Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Someone may have made a terrible mistake :v:

EDIT: could have been worse.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Clockwork Cove 10B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves1 to F7. Door (g) closes! Stone Golem 6 suffers 4 Trap damage! Moves1 to pressure plate (c). Door (g) opens! HEAL2, Self.
Stone Golem 6 is killed! Coin detroyed by the door.
Master Splinter is at 9 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (top)! No action taken. Loses INVISIBLE token.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Ancient Artillery 1! Moves2 to E2. Attacks Ancient Artillery 1 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (2base, x2mod) damage! Loses STRENGTHENED token.
- Pikachu uses Patch Fur (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to HEAL4, Self. Gains 1XP.
Ash the Bear is at 14 HP.
- Pikachu uses Maul (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Ancient Artillery 1 for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 1 is killed!

Elephant Ambush your orders assumed the door was going to be closed, so you only had a "heal bear" order in. I've used Maul on the Artillery mostly cause this will probably lead to less total damage (7+POISON vs 10 without POISON) due to the PUSH moving Ash outside of Ooze 10(s) range. Otoh this way the bear gets POISONED, so It's a difficult judgment call and I could have used the player's input on this :v:

71. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage.
Ash is at 11 HP.

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (bot)! HEAL3, Self.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 8 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (top)! Recovers all her LOST cards! CANNOT BE RECOVERED!
DARK is now strong.

85. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 2(s) focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.
Ash is at 9 HP.
- Ooze 6 focuses Ash! No action taken.
- Ooze 9(s) focuses Ash! PUSH1 and POISON Ash! Ash is pushed to door hex (g) Attacks Ash for 4 (3base, +0mod, POISON) damage.
Ash is at 5 HP and is POISONED!
- Ooze 10(s) focuses Ash! No action taken.

:gibs:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Pikachu's deck is shuffled.
- DARK is now waning.
- ICE is now inert.
- LIGHT is now inert.
"Scenario Special Rules:
"

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jan 30, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Well Hell. and this isn't even the last room.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This mission really is the worst

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm long resting TIG and discarding Gnawing Horde

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Bear will die if long rest. Please bear no die.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

He doesn't have a choice. No cards.

Bear is dead unless the slimes multiply. Leaving the door open was an extremely bad idea.

Edit: I guess you could leeroy with the boots of speed and the multitarget spellweaver card plus battle axe.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 30, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Well Master Splinter could Short Rest, but there's not much she can do from where she's standing, unless we want the Bear to be crushed by the door.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bear will die if long rest. Please bear no die.

I can short rest instead, but like we can't keep loving around or we are going to run out of cards

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'll run all the way in and kill some Oozes without getting on the plate. I might be able to draw some aggro away from the bear that way.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Actually, there's a good way to handle your current situation without taking forever OR getting the bear killed, turns out. You can do this!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
TIG I would like to short rest before this round starts

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Eh, there are at least 150 other bears where Ash came from. If he dies Pikachu can go catch another or have Nurse Clefairy and her assistant Joy heal him up back in town

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

TIG I would like to short rest before this round starts

You would lose Into the Night, reroll for 1HP? You can't re-roll again (but Into the Night would be safe from the reroll).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm ok with that

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slaan posted:

Eh, there are at least 150 other bears where Ash came from. If he dies Pikachu can go catch another or have Nurse Clefairy and her assistant Joy heal him up back in town

So what happens if the Bear does die?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

He's removed from the board and you probably lose the scenario, but magically comes back for subsequent scenarios the same way as if a hero gets exhausted in a previous scenario.

He does not have to die though and I have confidence y'all can figure this out and win.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah if he dies we're hosed. I know that neither of you are tanks but I really need you to tank for Ash. I can't lose cards to prevent damage done to him.

I also just used my heal and I'd have to short rest to get it back, and even then all it would do is clear poison.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

You can probably win the scenario no matter what with a few moves :ssh:

(Although you may have to sacrifice any extra loot).

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

From some turns ago:

Omobono posted:

Alternate plan: open up the last room and then step off the pressure plates to seal it. Megumin and Master Splinter loot the side rooms, then Pikachu swaps into the last room, goes invisible and triggers the "we win" button next turn.

loving cheesy, but it's a win. Looting the side rooms is probably out of the question now though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm down with that

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sounds good

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can do that this round if we want to go that route.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah if he dies we're hosed. I know that neither of you are tanks but I really need you to tank for Ash. I can't lose cards to prevent damage done to him.

