Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Xenomrph posted:

Allow me to introduce you to the old school Aliens arcade game, which is absolutely canon.

https://youtu.be/KvvgwFbHr7Q

I'd forgotten the humanoid zombue soldier guys in this. Prometheus was just a continuation of that canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Xenomrph posted:

Allow me to introduce you to the old school Aliens arcade game, which is absolutely canon.

https://youtu.be/KvvgwFbHr7Q

I loving loved this game and would spend any cash I had on hand playing it on the rare occasions I would find it in the wild.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The part with the xenos jumping on top of your elevator and snapping cables always felt so tense to me.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Just :lol: if you don't think about Aliens every day

Always
Be
Thinking
About
Aliens

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Laterite posted:

Always
Be
Thinking
About
Aliens

:agreed:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Laterite posted:

Always
Be
Thinking
About
Aliens

ABTAA?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Owlbear Camus posted:

The part with the xenos jumping on top of your elevator and snapping cables always felt so tense to me.

I loved throwing down with the Queen in the power loader.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Just :lol: if you don't quote Aliens every day

However, if you are in couples counselling, and the therapist asks if you have any questions, do NOT reply with "How do I get out of this chicken-poo poo outfit?"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

However, if you are in couples counselling, and the therapist asks if you have any questions, do NOT reply with "How do I get out of this chicken-poo poo outfit?"

If your partner refuses to open up you can say "You started this. Show me everything. I can handle myself."

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

*slipping on the condom*

"It's just a precaution... doesn't mean we're engaged or anything."

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If your wife is berating your daughter, you can tell her to GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH.

Bonus points if you do it while wearing a ramshackle homemade suit of powered armor

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

*peering into fleshlight*

Look, no bad dreams there.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

purple death ray posted:

*peering into fleshlight*

Look, no bad dreams there.

She doesn't have bad dreams, because she's just a piece of plastic.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jay_Zombie posted:

She doesn't have bad dreams, because she's just a piece of plastic.

I prefer the term "Artificial Perineum"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm sorry. I don't know why I didn't even... Ripley's last trip out, the fles- the artificial perineum malfunctioned. There were problems and a-a few deaths were involved.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
All right sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill. Assholes and elbows!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Are we back to horneyposting? Because I used up all my good material last time.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Owlbear Camus posted:

So, I like this read, I'll probably do something with it in my TTRPG... but is this textual in the movie?

I honestly didn't pick up a ton of romance unrequited or otherwise among the crew. I know there was a cut scene foreshadowing the Ash reveal where Lambert and Ripley are talking about how he never sleeps with anyone, unusual among the libertine crew.

It's mostly in material about the movie. There is one cut scene you can see on youtube that features this weird walk on all fours it does towards her with it's tail raised up between it's legs, it was cut for looking.....well stupid but yeah the basic principal was it was due to Kane's feelings being somewhat carried through trough to the alien in a horrifying manner. It might even play into her death as you see it's tail rising up around her legs. But yeah it's not something that really gets touched on much unfortunately.

Some of the other material about the movie is that such crews like those on the Nostromo tends to screw around, like literally, I mean what else are you going to do in space on long voyages? Especially when crew mates may change. I think Ripley even ask Lambert about Ash which might be a hint towards that.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Laterite posted:

Always
Be
Thinking
About
Aliens

attention aliens
interest internet
decision discussion
action action :justpost:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i can go out there tonight with the movies youve got and make myself 15 hundred posts. tonight. in 2 hours
can you?

can you?

go and do likewise. a i d a. get mad you ultimate badasses

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

From Dusk Til Dawn is another one to show people blind, because the vampire stuff comes out of loving nowhere.

HA! I actually managed this many years back with a friend. The ONLY thing she knew about it was that George Clooney was a criminal.

We were pretty drunk and high and the look on her face when Selma Hayek sprouts fangs was :discourse:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

MrMojok posted:

HA! I actually managed this many years back with a friend. The ONLY thing she knew about it was that George Clooney was a criminal.

We were pretty drunk and high and the look on her face when Selma Hayek sprouts fangs was :discourse:

I've done this once with a friend too, and the pure :wtf: look is magical. I think maybe The Sixth Sense is the last real WHAAAA curveball that I remember not being mentioned or hinted at in the previews or commercials.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Splicer posted:

Imagine going into Psycho unspoiled. Halfway through the film BAM main character murdered in the shower, suddenly you're watching a police procedural.

