Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

I have a bad feeling about that kitty's continued existence

as you should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

as you should!

:rip:

This is the only time I'm going to say this, but Kara would have this poo poo sorted out in a jiffy.

e: this is a weird and hosed up episode.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 27, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Beth is gonna get made because of her and Mouse's code and I'm worried about the result :ohdear:

There's definitely a few death flags that's been raised already.

Edit: They could at least have the bat symbol on those phone screens in addition to the Red.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 27, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Alice is approaching Diaz levels of "already won". No way she's losing the Beth-off

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 27, 2020

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

the one thing Crisis on Infinite Earths was missing: Diaz

that would've been hilarious

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat Alice keeps just sucking. I did not want to watch any of the flashbacks after I saw the Cat. I don't need to know why she became psycho crazy.

Lesson one of supervillain arrests, never do a single thing they ask for. if they want a kleenex, tell them to use their sleeve.

WhyteRyce posted:

I feel robbed we didn't get a scene with Kate punching in Kara's number and asking if she could write an article for her an Kara appearing instantly behind her with the biggest drat grin

I keep saying this butthey really need to do a mid season finale that is World Finest. Give Kate and Kara some galpal time that turns into them punching Granny Goodness or something.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Is the mayoralty of Gotham hereditary? That answers a lot of questions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

God drat Alice keeps just sucking. I did not want to watch any of the flashbacks after I saw the Cat. I don't need to know why she became psycho crazy.

That one definitely had a feeling of finality to it because there isn't really any more reason to do flashbacks to see how she became more Alice. I have to assume that they're going to read Beth in to the whole Batwoman thing because there isn't actually a reason to hide it from her.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Sophie.

Sophie, she literally told you she's an expert at sewing/tailoring and had a strong fishline in the book.

Sophie.

Sophie.

Come on.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The best part of this is when Sophie shoots first and asks questions never when she sees Beth.

After all, Kate told everybody what her wish was when she blew out the candle.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

That one definitely had a feeling of finality to it because there isn't really any more reason to do flashbacks to see how she became more Alice. I have to assume that they're going to read Beth in to the whole Batwoman thing because there isn't actually a reason to hide it from her.

I think the only other flashbacks that'd be relevant would be how they got rid of their captor

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I imagine those will be adult Alice.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

twistedmentat posted:

Lesson one of supervillain arrests, never do a single thing they ask for. if they want a kleenex, tell them to use their sleeve.
The worst part of it was that she initially refused to give her the book but then changed her mind. :stare:

LongDarkNight posted:

Is the mayoralty of Gotham hereditary? That answers a lot of questions.
Maroyalty.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

Maroyalty.

flawless victory

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe they'll cut the Beths in half down the middle and stitch them together to make the Composite Beth.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

They better. I am in the minority and did not like Flashbacks being an part of every episode of Arrow, and don't like them in general. To me they always slow down the episodes plot and are rarely the big reveal of a plot point or character detail that they intend to be.

Tiggum posted:

The worst part of it was that she initially refused to give her the book but then changed her mind. :stare:

Alice is annoying because she is Diaz level omnicessant, but Sophie is the absolute worst because she's written to be really dumb.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still confused as to exactly HOW Mouse was able to track Kate when she was on the way to suiting up as Batwoman. I will say that Beth pretending to be Alice for the trade off was a nice touch.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chokes McGee posted:

The best part of this is when Sophie shoots first and asks questions never when she sees Beth.

This is definitely happening.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Tiggum posted:

Maroyalty.

:nice:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vietnamwees posted:

I'm still confused as to exactly HOW Mouse was able to track Kate when she was on the way to suiting up as Batwoman. I will say that Beth pretending to be Alice for the trade off was a nice touch.

Track her so well he could blindly intercept her at an intersection.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Track her so well he could blindly intercept her at an intersection.

Maybe it was just a lucky accident, since she was riding so recklessly.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I'm afraid they're going to say things are too complicated without all this evil twin bullshit having and off Beth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKA97GcGpM&t=25s

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Well Mouse does know that Kate is Batwoman. And it probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to extrapolate where the Bat-bunker is, given that she spends most of her time around there. So they know she'd either be going there or leaving from there as soon as she decided to spring into action. And at that point it only makes sense to catch her on her way there.

