms are about the same.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

starship troopers but we eat the bugs

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

but enough about are troops

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

petit choux posted:

That's how it is with crawfish. Suck head and lick tail, as we used to say in New Orleans.

same, but dick and rear end

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Doc Walrus posted:

like are beans and rice going extinct or something? Why wouldn't you just eat that instead of bugs

why eat beans and rice when you can eat the hosed up looking mosquito things that get caught in spider webs in the corners of my ceiling? it's basically free food, and you don't have to grow it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Doc Walrus posted:

rice is "poo poo" and beans are "not as good as lentils" so yeah just bugs

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
imagine fresh sous vide right off the vine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Telsa Cola posted:

Bugs are tasty and pretty drat healthy and the taboo against them from food is mostly a European thing.

Eat more bugs.

racist americans: Look at those crazy chinese people eating dog, ew how backwards
also racist americans: gently caress I love eating pigs which are more intelligent than dogs