Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cloks posted:

What am I looking at here?

Matt Murdock's twin brother, Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I think it needs a custom space lawyer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

I think it needs a custom space lawyer.

:hmmyes:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Mythic Legions All Stars 3 have been announced. The pre-sale is coming Friday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I see She-Ra but can't figure out the others.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/114775

Wave 2 of the Turtles in Time figures are up for pre-order on BBTS.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I see She-Ra but can't figure out the others.

The blue guy with the black and orange armor is supposed to be a Hordak homage. I'm sure both of them will have alternate heads.

Malleus (skeleton), Zazhar (blue demon), Torrion (minotaur), and Baron Volligar (black/purple knight) are re-releases from older waves. The troll is a previously released forest troll with the stone troll's paint job.

edit: I'm sure I'll go all-in on this. All the re-releases are ones I don't already have. I was iffy on the troll since I already have a stone troll, but the new head might be enough for me to go ahead and get it.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 28, 2020

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I said I'd ONLY collect the skelleton guys from this line, but that knight on the right looks pretty cool..... that demon guy ain't bad either....

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Mythic Legions would be so cool if they could do more than just stand in neutral poses. They somehow have wise articulation than Diamond Selects, and that's impressive.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I just sold off my S.H. Figuarts Dark Knight Batman and picked up the 3.0 Mafex Batman and 2.0 Mafex Joker.

I'm in love...or I would be. It's not a deal breaker and I still think they're superior to the Figuarts versions overall, but they both have some super loose joints. Batman it's his legs, Joker it's his feet.

Can I accidentally gently caress up the figures/paint if I use clear nail polish to tighten the joints?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Use floor polish, it’s probably less abrasive.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Use floor polish, it’s probably less abrasive.

Any specific recommendation?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nanigans posted:

Any specific recommendation?

Pledge clear floor polish.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Pledge clear floor polish.

Thanks!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That Notdak is pretty tight

gregday
May 23, 2003

Pretty excited about my new prop today.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Do you have a flashy enough wardrobe to go with it though?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my gosh!

gregday
May 23, 2003

I am considering making a little display with a cigar.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Oh boy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Pretty excited about my new prop today.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

https://quantumleap.fandom.com/wiki/Handlink

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

It’s a little computer Dean Stockwell’s character used to use on Quantum Leap. Kinda like a Star Trek PADD, but he’d boop and beep it and it would make weird cartoon noises and tell him what Sam needed to do to leap.

It owns :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

In my defense, I was super excited to see that and the fumble should be forgiven.

Xenomrph posted:

Somebody clearly had a horrible childhood.

gregday
May 23, 2003

It cycles through the lights, makes all the sounds when you press the buttons, and even makes that whining noise when you smack the side of it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

gregday posted:

It cycles through the lights, makes all the sounds when you press the buttons, and even makes that whining noise when you smack the side of it.

You have to upload a video of this thing in action

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet that was expensive. But worth every penny.

Edit: I've bought cars for less than that thing costs.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 29, 2020

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRakmX-jt70

From the person who made it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

In my defense, I was super excited to see that and the fumble should be forgiven.

Somebody clearly had a horrible childhood.

I remember seeing random episodes of Quantum Leap, but it’s been forever since I saw any of it.

I can hum the theme song though, I guess that’s something? :shobon:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only thing I remember about quantum leap is that gif I won’t post

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh my god, I must have it. :stwoon: Where did you get it from?

gregday
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god, I must have it. :stwoon: Where did you get it from?

He's selling them on his Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/472296284/quantum-leap-handlink-ziggy-replica-prop

In my defense, I didn't pay full price but got it from someone who bought one on the first run and needed to sell off a bunch of stuff in a hurry due to the Australia fires. I am an exploitative bastard.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

One of these days I’ll get an Aliens pulse rifle replica, but I specifically want one with a working ammo counter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

gregday posted:

He's selling them on his Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/472296284/quantum-leap-handlink-ziggy-replica-prop

In my defense, I didn't pay full price but got it from someone who bought one on the first run and needed to sell off a bunch of stuff in a hurry due to the Australia fires. I am an exploitative bastard.

Ah, drat. That’s a lot of pennies. One day maybe!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Don't they make ones that actually fire bullets?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

Don't they make ones that actually fire bullets?

Pulse Rifles? The gun itself is just a Thompson SMG merged with a Spas-12 as the underslung part, with other bits slapped on. The ones in the movie fired blanks, and could fire live ammo.

You could conceivably convert a working Thompson into a pulse rifle, and there are airsoft conversion kits.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Xenomrph posted:

Pulse Rifles? The gun itself is just a Thompson SMG merged with a Spas-12 as the underslung part, with other bits slapped on. The ones in the movie fired blanks, and could fire live ammo.

You could conceivably convert a working Thompson into a pulse rifle, and there are airsoft conversion kits.

I would never try it since it would likely have a massive chance of being incredibly unsafe.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Djarum posted:

I would never try it since it would likely have a massive chance of being incredibly unsafe.

yeah no poo poo it's a gun

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Speaking of Aliens, I dropped by Walmart to see if they had the new Lanard stuff and was surprised to see my lovely local store actually had them all in stock. I grabbed the red dog Alien w/Weyland biker dude and the golden Warrior Xeno. The Xenos are actually pretty solid for the price ($9.86/each). The dog Alien is a little limited in articulation but the sculpt is cool and dynamic. The egg and facehugger it came with are simplistic but decent looking. The warrior has surprisingly good articulation, including a ball-joint torso that really helps give it some nice poses. The marines/researchers/whatever are pretty boring though, so they’re headed for the trash unless one of you wants them for free.

My store also had a whole bunch of stuff on deep clearance and I couldn’t pass up the Hasbro Overwatch figures for $5 each. Grabbed Tracer and Lucio but haven’t messed with them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Tracer is really cool, especially for $5. I go back and forth on if I like the Figma one or the Hasbro one more. The Figma one is great and has a ton of accessories and poses really well, but the Hasbro one is really good for $20.

My local Walmart had a bunch of random LEGO sets discounted wayyyyyyyy down for some reason, I grabbed one from Star Wars Revenge of the Sith of Anakin and Obiwan fighting on the lava river for $5.

The Alien Queen by Lanard is loving huge and very worth the $20 price tag.