Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Wicked Them Beats posted:

*Protoss Zealot Voice* "My life for Bernie!"

*Arms Yamoto cannon* All post emojis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1222581835852656641?s=20

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nothing moves the Klob!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

is Elizabath Warren about to anounce Verrit 2.0 or something

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

quote:

I'm making a pledge: I will not knowingly use or spread disinformation to benefit my own candidacy or damage others.
Technically she hasn't done this.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ManBoyChef posted:

Hey does anyone know the name of the documentary about a person's father that was radicalized by fox news? ive been meaning to watch it and the post-it I had it written on has vanished.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brainwashing_of_My_Dad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kidkissinger posted:

is Elizabath Warren about to anounce Verrit 2.0 or something

Its the basically the same bill that passes the House last year that criminalizes intentionally spreading misinformation about voting locations and times

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
lmao I didn't even Klobuchar was a Kop

https://twitter.com/KenzoShibata/status/1222619283626385408?s=20

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Technically she hasn't done this.

Ah, the Trump - Ukraine defense

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nerra is the complete opposite of always right so this checks out.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1222613746377535488?s=19

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 29, 2020

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*Protoss Zealot Voice* "My life for Bernie!"

Bernie Whip Operational

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

goethe.cx posted:

If you weren’t posting ironic slurs and Maoism Third-Worldism on LF at 18, you have no heart. If you aren’t writing 30-tweet threads about Bernie bros at 30, you have no brain.

Bonus points if your formative SA political experience was yelling at Paradol Ex. That's the kind of thing that prepares you for a lifetime of Extremely Online politics.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How should I mentally prepare myself for the Iowa Caucus on Monday, especially if things don't go as hoped?
The thought of it is already making me quite nervous. I don't want to spend the whole weekend nervous.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

overmind2000 posted:

Bonus points if your formative SA political experience was yelling at Paradol Ex. That's the kind of thing that prepares you for a lifetime of Extremely Online politics.

I know we live in the worst timeline because it turns out that loving Paradol Ex actually was a prophet.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 29, 2020

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Grouchio posted:

How should I mentally prepare myself for the Iowa Caucus on Monday, especially if things don't go as hoped?
The thought of it is already making me quite nervous. I don't want to spend the whole weekend nervous.

Pray to god that a Biden n-word tape drops before New Hampshire

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Grouchio posted:

I plan to spend the weekend drunk and playing Baldur's Gate. Alternatively you can turn that nervous energy towards phone/text banking.

Follow the path that feels right for you.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grouchio posted:

I have been dealing with the anxiety of Biden's inevitable loss to Trump by digging in the couch cushions for Bernie money, and volunteering. To be honest, the expectation was always to lose Iowa by a little, and win NH and Nevada. So if he loses Iowa go volunteer before those other two I mentioned. Even if he wins do that. Be apart of it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Gonna dump another hundo on Bernie come payday, and then look into what volunteering efforts are ramping up in California. Getting sick of all the goddamn Yang signs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

I have been dealing with the anxiety of Biden's inevitable loss to Trump by digging in the couch cushions for Bernie money, and volunteering. To be honest, the expectation was always to lose Iowa by a little, and win NH and Nevada. So if he loses Iowa go volunteer before those other two I mentioned. Even if he wins do that. Be apart of it.
1. (...But I don't drive. How would I volunteer for those states when I live in Maine?)
2. Isn't Bernie losing Iowa the reason he later lost on Super Tuesday?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

I plan to spend the weekend drunk and playing Baldur's Gate.

Coincidentally enough, so am I!

Of course there's always a tiny bit of trepidation, but I'm far more optimistic about Bernie's chances than not.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Grouchio posted:

1. (...But I don't drive. How would I volunteer for those states when I live in Maine?)

You can phonebank and/or text. And I think you can attribute his 2016 loss to more factors than just Iowa

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Grouchio posted:

That's not really the sort of thing you can point to a single reason for.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grouchio posted:

1. You post though. Text banking is as easy as watching a webinar and then logging onto a website.
2. Not really.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bernie lost in 2016 because he wasn't even running a real campaign basically until the voting started.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Can anybody give me a cite for the lovely budget/bill that included anti-trans legislation that Warren voted for?

My friend’s between her and Bernie but he needs convincing.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/adam_brew/status/1222640211907223552

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

“Bernie is my friend, and a great guy, and super nice. Vote for me, Tom Steyer.”

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Can anybody give me a cite for the lovely budget/bill that included anti-trans legislation that Warren voted for?

Are you referring to the NDAA that passed in October 2017? Warren got some flak for successfully pushing for a number of amendments, but ultimately voting for a bill that contained no language opposing the president's transgender ban.

If you ask me that's a pretty weak reason to conclude Warren Bad. In general, due to their breadth, these budget bills are a pretty poor indicator of any individual senator's positions.

snorch fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 29, 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Her voting for Reagan twice isnt good enough? How about in 2012 when she said that a transgender prisoner shouldn't receive medical treatment?

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

I'm no strategist, but I feel like Bernie should be spending more in Iowa right now. He'll have a big windfall if he wins Iowa, now would be a good time to go all out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

“Bernie is my friend, and a great guy, and super nice. Vote for me, Tom Steyer.”

It seems like Steyer is trying to run on a Diet Bernie platform (miniature version of Bernie's wealth tax, for example) and trying to make himself look like Bernie's friend in the hopes he can lure some people to him who'd otherwise go to Bernie.

It won't work but what a weird strategy.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

oxsnard posted:

Her voting for Reagan twice isnt good enough? How about in 2012 when she said that a transgender prisoner shouldn't receive medical treatment?

No, I want stuff from her senate career. Recent stuff. Goons were posting a bunch about Warren voting “for an anti-trans bill” a few weeks back and I want details.

Anything else aside from the 2017 NDAA?

Also don’t come at me, I’m the Sandersista in this conversation. I don’t need convincing and I sure as poo poo don’t need condescension.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Part of why Bernie’s narrow loss in Iowa in 2016 didn’t help him much is because they still would just add the super delegates to the delegate count so it made it look like Hillary was crushing him despite only losing by a handful of votes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

I'm no strategist, but I feel like Bernie should be spending more in Iowa right now. He'll have a big windfall if he wins Iowa, now would be a good time to go all out.

That's just radio and TV ads. That doesn't take into account stuff like the concerts, the canvassing, etc. And he's still spending the second most.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Grouchio posted:

If things go great, get drunk, sleep it off and go fight again.

If things go bad, get drunk, sleep it off and go fight again.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/1222595706810224640

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Electric Bugaloo posted:

No, I want stuff from her senate career. Recent stuff. Goons were posting a bunch about Warren voting “for an anti-trans bill” a few weeks back and I want details.

Also don’t come at me, I’m the Sandersista in this conversation. I don’t need convincing and I sure as poo poo don’t need condescension.

not trying to be condescending, sorry :(

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
oh hey there's also this slimy gently caress

https://twitter.com/OrganizingPower/status/1222596250094227456?s=20

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Not a lot of stuff has come up in terms of anti- or pro- trans legislation. In terms of recent stuff, there's the 2012 opposition to transition medical care for inmates that she never publicly repudiated but her campaign claims is not her position anymore, and theres the 2017 NDAA. Other than that, there havent been votes that she could have taken one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Steyer comes off as a guy who thinks "I dont *want* to pay higher taxes, but if I do, eh, I'll be ok with it. Bernie seems like an ok guy."

I'd never vote for him in a jillion years, but there is a non-zero chance he endorses bernie when he drops out.