Bear special rules card says: "A player can lose cards as normal to negate damage done to the Beast Tyrant or the bear."

Unless you mean you have two cards left and don't want to short rest even if it means losing the bear, in which case, never mind.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Narsham posted:

Bear special rules card says: "A player can lose cards as normal to negate damage done to the Beast Tyrant or the bear."

Unless you mean you have two cards left and don't want to short rest even if it means losing the bear, in which case, never mind.

Yeah I meant the latter, sorry. This rouns is my last 2 cards unless you think I should short rest and I think that's probably a good idea.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Are we planning to cheese the ending with Pikachu's swap card? That will influence my plan and whether I short rest first.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Are we planning to cheese the ending with Pikachu's swap card? That will influence my plan and whether I short rest first.

Yes.

TIG I am short resting and protecting Patch Fur.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm going to short rest and protect Mana Bolt.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

TIG I am short resting and protecting Patch Fur.
You have lost Relentless Ally.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm going to short rest and protect Mana Bolt.
You have lost Flashing Burst.

Please amend your orders if necessary (or send them in if you haven't done so yet :) )

EDIT: I have everyone orders already, but SalTheBard's ones are still the "Long Rest" orders, and I think they had changed their mind about that, so I'll wait for a confirmation before proceeding :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Arghhh sorry! Awful Big Brother ate up my day sorry!!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Clockwork Cove 11A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Master Splinter Short Rests, loses Into the Night.
- Lina Megumin Inverse Short Rests, loses Flashing Burst.
- Pikachu Short Rests, loses Relentless Ally.
"Scenario Special Rules:
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

MORE. OOZES.

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Ride the Wind.
(Hand6, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"RIDE THE WIND (83) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE8, Jump - Generate AIR - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Scurry.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 29 with Energizing Strike and Vicious Ally.

29. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"ENERGIZING STRIKE (29) [Lvl2]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4 - STRENGTHEN, Self - XP1
BOT: HEAL1, affect all Allies."

"VICIOUS ALLY (86) [Lvl3]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Swamp Alligator (HP5, MOVE2, ATK3, IMMOBILIZE) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2, Target2 - XP1"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Backseat driver version now that you’ve submitted.

Was really hoping to see disorienting roar from the beast tyrant, and whatever the target 3 card from the spellweaver is called.

Ash moves first, kills the top ooze.

If oozes are splitting (like this turn) and thus not dangerous to Ash, disorienting roar switches the spellweaver and cannon. Patch fur removes poison.

Spellweaver target 3 with battle axe to kill the remaining 3 oozes.

Cannon ineffectively plinks at Splinter, who can handle it. Room is now cleared, bear is no longer poisoned, and only two cards lost in the process.

Hope the “disorienting roar for a quick win once the final plate is exposed” plan works too though!

FairGame fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 31, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm actually happy they're splitting just so they're not attacking.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't have a Battle Axe nor would that do anything for Fire Orbs.

Fire Orbs was my original plan, but due to initiative numbers, I needed to make sure I would be able to open the door before Pikachu to ensure we finished this round.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Some Numbers posted:

I don't have a Battle Axe nor would that do anything for Fire Orbs.

Fire Orbs was my original plan, but due to initiative numbers, I needed to make sure I would be able to open the door before Pikachu to ensure we finished this round.

Sorry, not battle axe. Piercing bow. "The thing that ignores their 1 shield"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Okay so what's the plan for this turn and next? All I'm doing this turn is chainsawing oozes.

Next turn I should use the bottom of Disorienting Roar and ???

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm Riding the Wind to open and shut the doors and shoot a thing

I'll try to Fire Orbs next turn to get some last minute XP.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A headsup everyone: you have time to properly plan this Turn, as I am going to leave tomorrow morning and come back Sunday evening, so I won't be able to update before Monday morning GMT!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess I'm going to move towards the door then. I totally forgot that the door would be closed on my move :( Should I move towards the other room and attempt to loot it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm Riding the Wind to open and shut the doors and shoot a thing

I'll try to Fire Orbs next turn to get some last minute XP.

When you say "open and shut the doors", do you mean you're moving onto pressure plate D, then stepping off?

Because, well for one, the bear is standing on the doorway, and will take trap damage unless the Mindthief doesn't move.

Also, the scenario rules are a little weird here - in order to open the doors to the side rooms (i and j) a player needs to occupy pressure plate D at the end of their turn. Once that's done though, those two doors are permanently open.