Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This gave me flashbacks of one of my especially moronic ncos yelling "SAY AGAIN OVER!" into a drive-thru intercom

I am very guilty of always using the phrase "say again". I don't try to military it up but I spent too long on radios and years teaching call for fire for untrained observers. There is no other phrase that comes to my head when I need someone to repeat something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

facialimpediment posted:

I'd put this in the dog thread, but I'd rather keep that clean of this sort of thing!

https://twitter.com/IvePetThatDog/status/1222659013529214976?s=19

Can't wait to see what Bailey's milkbone means testing is

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
All milkbones go to the Lab for testing

no exceptions

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

I'd put this in the dog thread, but I'd rather keep that clean of this sort of thing!

https://twitter.com/IvePetThatDog/status/1222659013529214976?s=19

I would vote for Bailey Warren for first dog.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Eyes Have It posted:

All milkbones go to the Lab for testing

no exceptions

He's a retriever, not a labrador.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Chichevache posted:

He's a retriever, not a labrador.

Labradors are retrievers too.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Can we please just agree that Bailey is a good dog and is very handsome and I would like to pette dat dogge.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'd ask if Bernie has a dog, but I assume he's far too conscientious of how little time he'd get to spend patting said good boy/girl to get one.

Shame tho. Everyone should have a dog.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

MA-Horus posted:

Can we please just agree that Bailey is a good dog and is very handsome and I would like to pette dat dogge.

I wanna smoosh dat face and ask who the good dog is :kimchi:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bailey will bring back the Golden Standard

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

McNally posted:

Labradors are retrievers too.

gently caress. You're right.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

But did Bailey's great grandparents sign the Retriever rolls?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

political researchers have determined that Bailey Warren really really loves playing in snow, as well as chasing rabbits and squirrels, and getting lots of pets.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Hekk posted:

I am very guilty of always using the phrase "say again". I don't try to military it up but I spent too long on radios and years teaching call for fire for untrained observers. There is no other phrase that comes to my head when I need someone to repeat something.

i got in that habit working at a wal-mart distribution center, it uses an automated voice-activated system for orderpicking and 'say again' was how you got it to repeat itself, which you had to do constantly since the audio quality sucked rear end

i guess what i'm saying is war, and walmart, are hell

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Best Friends posted:

[Good GFA/Brexit stuff]

*Is it actually a violation? I have no idea. But thinking it's a violation is very party line

That makes sense. Thanks

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

I'd ask if Bernie has a dog, but I assume he's far too conscientious of how little time he'd get to spend patting said good boy/girl to get one.

Shame tho. Everyone should have a dog.

Hoping he’d get a Bernese Mountain Dog and name it Bernese Anders.

I would do unspeakable things to pet Bernese Anders in the Oval Office.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wuhan number go up again.

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1222703660083437568?s=19

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

up the ra

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

:agreed:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:lol:

Goddamn.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

China #1 at corona virus unnamed country can only salivate

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MA-Horus posted:

:petdog:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ded posted:

China #1 at corona virus unnamed country can only salivate

Apparently a bus driver, that has not visited china, in Japan caught it. Or at least that's what tom cotton is making GBS threads himself about right now.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1222704039856615424?s=19

Yeah good loving luck with that. Mitchs' wife is going to keep that door pried open as long as possible.

:tinfoil:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Apparently a bus driver, that has not visited china, in Japan caught it. Or at least that's what tom cotton is making GBS threads himself about right now.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1222704039856615424?s=19

Yeah good loving luck with that. Mitchs' wife is going to keep that door pried open as long as possible.

:tinfoil:

Dude, don’t post up Tom Fuckin’ Cotton’s unsubstantiated demands for martial law, you dolt.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You imagine what having him as you platoon leader was like?

gently caress

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Hekk posted:

Same here it’s been 13 years since I was in. It’s just burned into me. I avoid almost all military stuff but “say again” is just a part of my speech.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Writing in block letters in full caps is something I can never shake.

loving logbooks.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It’s superior anyways. I want to be able to read what you right.
gently caress cursive for anything more than signing.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yuck you guys are the worst. Motherfuck logbooks though. Except I still write zeros with that little strike through them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's weird... I write my o's with a little strike through them

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded posted:

Writing in block letters in full caps is something I can never shake.

loving logbooks.

ive graduated to typing in no caps and handwriting all caps

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I write my first name in cursive and my last in block. Also capitalized like this: First LAST, because gently caress conformity.

mlmp08 posted:

Dude, don’t post up Tom Fuckin’ Cotton’s unsubstantiated demands for martial law, you dolt.

I don't know how he wasn't fragged by his platoon.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 30, 2020

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I enjoy writing in cursive, and as a bonus it's like encryption that works on people under 30

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
30 Jan 2020

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

It has been 6,969 days since the year 2000.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yuck you guys are the worst. Motherfuck logbooks though. Except I still write zeros with that little strike through them.

Same plus a seven with a line through and a z as well.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SeaborneClink posted:

It has been 6,969 days since the year 2000.

I wish I could say nice but lets be honest. Nothings nice anymore.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I bet you could convince Tom Cotton to sponsor a bill to have the VA buy healing crystals if you wanted easy money.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://www.newsweek.com/conservative-pastor-says-jesus-would-have-beat-crap-out-john-bolton-1484767

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ something something turn the other cheek somesuch nonsense.

That Works posted:

I bet you could convince Tom Cotton to sponsor a bill to have the VA buy healing crystals if you wanted easy money.

Now that is a drat good idea. He's from Arkansas, so it's not like it would be above his constituents either.

Wouldn't even bother with crystals, I'd just make glass turds.