Now as for how he intercepted her perfectly, well that's just plot magic.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey so I just saw that Batwoman won't be new until the middle of February, along with Supergirl. Does anyone know why that is?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Super Bowl followed by the Oscars.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sophie continues to be the absolute worst.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
She's so bad, not even the Legends can save her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just want to say that I loved Mary deducing Crisis. She's somehow the least out of touch "last to know" player in the Arrowverse.

TwoPair posted:

Well Mouse does know that Kate is Batwoman. And it probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to extrapolate where the Bat-bunker is, given that she spends most of her time around there. So they know she'd either be going there or leaving from there as soon as she decided to spring into action. And at that point it only makes sense to catch her on her way there.

Now as for how he intercepted her perfectly, well that's just plot magic.

I mean, you can handwave it as him tracking her GPS somehow or something. But like yeah, those perfect interception things happen in action stuff all the time and are just kind of something you have to accept going in.

Alternatively Batwoman is continuing to be socially aware by showing you how unsafe motorcycles are.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 31, 2020

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I just want to say that I loved Mary deducing Crisis.
I hated that Kate brushed it off as ridiculous when it would have been just as easy to go "Huh. Yeah, that sounds plausible, I guess." That way she'd seem like less of an arsehole when Mary eventually finds out.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tiggum posted:

I hated that Kate brushed it off as ridiculous when it would have been just as easy to go "Huh. Yeah, that sounds plausible, I guess." That way she'd seem like less of an arsehole when Mary eventually finds out.

That's CW writing 101, though. Secrets for no good reason.

It's also why new Beth will get gunned down by the ASA DEO The Crows because of keeping secrets. Didn't even tell Sophie.

Alice is less annoying when you think of her as literally Kate's Joker. All the incredibly improbable things the Joker gets away with we just say "I accept it because he's the Joker" and that's basically what she's supposed to be. We just didn't get years of build-up and they are asking us to just accept it. If you can suspend that disbelief, you can tolerate her Diaz-ness.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea but, the Joker sucks now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tiggum posted:

In fairness to Kate and secrets there's no rational reason why rando rich realtor Kate Kane should respond to the off the cuff drinking "maybe there was a multiverse of Earths that collapsed in on themselves and she accidently slipped through the cracks of an alternate Earth" with anything but "that sounds complete insane."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 31, 2020

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

twistedmentat posted:

Yea but, the Joker sucks now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Joker it's still good, but overused and needs a proper foil like Batman to go ham at.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Joker it's still good, but overused and needs a proper foil like Batman to go ham at.

Harley Quinn would probably be a good foil for Kate/Batwoman if not for 1) she’s also become overexposed lately, 2) WB yanked her away from both Arrow and Gotham before she even appeared on screen so lol that’s never happening for Batwoman, and 3) Kate’s already dealing with a morally ambiguous loony toon blonde in the form of Alice.

Welp.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for making me realize We've not had nearly enough VotW stuff from this series. BL got away with it but this one hasn't and that's probably part of why there's so much fatigue of Alice.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Harley Quinn would probably be a good foil for Kate/Batwoman if not for 1) she’s also become overexposed lately,

Plus even if she did appear, DC/WB has really been pushing her as a hero lately so if anything she'd probably wind up helping Kate and/or becoming a clown Poochie

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In theory they could do a thing like the Daredevil series did with Punisher and Elektra with them as the anti-heroes to Kate's hero. But the Arrowverse has never really pulled that kind of nuance off.

But also, yeah, DC ain't letting them play with Harley. And Kate really needs an enemy who isn't a whacked out blonde.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just bring in the Harley Quinn version of Bane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I can't wait for them to make a unique, well-developed stable of villains for TV Batwoman and then retro-adapt them into the comics by killing and replacing 95% of them with "X from Batman's rogues gallery but A GIRL zomg"