Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

*Jerusalem quietly ponders the peace and quiet he'd have if he just gave us all sixers*

good idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Do it, no heroes here only sinners.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A wider discussion of Charlotte's merits as a performer are better suited to the WWE Discussion thread even if they originated as part of a podcast discussion. Please shift back to podcast discussion in this thread.

On that note, I haven't really listened to the Portland Wrestlecast at all, but Jim Valley's latest discussing Rocky Johnson's time there is a really good listen, as is basically anything that Jim Valley does.

This man made 96 million* dollars purely from his time as a wrestler on the indies in Seattle in the early 2000s

* Actual figure may have been monumentally smaller.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Edit: Yeah good idea J-Ru

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Edge & Christian posted:

Did I miss a recent story because a cursory google search suggests she is alive and managing a Home Depot and replying to fans on Facebook as of about two weeks ago?

i had somehow intermingled her with gary albright in my mind. also holy poo poo reggie bennet is still alive bring her in coward tony

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Way to doxx that poor lady making ends meet by hustling dumb tourists Bryan

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hustling dumbass tourists is praxis

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I know you're a troll, but for everyone else's benefit.
...I never did recaps. I was paid for everything I wrote for the site, in most cases much more than any other wrestling site would have paid. I've never been completely clear on if the newsletter pay was officially out of the site's budget or Bryan's sentimentality, though. Really, where everything started going downhill was when I was earmarked for the "person who edits Dave's front page posts to add SEO and context so the front page isn't full of "Raw rating was a' headlines" role that eventually went to...gently caress, what's his face, board troll, I forget his name.

Tony was insistent that, to gear up for it, I do extra work without a set pay rate to gear up for it. I was uncomfortable with that because I wasn't just gonna work for free. Whatshisface did, I guess, and the role was shunted off to him (for what pay, I have no idea) without any warning to me when the emergency redesign happened. (The redesign was intended to be the shift to the current version of the site where they actually have SEO and stuff, just on a different timetable.) When I pointed out to Tony that he had promised me that role and told me why, I pointed out that I wasn't gonna just start doing lots of extra work for some undefined, possibly nonexistent sum. He just said that I should have trusted him to pay me fairly for it at the end of the month.

Umm...OK. No.

In what I'm sure is a coincidence, by the way: At some point in the past year or so, Tony deleted the contents of our Google Hangouts chat log (I had forgotten you could even do that unilaterally), which is where he had said all this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Banner WOR for fans of coughing fits

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Good for Craig & Vinny insisting they be completionists with Nitro (notwithstanding all the ones they already missed).

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Naomi is not amused by Brian, Vinny, and Mark's recap of her Rumble spot.

https://twitter.com/NaomiWWE/status/1222915983976943616

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Some bad faith bullshit here

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1222927206365704198

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

mearn posted:

More than one Mark in that exchange.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Controversy Creates Cash for the 4W gang

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I didn't even watch the rumble and I'm sure Naomi did loving great. Why? because I saw a shitton of gifs and videos and people going WHO IS SHE. Which is more than any of those dorks have ever managed in their couch farting lives.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oh for sure my man

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If she wasn't eliminated right after the spot would of been cool. But eliminating her just instantly makes everything she did look stupid. An elaborate plan needs a payoff or you just look like an idiot.

edit: She looked dumb but it wasn't her fault, it is the booking.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 30, 2020

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

If she wasn't eliminated right after the spot would of been cool. But eliminating her just instantly makes everything she did look stupid. An elaborate plan needs a payoff or you just look like an idiot.

I'm pretty sure they always quickly eliminate people in those spots in case the spot goes wrong.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

coconono posted:

I didn't even watch the rumble and I'm sure Naomi did loving great. Why? because I saw a shitton of gifs and videos and people going WHO IS SHE. Which is more than any of those dorks have ever managed in their couch farting lives.

Most of what I saw were videos of her entrance, or meme images of her looking sullen as santina came out. I think it's fair to not like the "elimination save" spot that she did, but their discussion was pretty fuckin trashy.

(the "dont criticize what you cant physically do!" argument is also trashy af though)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I didn't watch it so I can't really comment on the logic or whatever. I just thought its kinda lame they went in on her athletic moment when that's probably all the rub WWE will ever let her have.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

mearn posted:

Welp, it’s yet another dog pile from WWE’s social media...

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1222919473302097921

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1222917341777973248

https://twitter.com/CarmellaWWE/status/1222926724154916864

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
:rip: mark

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

did you know rocket science is the exact same thing as an entertainment product

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Procrastinator posted:

did you know rocket science is the exact same thing as an entertainment product

To be fair, Carmella isn't a wrestler either

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was a cool looking spot but why did she jump from the steps to the barricade instead of just going back in the ring

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One and a half two out of the three in the video are wrestlers

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
The RR spot works when is spontaneous and out of nowhere not when is some willie e coyote contrived set up.
Those marks should have used better language but they are right.

also the wwe marks should rally up on better causes like not wrestling for the Saudis.

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 30, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

naomi had running momentum in the direction of the barricade

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It was a dumb spot, not as dumb as pancakes but it was dumb.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the only good rr spot is the shawn-bulldog and the first kofi one.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
The Otis-Mandy spot was good

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The John Morrison parkour spot, which was the progenitor of kofi spot, was actually like a contextual thing because they built him up for weeks and weeks as this parkour master and incorporated it into his matches and then rumble time comes and he manages a wild save for himself and you go "oh yeah, he's the parkour guy now, of course he could pull it off"

At least that is how I remember the timeline.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
If you take some of these twitter replies at face value, Bryan may as well have sung Dixie & pledged his allegiance to the Confederacy for criticising a dumb spot in a wrestling match.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

making fun of anyone in WWE is cool and good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dsriggs posted:

If you take some of these twitter replies at face value, Bryan may as well have sung Dixie & pledged his allegiance to the Confederacy for criticising a dumb spot in a wrestling match.

The funny thing is what everyone's mad about is 90% Mark.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sucks that I have to wait a whole year for him to make fun of it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Naomi herself did fine but the "get back to the ring" spot was way too loving long and stupid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She is very fine, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

The funny thing is what everyone's mad about is 90% Mark.