Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

britain's still subject to all eu rules for another year, brexit day + 1 isn't going to be notably different apart from any eu flags going away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

they get a lot of mileage out of the chlorine chickens meme

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

britain's still subject to all eu rules for another year, brexit day + 1 isn't going to be notably different apart from any eu flags going away

and all the bonging

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

seems like it is really is the will of the people, rip your dumb racist country and probably also our dumb racist country

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

Not in Scotland, the Scottish parliament voted to keep the EU flags on government buildings

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

marktheando posted:

Not in Scotland, the Scottish parliament voted to keep the EU flags on government buildings

Hell yeah Fleg War II bring it on

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

they get a lot of mileage out of the chlorine chickens meme

Yeah you just rinse and repeat

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

So is the first, Brexit happened and things aren't noticeably different, article expected to hit at 12:01 or what?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how long until England applies for Eu membership ?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the overhyping of brexit is imo one of the reasons why johnson won. people were being obviously and totally hysterical about the collapse of the british state, as though the consequence of a bad trading relationship with the rest of the world is mad max rather than everything just getting moderately shittier - to the voters who decided this election, things have been getting moderately shittier at every turn since the early eighties, so when city-dwellers started loudly wailing at getting a taste of it, that naturally lends itself to a powerful spite vote. worse, when the actual consequences manifest and purchasing power goes down a bit and all the services get shittier etc, almost no matter how bad it gets it's going to fall short of the rabid overhyping that remainer types were pushing and the brexiteers can safely say 'is this it?'

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

how long until England applies for Eu membership ?

later than scotland, and scotland will never let england back in lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Truga posted:

later than scotland, and scotland will never let england back in lol

the return of the Auld Alliance !

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Not sure where Politico is going with this one...

quote:

Unlike other historic British withdrawals that threw the rights of citizens and residents up into the air, there will be no grand ceremonies or scenes of violence to mark Brexit.

In Brussels, the official Brexit documents were signed at 2 a.m. Friday, and starting on Wednesday, British flags will be discreetly removed from EU buildings over the course of three days. The European Parliament’s Union Jack flag will be consigned to a nearby history museum.

Compare that to the 1947 partition process that created India and Pakistan. Britain’s chaotic withdrawal from the area displaced around 14 million people and left at least 200,000 dead. Britain’s efforts to leave Palestine and allow the birth of two countries, including the Jewish state of Israel, led to a war from 1947 to 1949.

When Britain left Hong Kong in 1997, there was no blood, but its residents were left in a suspended state of partial democracy. Today, they make the same demands to Chinese authorities for self-determination, and the same demands for British citizenship, that London turned down in the 1980s.

As a heartbroken EU fractures and Britain forges a new path, this time the pain will be felt in customs paperwork and passport checks rather than blood and bodies.

Brexit: At least it's not a genocide this time.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

yet

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Dravs posted:

I think the idea is that people stand outside their houses and shout 'BOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG' at midnight, I wish I was making that up.
a montage of brexiters looking out their window and yelling i'm mad as hell, and im gonna BOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Just having a hearty chuckle that if Britain ever decides to come back no way will they ever get the perks and exemptions they had before this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Britain isn’t ever coming back. England maybe.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

euphronius posted:

Britain isn’t ever coming back. England maybe.

I thought it was only the EU that was fracturing?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Is Chlorine Chicken a mega man X reference

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Is Chlorine Chicken a mega man X reference

No, it's a reference to the fact that mass produced chickens in the US are kept in conditions that cause them to have severe bacterial infections/ open sores/ deformed bodies and washing their corpses in chlorine is the only way they are fit for human consumption without people randomly dying of horrific chicken borne diseases.

Producing chicken like this in the EU is illegal as gently caress, so chlorine washing is not needed.

Once we leave the EU we will be free to roll back consumer protections like this so we can destroy our own farming industry for some of that sweet sweet disease chicken from the US.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dravs posted:

I think the idea is that people stand outside their houses and shout 'BOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG' at midnight, I wish I was making that up.

as a token of our deepening bond, here is a commemorative sign from Wisconsin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

An insane mind posted:

I thought it was only the EU that was fracturing?

pretty sure Scotland is gonna bolt at the first opportunity and is only part of the UK at present because the decision for another indyref is up to Boris and the Torises

Dravs posted:

No, it's a reference to the fact that mass produced chickens in the US are kept in conditions that cause them to have severe bacterial infections/ open sores/ deformed bodies and washing their corpses in chlorine is the only way they are fit for human consumption without people randomly dying of horrific chicken borne diseases.

Producing chicken like this in the EU is illegal as gently caress, so chlorine washing is not needed.

Once we leave the EU we will be free to roll back consumer protections like this so we can destroy our own farming industry for some of that sweet sweet disease chicken from the US.

oh yeah get ready to have to keep eggs refrigerated at all times

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gonna buy a bunch of British real estate next year and become the new landed gentry. Provide my subjects with canned food.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/status/1222864870695227398?s=20

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

congrats!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Recursively cursed image.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
That picture is so cursed even the bot farms are staying away from the twitter thread.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

An insane mind posted:

Just having a hearty chuckle that if Britain ever decides to come back no way will they ever get the perks and exemptions they had before this.

love it when all the rich people's plans work and all the poor people pay hahah - cspam

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZcYPEszN8

but it's brexit time

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/ItsEdSinclair/status/1222877358308429825
David Walliams?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that looks like Sherlock Holmes sitting room

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/DVATW/status/1222874838156693504

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Taking back your sovereignty from the unelected bureaucrats of Europe and handing it over immediately to the unelected royal family. :britain:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope they also do the bong when the UK falls apart because the Scottish and Irish are not as insane as the English

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the welsh? I don't know

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Is she the lady who posted that cringey photo of herself with a target on her face or something :qq:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alnilam posted:

Is she the lady who posted that cringey photo of herself with a target on her face or something :qq:

She's the one that kept bragging about how much water she could haul around in her apparently cavernous vagina

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

*edit* no point kicking people while they're down

we'll have to treat the UK with kid gloves till they dissolve

Relevant Tangent has issued a correction as of 17:15 on Jan 30, 2020

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/JeremyDixonDJ/status/1216074722036912128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb