Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ok, I've got another joke for you all.

Mine, mines in space! (Yep, they sold a mine laying ship .... Do mines work yet in this game?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Here's a question.

Which will happen first? SC will release or Beer's Spectrum ban until 2025 will expire?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Agony Aunt posted:

Here's a question.

Which will happen first? SC will release or Beer's Spectrum ban until 2025 will expire?

does the ban technically expire if they renew it before it runs out? At this point that may be a pertinent question.

ClownBobo
Jan 3, 2020

vIHbe'chugh, vaj Huch law' Sovbe'lu'

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Look I'm not here to defend my husband but I wouldn't support something if I felt it wasn't a great thing no matter who it was, including my husband. I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since I was a very small girl and I know a great product when I see it. What I have seen this year is a vocal minority of people who get butt-hurt that they are not a special snowflake anymore and butt hurt their opinion isn't well received so they shout louder or find someone who agrees with them to try to validate their opinion. It is also interesting as a female as I receive quite a significant amount of harassment and abuse for no good reason other than being female. Used to happen a lot more earlier this year, thank god that's changed.

And I think there is enough of the game out and its being optimized. I see a lot of games and try them and I am just plain and simply Bored. For $45 we are a steal! There's plenty to do for that amount and tell me which game out there in the world hasn't been late??? You want a s**** game or do you want to wait? Thing is companies aren't showing it as they go. If GTAV had been open development or Fallout 4 or Witcher 3 people probably would have been doing the same thing they are to us and they've certainly taken more than 3 years for their game! Everyone voted for more, no-one wanted a $10Million game. That doesn't buy you much. There aren't more talented people out there for the CryEngine - we have the best. Want to ask the German team or Paul Reindell or Mark Abent or Sean Tracy or a genius at CryEngine what they think of Chris' coding? He re-wrote a bunch of the code to make it do what it does now that hasn't been done before! Like I said, I am one of the best in the world at what I do and I know something great when I see it. The pupil to planet video is absolutely mind-blowing and I haven't seen any other game out there that appeals to me more than that did when I saw it. 2.0 as the bugs are fixed is also amazing and I've had more fun playing that than I've ever had playing Elite.

And the Lifetime Achievement for Best Delusional Performance in a Consumer Fraud goes to ... {hair brush bathroom vanity counter drum roll}

ME! Sandiworm! ME, you really like ME! I did this.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Well I for one made more money than I need this month
*crams £10 notes up arse*

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jeebus, i never really read those email exchanges attentively.

In addition to claiming to being one of the best salespeople in the world she also claims to be a qualified teacher!

Its absoloutely amazing how many talents Sandi claims to have and had since she was a little girl.

It seems like she has a severe case of narcissism and overinflated ego...so, a perfect match for CR i suppose.

Ok, i didn't have a particularly rosy picture of her before either, its just i never spotted that part before.

EDIT: LOL, another corker: "The project would not be here without me."

So we have Sandi to thank for SC! Not CR!

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 29, 2020

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

How many times a month do you think Crobbers emails Kickstarter to try and get them to take down the original page?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wow, this is a goldmine. Why didn't i read it attentively before? Sandi keeps on giving!

" I work 16 hours a day pretty much everyday and so do most people here, certainly Chris who codes all the time early into the morning."

Well, that certainly explains the terrible state of the engine.

I've never seen a project succeed where the devs and management were all working 16 hours a day. I've also never heard of a CEO of a largish company getting down and dirty with the code instead of doing the work that is in their job description, namely, running the company.

How can CR even think straight? He's over 50 and consistently pulling 16 hour days and coding while running a company? No way.

Holeeee moley: "and I'm pretty confident I am the most formally educated person in this whole company"

This is all absoloutely riveting.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this is also a woman that stalked Chris and his ex wife, and assaulted Chris by strangling him, and yet Chris married her...twice

theres also a huge amount of other unconfirmed or semi confirmed poo poo

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder all the people involved in this at an executive level are horrible, horrible people

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kosumo posted:

Ok, I've got another joke for you all.

Mine, mines in space! (Yep, they sold a mine laying ship .... Do mines work yet in this game?)

Hard to say, the Nautilus is not in the game yet and as far as I can tell has no ETA (and isn't even on the Roadmap).

