Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I wish I could be as well dressed as Elliot. God drat that man is beautifully dressed.

Alec Eiffel posted:

True. And I suppose it’s better than never acknowledging his existence. But if I didn’t know any better, I’d assume he’d be coming back at some point.

I wouldn't rule out a flashback or brief summoning cameo, but yeah he's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I doubt he'd be back so soon after his major, show changing death. I'm still mad at Jason for quitting the show but last year's finale (and really the entire season) was so powerful that I'm very grateful to him for the work he did. My wife is catching up and she was watching the episode where the Monster and Q smash all of the airplanes and I am again being confronted with my father's frailty and potential mortality and that poo poo kicked me in the heart again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Now they compete to rule Fillory.

I would argue that it's not really a competition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fen and Margo should get married and rule together.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Fen and Margo should get married and rule together.

Margo shouldn't settle for Fen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

It's a marriage for political power!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

It's a marriage for political power!

It isn't when only part has any political power.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

It isn't when only part has any political power.

Fenn has KNIVES.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Fenn has KNIVES.

Margo has guns.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Fenn has KNIVES.

God drat excellent point.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alhazred posted:

Settle? SETTLE?!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Suave hiker dude is totally the Dark King, right?

cailleask
May 6, 2007

100% gotta be the dark king! Also Robin Hood from Once Upon A Time, so that was a nice surprise.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
could listen to fenn say "knives" all night

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I always appreciate the understated jokes in this show

Like auto-tune

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

cailleask posted:

100% gotta be the dark king! Also Robin Hood from Once Upon A Time, so that was a nice surprise.

He's Quentin's kid too, right? Where else would a Fillorian magician come from?

cailleask
May 6, 2007

He's Quentin's kid too, right? Where else would a Fillorian magician come from?

Oh crap I didn’t even think about that part. But it makes sense!

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
100% definitely Q's kid, yeah, I will be extremely surprised if he isn't. I was very worried that he and Eliot would hook up during their scene together, though "I think I almost hosed the Dark King" would be a very strong thread title, so overall worth it.

Very good episode overall, I really loving appreciate that the show is willing to let situations be complicated and emotional and actively and (literally) vocally rebukes the unrealistic desire to wrap painful things up neatly with an apology bow.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Did I miss something? Josh had to gently caress Margo to stop himself from dying, right? Why can they all not gently caress and/or kill someone and still be fine?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think that was just the special once a century full moon that your options were gently caress someone without the curse, kill someone or rip yourself apart. The normal times you could just lock yourself in a cage to get through it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Olivia and Hale crushed that scene at the well. God drat.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Yeah, I was on the verge of tears through that. loving uglycry already, Elliot.

Margo is all about burning bridges right now, eh?

Episode description was on point yet again. "Description Eliot and Alice go for a hike; Fen gets a haircut."

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Aexo posted:

Yeah, I was on the verge of tears through that. loving uglycry already, Elliot.

Margo is all about burning bridges right now, eh?

Episode description was on point yet again. "Description Eliot and Alice go for a hike; Fen gets a haircut."

100% the Eliot ugly crying scene is saved for Margo. Actually might have been kind of peeved if it had happened with Alice given their history being mostly neutral-to-bad, though I guess acceptable given how important Q was to both of them, but I 100% think Margo is the only person besides Q (and even then, only because they literally spent a lifetime together) that actually knows Eliot's inner Eliot well enough to really understand everything that this means to him.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think that was just the special once a century full moon that your options were gently caress someone without the curse, kill someone or rip yourself apart. The normal times you could just lock yourself in a cage to get through it.

Yeah, regular full moons are just a lock yourself up thing. The full on gently caress-somebody-or-die thing is once every 30 years iirc.

That was a hell of a look Margo had on her face at the end. She is not okay right now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's in this ominous letter of Elliot's? Some poo poo to alter reality that's going to mess everything up, thought it was going to be a sweet goodbye letter to Q or something but they done fooled me.

edit: Oh I'm behind an ep.

ed2: OK caught up, still wanna read that letter, man! Also, I've decided the way I want to die is by the hands of Xena-Margo

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 31, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I imagine it was a bit of both. Eliot actually letting his feelings out in writing, and also bee tee dubs Everett done drank the reservoir look out for him.

I kind of figured they would go through with him sending the letter, but Q does what he did anyway because he's just that drat stubborn.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

ThePagey posted:

100% definitely Q's kid, yeah, I will be extremely surprised if he isn't. I was very worried that he and Eliot would hook up during their scene together, though "I think I almost hosed the Dark King" would be a very strong thread title, so overall worth it.

Very good episode overall, I really loving appreciate that the show is willing to let situations be complicated and emotional and actively and (literally) vocally rebukes the unrealistic desire to wrap painful things up neatly with an apology bow.

I was sort of thinking this too, but if he was their kid wouldn't he recognize Eliot? He was basically the kid's second dad.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

vlad3217 posted:

I was sort of thinking this too, but if he was their kid wouldn't he recognize Eliot? He was basically the kid's second dad.

Well it has been 300 years, longer even since the kid left long before Jane Chatwin showed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did recognize him and is just keeping quiet about it until he gets whatever it is he wants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't Q's kid like nearly an adult when he left?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I doubt it's Q's son, but by the end of A Life in a Day they mention grandkids so I could see the dark king being a descendant of Q.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Q had grandkids that it was implied Elliot never met and that was when Jane was a kid. And Fen and Josh are overthrown like 40 years later or something? So grandkid would make sense.

But it also would make him and Elliot being hot for each other kind of creepy in a "banging your step granddad" way.

P.S. I just caught up on the show after skipping last season and I was really impressed how they made me not only not hate Quentin but actually feel really bad when he died and emotional about all the people grieving him. Also Fen is amazing and so was that episode where Margo trips on Lizard sweat and Kady just shows up to show off in her subconscious musical numbers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show's musical episodes are the bar by which others should be measured against.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
"I dOn'T oWn JoSh'S pEnIs" give me a loving break it's fine to have monogamous relationships

Also can Josh please just get murdered asap. He is the worst.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cailleask posted:

And also one of the kids singing every sperm is sacred in Monty Python and the Meaning of Life.

Anne Whateley posted:

"I dOn'T oWn JoSh'S pEnIs" give me a loving break it's fine to have monogamous relationships

This is a really weird thing to be offended by.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm not offended I just think it's dumb. It was never an open relationship before, and "he cheated and that's totes cool" is not exactly a good way to open it.

If my hatred for Josh is what confused you, don't worry that goes back years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Josh rules.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it was pretty obvious Margo was lying about not caring that Fen and Josh slept together. What with her going into a rage and murdering Fen and then filled with guilt confessing that she didn't actually save them.

I'm also not sure Josh sleeping with Fen qualifies as "cheating" given the whole "we never heard from Margo again after she left to go have sex with some magic shaman douche to get his power to save Elliot and magic on another world" context of it. But that's for Josh and Margo to work out.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not offended I just think it's dumb. It was never an open relationship before, and "he cheated and that's totes cool" is not exactly a good way to open it.

She had sex with the ice axes guy a couple of episodes later, it was never an exclusive relationship. And it fits both the character and her state of mind to say what she said.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Margot is just being a hypocrite. Probably because she didn't realise how much she cared about Josh until she almost lost him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Margot is just being a hypocrite. Probably because she didn't realise how much she cared about Josh until she almost lost him.

yeah i took the point as "margot is mad because she's not supposed to care about this and she doesn't really have any right to, but she definitely does anyways"