I have wished for so long I could have experienced this film without knowing anything about it. Imagine those 1960 theater audiences seeing it, Janet Leigh is the big star, and then she gets murdered halfway through, in an extremely disturbing (for the time) manner.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
In 1986 I was a little too young to see R-Rated movies, so I 'accidentally' strolled into the theater that was playing Aliens.

Holy loving poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I first saw Aliens when I was 7. I was aware of them thanks to ads for Alien^3 and action figures, but hadn't seen them and was a real pansy/afraid of horror movies.

So I turn on a tiny old TV-- to Fox, if I recall correctly--while bored at my grandparents' apartment. It's the scene where Newt falls into the water and gets grabbed.

Yeah. I slept well that night.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I was around 8 when I saw them. I had been whining about how it wasn't fair my mom got to stay up past me and watch movies, because I could still hear the tv. So we stayed up two nights in a row and watched Alien and Aliens lol

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

My dad worked at a truck stop with VHS rentals and brought home Aliens to watch when I was 7. I loved it and then watched it by myself the next morning with all my toys lined up to join me. It then became the weekend thing where we'd go get it or he'd bring it home and I'd watch it Saturday morning. It's still my favorite movie, but it's strange thinking back to how normal this seemed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was about 5 or 6.

My dad was a man of culture and sophistication and preferred Alien but we watched the gently caress out of both.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm thinking about Alien (Resurrection)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

They originally gave the Newborn hybrid an engorged dick-vulva.

Jeunet was adamant that the Newborn have genitalia, a mix of both sexes. However, Fox was uncomfortable and even Jeunet eventually felt "even for a Frenchman, it's too much". The genitalia were digitally removed in post-production

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It's certainly...something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm thinking about Alien (Resurrection)

boo!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Owlbear Camus posted:

They originally gave the Newborn hybrid an engorged dick-vulva.

Jeunet was adamant that the Newborn have genitalia, a mix of both sexes. However, Fox was uncomfortable and even Jeunet eventually felt "even for a Frenchman, it's too much". The genitalia were digitally removed in post-production

So the alien did have exposed genitalia? That must've been interesting for the actors on set.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
digitally removing dick-vulvas is good work if you can get it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mind the walrus posted:

I first saw Aliens when I was 7. I was aware of them thanks to ads for Alien^3 and action figures, but hadn't seen them and was a real pansy/afraid of horror movies.

So I turn on a tiny old TV-- to Fox, if I recall correctly--while bored at my grandparents' apartment. It's the scene where Newt falls into the water and gets grabbed.

Yeah. I slept well that night.

Lol you wuss. There's nothing scary abou.....

:stare:

AzureSkys posted:

My dad worked at a truck stop with VHS rentals and brought home Aliens to watch when I was 7. I loved it and then watched it by myself the next morning with all my toys lined up to join me. It then became the weekend thing where we'd go get it or he'd bring it home and I'd watch it Saturday morning. It's still my favorite movie, but it's strange thinking back to how normal this seemed.

:3:

I was a little bitch when I was a kid. Super anxious, had nightmares all the time, I couldn't watch scary movies. I saw the toy commercials on TV before I even saw the movie. This one specifically.

Send in the Marines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffizjhnlsM

After I got the toys I had to see the movie of course. It was very :stare: for me but drat. For a 10 year old me it was such a great action movie. It took years for me to appreciate..... literally everything else that movie had in it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 30, 2020

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I love aliens so much

Every day I wear my alien stomper shoes that I got for 50 bucks when they came out years ago. They're good sneakers!

Its my favorite movie franchise ever

By proxy I love this thread too

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Floodixor posted:

I love aliens so much

Every day I wear my alien stomper shoes that I got for 50 bucks when they came out years ago. They're good sneakers!

Its my favorite movie franchise ever

By proxy I love this thread too

You have the shoes? Holy poo poo.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Lol you wuss. There's nothing scary abou.....

:stare:

My favorite part about that scene has always been the wibbly wobbly bendy rubber tail that's obviously being hoisted up via a wire by some disinterested grip off screen and it doesn't detract from the :stare: in the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Alienms thread, is it madness to pick up the Alien ttrpg and start running a third tabletop game, or is this what I should have been doing all along