Agony Aunt posted:

Wow, this is a goldmine. Why didn't i read it attentively before? Sandi keeps on giving!

Yeah it's pretty loving amazing, Sandi's emails are simultaneously painful and fascinating to read. She seems like an insufferable person.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

TheAgent posted:

Just a reminder all the people involved in this at an executive level are horrible, horrible people

sounds like someone got bit by the jealousy bug

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

SoftNum posted:

$27k is still $300/mo. on this game.

$10. every single fegging day.

That's my monthly broke asf student food budget, in one of the most expensive country in the world.

But what is food compared to ~~dreams~~?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Incitatus posted:

only in the sense I wish I wasn't constrained by morality, guilt or introspection

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Allegedly 22 and allegedly already on Wing Commander level of cultist. Send help.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

only in the sense I wish I wasn't constrained by morality, guilt or introspection

To be an inept sociopath is more or less to be rich.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

TheAgent posted:

this is also a woman that stalked Chris and his ex wife, and assaulted Chris by strangling him, and yet Chris married her...twice

theres also a huge amount of other unconfirmed or semi confirmed poo poo

Also by her own account she chose him out of a book of hollywood producers/directors (heavily implied that she wanted to make it in hollywood)

Scruffpuff posted:

Only if you start with money. If you start with nothing it's a good way to be homeless..

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SoftNum posted:

Also by her own account she chose him out of a book of hollywood producers/directors (heavily implied that she wanted to make it in hollywood)

Man, she chose poorly.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

maybe then I could afford a spaceship jpg

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

quote:

The Schedule Can Change But the Roadmap Shouldn't, Really.

I think we're all reconciled to the fact that SC will be done when it's done. Schedules will slip, etc.

But the one thing that troubles me is the roadmap.

In my opinion, at this point in time, the roadmap should be the one SOLID piece of documentation that CIG can go by; not just for backers - but for themselves to refer to.

There is (or should be) by now, enough KNOWN about the total scope of the project to sufficiently order things and plan a roadmap to the end.

But putting things on and pulling them off the way they do? That's not how a roadmap is supposed to work.

Where I come from the roadmap and schedule are two different things... the schedule should change, but the further you get into your project, the roadmap shouldn't (unless the scope changes).

Are we still at the point where CIG doesn't even know the scope?

When did CIG ever know the scope, friend?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Man, she chose poorly.
nah, she's got her own production company, her daughter is in a ton of films/tv shows in pretty decent parts, she's living in the loving pacific palisades, probably takes about $300k to $500k a year from CIG

its not a bad life

not one bit

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

TheAgent posted:

nah, she's got her own production company, her daughter is in a ton of films/tv shows in pretty decent parts, she's living in the loving pacific palisades, probably takes about $300k to $500k a year from CIG

its not a bad life

not one bit

Yeah but imagine having to touch Chris Roberts shrimpy youngman and jerk him off under the covers, let alone have sex with this stammering bag of hot air.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
dear god why

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
no thanks

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

TheAgent posted:

its not a bad life

not one bit

I sometimes wonder how Sandi finds her life. From the outside it seems kind of cushy since she's done basically nothing in life and pretty much has it made. I wonder if she's happy with it though.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah but imagine having to touch Chris Roberts shrimpy youngman and jerk him off under the covers, let alone have sex with this stammering bag of hot air.

you don't know how marriage works do you? :)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
seriously just delete that poo poo and save future generations of internet readers from that

like I'm not trying to be a backseat moderator, there's very few opportunities in life where you can make the world a better place 100% with a single, easy choice and this is one of them

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

TheAgent posted:

seriously just delete that poo poo and save future generations of internet readers from that

like I'm not trying to be a backseat moderator, there's very few opportunities in life where you can make the world a better place 100% with a single, easy choice and this is one of them

For posterity

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Incitatus posted:

Sandi rejected TheAgent's tickling request :ohdear:

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

Nalin posted:

They don't seem to have any of the logging a typical MMO would have so they aren't able to selectively deal with these issues.

Made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/X3HB4lLTYrU?t=3258

"We see in the analytics when a weapon is broken because..."

