Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

i have been enjoying everybody's golf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

i have been enjoying everybody's golf

what a golfhog. leave some golf for the rest of us!

Scaly Haylie

everybody is golf

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
its me im golf

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the switch shmup I have is danmaku which was very cheap and looks very very pretty when I’m high but I don’t know enough about the genre to know if it’s any good

biosterous

i got the "tale of two wastelands" mod working for fallout new vegas and this is gonna take a lot of my spare time now

i have no idea how many playthroughs of fnv i've done by now. love that game!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

i got the "tale of two wastelands" mod working for fallout new vegas and this is gonna take a lot of my spare time now

this is a game i need to figure out how to mod. i love it so very much, and when i moved into my place last month, before the internet was set up, i started a new file, just to dick around a bit, but mostly just to use the radio as background music to my flu madness.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
i reinstalled Knights of The Old Republic. First playthrough I'd gotten to the Star Map on Kashyyyk and partway through Tatooine, I think. didn't have a cloud save file so i replayed those and now i'm on manaan which was slow but just picked up. pretty fun. i hear kotor2 is even better but i wanna finish this one first.

ToxicFrog

biosterous posted:

Is that the one that merges FO3 and FNV?

I've been struck by a sudden need to play Morrowind again, so I've installed Morroblivion, but I haven't had a chance to actually play it because my daughter keeps hogging the computer :argh:

Heather Papps

hello friend

one of the best mods for skyrim is the random alternate start whatever. it just drops you off at a random point somewhere in the map, and the dragon stuff doesn't start till you go to helgen.
i find for big open world wrpgs i start a bunch of characters and rarely do anything of note with them.
i've walked thru that drat ship like a million times, and actually finished the game proper maybe once?

if the oblivion morrowind mod is done maybe i'll check that out...

Lazy_Liberal

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

garbage owl posted:

i reinstalled Knights of The Old Republic. First playthrough I'd gotten to the Star Map on Kashyyyk and partway through Tatooine, I think. didn't have a cloud save file so i replayed those and now i'm on manaan which was slow but just picked up. pretty fun. i hear kotor2 is even better but i wanna finish this one first.

I've always heard that kotor 2 was noticeably unfinished. please update the thread when you play it because I've been holding off for years!

ToxicFrog

Heather Papps posted:

one of the best mods for skyrim is the random alternate start whatever. it just drops you off at a random point somewhere in the map, and the dragon stuff doesn't start till you go to helgen.
i find for big open world wrpgs i start a bunch of characters and rarely do anything of note with them.
i've walked thru that drat ship like a million times, and actually finished the game proper maybe once?

if the oblivion morrowind mod is done maybe i'll check that out...

It's not like fully polished 1.0 done, but all of Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon can be played through start to finish and the stuff that isn't done is mostly minor polish stuff. And while it hasn't seen a new major release since 2014 people have continued making bugfixes for it, which people on the forums have helpfully rolled into two big patches (unofficial morroblivion patch + combined hotfix patch).

There's also optional mods to start you in Oblivion and let you travel to Morrowind later, or start you at a random place in Morrowind rather than in the ship at Seyda Neen.

My biggest beef with it is that people have written a lot of upgrades for it (texture/model replacements, magic improvements, etc) and almost all of those have been rolled into either the main morroblivion release or the unofficial patch, but not all of them, and usually both the mod authors and the morroblivion maintainers are really bad at mentioning when that's happened, so if you just want to install Morroblivion it's pretty straightforward but if you want to install Morroblivion + eye candy and stuff figuring out what exactly you need to add to it and what's already built in is a pain

I'm taking notes as I go so maybe I can do a helpful effortpost once it's all set up and running

biosterous

ToxicFrog posted:

Is that the one that merges FO3 and FNV?

yeah! it also adds a bunch of neat stuff - all the fo3 perks that weren't in fnv are back, but the boring ones (+5 to two skills :effort:) all get changed into interesting things like "get a discount at shops, and gain extra experience for speech checks" or "weapons have less spread and degrade slower".

gallery of sigs

he/him

Bobby Deluxe

ToxicFrog posted:

My biggest beef with it is that people have written a lot of upgrades for it (texture/model replacements, magic improvements, etc) and almost all of those have been rolled into either the main morroblivion release or the unofficial patch, but not all of them, and usually both the mod authors and the morroblivion maintainers are really bad at mentioning when that's happened, so if you just want to install Morroblivion it's pretty straightforward but if you want to install Morroblivion + eye candy and stuff figuring out what exactly you need to add to it and what's already built in is a pain
a lot of modding communities end up mired by stuff like this where they start out wanting to fix errors and ends with the tenth head of the mod team insisting that mjoll the lioness be replaced with an anime ten titted half manatee

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

:( i have a friend who plays it on ps4 and i do not have nor do i have the money to get a ps4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Heather Papps

hello friend

watho posted:

:( i have a friend who plays it on ps4 and i do not have nor do i have the money to get a ps4

the wait for death stranding gives me time to upgrade my pc, i say to myself, sobbing

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Heather Papps posted:

the wait for death stranding gives me time to upgrade my pc, i say to myself, sobbing

I'm waiting for it on PC, I want to play that at 1440p144 instead of 1080p30. Same reason I picked up the Mon Hun expansion for PC instead of PS4, well that and the base game was really cheap and the expansion was the same on both when I got around to wanting to play it was 2 days until it was out for PC.

PC Mon Hun looks way way better, I had to change my textures from the extra good looking ones that are a free DLC though, they use more than 8GB of RVAM at 1440p with the new Master Rank armor. Played perfectly fine until I got to the new content then it was sudden 100FPS to 20FPS for 5-6 seconds every 5 minutes, always at the worst time. I then enabled my videocards overlay and had way too many graphs but did spot that VRAM was full and swapping with system RAM a lot and adjusted my settings.

I hope Death Stranding PC supports HDR, Mon Hun is the first game I've played that actually supports HDR and man do I look at every single sunset for way too long. Kind of wondering what it would look like on a good HDR monitor instead of a high refresh rate monitor with half baked HDR.

sig by owlhawk911

ToxicFrog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

a lot of modding communities end up mired by stuff like this where they start out wanting to fix errors and ends with the tenth head of the mod team insisting that mjoll the lioness be replaced with an anime ten titted half manatee

It's not even that, it's just that most of the mod team lost interest after v64, there's a concrete list of stuff they want to merge into v65 but at the moment there's one guy working on it for like ten minutes a month, so the merged version doesn't exist yet

Also, there's some stuff on the list that was already merged into v64

Also the actual website all of this is coordinated on is a complete disaster

Heather Papps

hello friend

ToxicFrog posted:

It's not even that, it's just that most of the mod team lost interest after v64, there's a concrete list of stuff they want to merge into v65 but at the moment there's one guy working on it for like ten minutes a month, so the merged version doesn't exist yet

Also, there's some stuff on the list that was already merged into v64

Also the actual website all of this is coordinated on is a complete disaster

if we mean the oblivion mod, i mean i'd kinda feel like the wind was out of my sails if i was on the team and then skyrim came out and then skywind started dropping trailers.

it's a noble effort but it's like those sci fi stories where ships put folk in cryosleep to go colonize planets, but the time they spend in transit is long enough for us to develop new tech that allows ships built a hundred years later to arrive a thousand years before the first gen colony ships.

or something.

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
COMEDIAN IN DEATH STRANDING UNIVERSE:

so the only thing that doesn't degrade from Timefall is Sam's suit... so why don't they just make whole cargo container -- OUT OF SAM'S SUIT??

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Bonaventure posted:

COMEDIAN IN DEATH STRANDING UNIVERSE:

so the only thing that doesn't degrade from Timefall is Sam's suit... so why don't they just make whole cargo container -- OUT OF SAM'S SUIT??

This reminds me of a joke from an old episode of Norm Macdonald's podcast. He write a bunch of jokes and has people read them out. This clip starts at the joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqEf-0tC0Fo&t=2573s

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick's super everdrive came in and he is playimg The Stories of Ihatovo with his daughter. Because he is the kind of snob who won t discuss an anime with you unless it is Spring and Chaos.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Kentucky Route Zero is finished and on consoles too I urge everyone to try it

biosterous

https://playoutworlder.com/demo

rad demo for a rad goon-made game. if you enjoy the demo the preorder is also live

gallery of sigs

he/him

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Not to dredge up souls chat again but.... My name placard thing at work has a dark souls bonfire in the background and I've regretted that choice more than a few times.

Yinlock

okiedoke posted:

Not to dredge up souls chat again but.... My name placard thing at work has a dark souls bonfire in the background and I've regretted that choice more than a few times.

