Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Car service was only 300ish. Thanks for not totally screwing me mazda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Schneider Inside Her posted:

The boys were not ready for the amount of science I cranked out and I was not ready for the amount of kahlua I started drinking

does multiplayer Civ 6 take 5 days to play?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
300 is reasonable

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Kharnifex posted:

300 is reasonable

:chloe:

I used to do my own on the hectic hundi (i30) and it'd cost me $60 or so in materials

Gonna start doing the VW I think now as well seeing as it's out of warranty. Just gonna go to mechanics for stuff that I can't do

I know it's due for some new rear tyres soon and one of the brakes is making a bit of a squeak so I reckon it'll be a good time to check the pads and rotors

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

I turned 30 and can no longer physically tolerate Jjj

I've umm ... been listening to Double J.

They played the Hottest 100 from 1999.

Good times.

:350:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Picking up my new wood lathe this afternoon and gonna put in my letter of resignation tomorrow

It works out well cos I'm resigning at the end of the month so will get paid a full month's salary AND 3 weeks accrued leave when I take off, so almost an extra month's salary for free :rambo:

If that doesn't give me the funding to move house idk what will

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

I've umm ... been listening to Double J.

They played the Hottest 100 from 1999.

Good times.

Good hottest 100 that year iirc

ili
Jul 26, 2003

300 sounds a bit much depending on what they're actually doing that service. Like oil and filter for the ute will run me $150+ at retail, but a scheduled service with diffs, gearbox and t-case fluids would have been several hundred just for fluids. So sometimes the dealership fixed price services work out, I was paying $180 a service no matter what consumables were needed.

It's worth doing yourself any way if you've got the time so you can be sure it's done properly. Some ham-fisted clown went to town on crossthreaded bolts with a rattle gun at the dealership, ended up shearing bolts and having to drop two members, drill the cunts out and put helicoils in to fix the trashed threads.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My favorite and best cover art

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I went to the nursery to get some dirt and advice on dealing with this lantana and I came back with a hundred dollars worth of macadamia trees and a kaffir lime tree, as well as all the stuff I’m gonna plant where I’m ripping out the lantana

It's "soil", not "dirt".

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If I go to the nursery to find out who is loving whom it’s dirt thank you very much

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

gently caress some mechanics are dodgy. Daughter's car got knocked back for a pink slip last week and they told her it need $600 worth of repairs to pass. I talked her into taking it somewhere else so she could be absolutely sure the work was needed and the only thing they found wrong was that she needed a $25 headlight globe (which she already knew about).

To get a Pink Slip. Take the car to Tyrepower @ Kogarah.

Tell 'em "Brookie" sent you.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Mechanics are like weed guys in that once you find a dude that doesn’t rip you off youre set until he retires and he will always retire within a year of you deciding he is your mechanic for life

My reliable weed dealer just died from an overdose of Fentanyl.

RIP Gary.

Now I gotta score off the "other dude".

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Blow posted:

It's "soil", not "dirt".

Constantly calling soil scientists 'dirt miners' until they snap is top entertainment during multidisciplinary survey work.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

McSpergin posted:

I used to do my own on the hectic hundi (i30) and it'd cost me $60 or so in materials

Gonna start doing the VW I think now as well seeing as it's out of warranty. Just gonna go to mechanics for stuff that I can't do

I know it's due for some new rear tyres soon and one of the brakes is making a bit of a squeak so I reckon it'll be a good time to check the pads and rotors

man expecting people to do their own car repairs when they aren't interested in repairing cars already is a lot to ask. Most people don't really care about car maintenance tasks and don't want to put the effort in, its like asking someone to do their own plumbing.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

man expecting people to do their own car repairs when they aren't interested in repairing cars already is a lot to ask. Most people don't really care about car maintenance tasks and don't want to put the effort in, its like asking someone to do their own plumbing.

I'm all about the savings in money over anything else, and know I'm capable of doing it myself

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I was there last night around the time it happened, maybe I can be first corona goon

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Servicing your car isn't that hard if you can remember righty tighty lefty loosy.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm comfortable doing oil and coolant, air filters and basic electrics but beyond that I either need special equipment, or the mess involved is hosed up enough I dont want to do on any of my flat surfaces anyway

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Don’t have to worry about doing your own maintenance or getting ripped off by dodgy mechanics if you don’t own a car *eddie_murphy_tapping_head.jpg*

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0x9_tATD9E

australia problems

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Yeah you can save money doing it yourself but how about paying someone to do it so you can do something else.

Like drink beer and

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I lke how Eddie turned up.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

i know this might come as a surprise to many Australians but there are in fact several different African-Americans on tv, and no, they don't all look alike

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yes!

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Squalid posted:

i know this might come as a surprise to many Australians but there are in fact several different African-Americans on tv, and no, they don't all look alike

hes actually from the UK so how silly do u look now

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Caesar Saladin posted:

its like asking someone to do their own plumbing.

I used to do my own on the septic Sunday and it'd cost me $60 or so in materials

Gonna start doing the WC I think now as well seeing as it's out of warranty. Just gonna go to plumbers for stuff that I can't do

I know it's due for some new faucets soon and the seat is making a bit of a squeak so I reckon it'll be a good time to check the flange and U-bend

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I mean it's not a bad idea to be able to fix a tap and poo poo like that around the house either. Paying tradies cuts into the beer fund.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A few weeks ago I saw some Mandurah dipshit rode his rascal scooter diagonally through a intersection while balancing his two kids on his lap

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

honestly doing your own plumbing is a piece of piss as long as you have a couple of things

a) all the bits you need ahead of time + spares
b) good tools
c) a second person to sit on the phone by the water main if you're turning it off and then back on just in case you hosed up bc holy gently caress you do not want to forget about this

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

maxe posted:

hes actually from the UK so how silly do u look now

ah loving hell mate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

perfect in every way

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Had some mechanic in Enoggera tell me I absolutely needed to get my front brake pads replaced after he fixed some rear diff noise I was getting. I say nah and had a look at the pads about a week later and they've got about a year on them. He did good work but I'm now unsure of his trustworthiness.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aule
Oct 16, 2019
Been summoned for Jury duty 😭