For a split second I thought he would finish the sentence with "...according to the telemetry data that weapon made way too much damage considering its number of hits", but instead he went with "...within a day or so everyone is going out buying it and using it"

This is like a Formula One or Nascar team stating that "...we realized that we need to adjust the setup, because in the telemetry data we saw that the other team won the race"

[Edit: Taxxe]

h3isenbug fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 29, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeeeeeah pull up, that kind of talk about Chris + Sandi's personal life seems a bit much, even as a joke

ClownBobo
Jan 3, 2020

vIHbe'chugh, vaj Huch law' Sovbe'lu'

TheAgent posted:

its not a bad life

not one bit

Enraging. Effin' enraging.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

h3isenbug posted:

Made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/X3HB4lLTYrU?t=3258

"We see in the analytics when a weapon is broken because..."

For a split second I thought he would finish the sentence with "...according to the telemetry data that weapon made way too much damage considering its number of hits", but instead he went with "...within a day or so everyone is going out buying it and using it"

This is like a Formula One or Nascar team stating that "...we realized that we need to adjust the setup, because in the telemetry data we saw that the other team won the race"

[Edit: Taxxe]

I would love it if CIG did a thing where people could request telemetry data from them on certain things. Somewhat just to see if they can produce results. Also because I want to ask them which missions are the most commonly abandoned because I am really curious how often missions break. I know I've tried getting working claimjumper missions before and ended up having to abandon like 10 in a row.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

I would love it if CIG did a thing where people could request telemetry data from them on certain things. Somewhat just to see if they can produce results. Also because I want to ask them which missions are the most commonly abandoned because I am really curious how often missions break. I know I've tried getting working claimjumper missions before and ended up having to abandon like 10 in a row.
why are you putting yourself through any of this

if I'm playing a game and poo poo goes sideways twice or three times in a row, I'm loving pissed. my current experience with the latest warframe patch was infuriating, and I love that game. haven't played it in weeks

how y'all keep "testing" this poo poo is beyond me. like what loving fun is there when you're constantly fighting with bugs and server disconnects, especially with zero progression or persistance

like it just boggles my mind people would spend their time with star citizen

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It is me, a small indie company fighting the big evil publishers, with my full-time barista and executive assistant to manage meetings/emails, answer calls and book travels for all super busy C-level executives.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

Nalin posted:

people could request telemetry data from them on certain things
Moved to Concern

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

JugbandDude posted:

It is me, a small indie company fighting the big evil publishers, with my full-time barista and executive assistant to manage meetings/emails, answer calls and book travels for all super busy C-level executives.

And this was in 2015, at which time they were barely scraping by with crowdfunding of - let me check my notes - one hundred million dollars.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Nalin posted:

I would love it if CIG did a thing where people could request telemetry data from them on certain things. Somewhat just to see if they can produce results.

"How many refund requests do you receive a year?"
:gary:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

why are you putting yourself through any of this

if I'm playing a game and poo poo goes sideways twice or three times in a row, I'm loving pissed. my current experience with the latest warframe patch was infuriating, and I love that game. haven't played it in weeks

how y'all keep "testing" this poo poo is beyond me. like what loving fun is there when you're constantly fighting with bugs and server disconnects, especially with zero progression or persistance

like it just boggles my mind people would spend their time with star citizen

I tried to give it a fair shake a day or two ago. It had been 4 or 5 years from when it more or less ran fine, just a little janky. I lasted what - 20 minutes? It's so painful, it's so lovely, even if you go in rosy-eyed and full of dreams of what it could be but isn't. It's aggressively and offensively bad.

I don't know how Sarsa manages at all.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

And this was in 2015, at which time they were barely scraping by with crowdfunding of - let me check my notes - one hundred million dollars.

When you think about 6+ legal team, barista, executive assistant, art, lore, animation, sound teams, it's not hard to picture where the money is going.

I like to compare this to Paradox, which was a small self funded developer for a long time. Even after releasing several successful titles and becoming a publisher, they still ran a very tight ship, to the point where they openly admitted selling separate DLC to fund specific art teams that could not be funded by regular game sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

JugbandDude posted:

When you think about 6+ legal team, barista, executive assistant, art, lore, animation, sound teams, it's not hard to picture where the money is going.

I like to compare this to Paradox, which was a small self funded developer for a long time. Even after releasing several successful titles and becoming a publisher, they still ran a very tight ship, to the point where they openly admitted selling separate DLC to fund specific art teams that could not be funded by regular game sales.

How much was for Hollywood actors mocap?