"you're probably going to die and have to respawn during this meeting" is a strong business opener

Heather Papps

hello friend

okiedoke posted:

my truck has a foxhound logo on it, the profile of the lightning footed fox, and a few times i've gotten comments on it at drive thrus, and i am waiting, patiently waiting, to be greeted at a timmies by "kept you waiting, hunh?" instead of "oh i luv metal gear" cause gently caress that would be cool.

but yeah i feel that. there's a reason as i aged i shifted from like "wow i can buy a shirt with a triforce on it this is so cool" to "if i wear a triforce shirt there is a significantly higher chance of me having an unpleasant social interaction."

French Accent

i have finished halo reach with a friend tonight. my favorite part of this game was attempting to drag vehicles in parts of the level where you're not supposed to have a vehicle

ToxicFrog

Heather Papps posted:

if we mean the oblivion mod, i mean i'd kinda feel like the wind was out of my sails if i was on the team and then skyrim came out and then skywind started dropping trailers.

it's a noble effort but it's like those sci fi stories where ships put folk in cryosleep to go colonize planets, but the time they spend in transit is long enough for us to develop new tech that allows ships built a hundred years later to arrive a thousand years before the first gen colony ships.

or something.

I mean, yeah, on the one hand Skywind probably has sapped some energy from Morroblivion.

On the other hand those trailers are complete vapourware, because while Morroblivion is based on converting the Morrowind assets to Oblivion format and then bugfixing those and porting the scripts (still a herculean task), Skywind is based on remaking all of Morrowind, all the models, textures, terrain, cells, sounds, everything, from scratch and, years on, they're still trying to find more model/texture artists and don't even have a playable prototype.

Probably because of this, they aren't planning to remake the expansions, either.

It just makes me grumpy because Morroblivion is like 95% done and playable start to finish, main game and both expansions, and all it really needs at this point is some polish: merge all the patches/bugfixes since v64 into the ESM, merge the texture/model replacers into the asset pack or make a separate "fancier but less true to the original game" pack that contains them, move the recommended/compatible mods list off the forums and onto the main website where people can actually find it, and you've eliminated most of the headache, which is running around the morroblivion forums trying to figure out which fixes/upgrades are included in v64 and which ones need to be installed separately.

And I'd really like to see Morroblivion go "hey! skywind looks like it's going to be amazing, but it's not done yet! but if you want to play Morrowind right now and also turn into a werewolf and poo poo, go download morroblivion_v65_actually_user_friendly_installer.exe and let it handle all the setup for you!"

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

help I bought pillars of eternity again for the switch this time

help convince me I’ll actually play it this time

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

food court bailiff posted:

help I bought pillars of eternity again for the switch this time

help convince me I’ll actually play it this time

hey you should actually play it this time

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

beer pal

theres too many video games. how am i gonna play them all.

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Heather Papps

hello friend

beer pal posted:

pick one!
if you're anything like me this is the only way to play one game for about 15 minutes, decide you picked the wrong game, start another, realize it's past midnight and honestly dude you should get your rear end to bed.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

beer pal posted:

Congratulations you have grown up and no longer have more free time than money to spend on games. The short answer is you do not, you now need to pick what games to play and can't play everything that's slightly popular. If a game doesn't hook you in the first 30 minutes it's not worth playing.

The fun part is that demos haven't been a thing for a long time, they are making a come back, but bargin bin priced games 6 months after release is where we went instead which honestly isn't bad if you are good at figuring out if you would like a game from a game play video. I much prefer demos, there games that look dull in video but are fun to play, and games that look fun but are frustrating to control and therefor not fun.

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

ToxicFrog posted:

And I'd really like to see Morroblivion go "hey! skywind looks like it's going to be amazing, but it's not done yet! but if you want to play Morrowind right now and also turn into a werewolf and poo poo, go download morroblivion_v65_actually_user_friendly_installer.exe and let it handle all the setup for you!"

make a youtube video about this i had no idea.

the thing about these megamods is the average person checks in once in a while, is like "oh neat" and then waits for it to be at a playable stage. this, all that, is new info to me, because again, it's a huge rear end thing i figured wasn't done anyways.

so after discussing this i installed vortex and did some modstuff to skyrim and it's p neat. i had already messed around with workshop stuff but vortex has some sort of circuit board system and i figured i better do this with something i understand.

i sunk a lot of time into morrowind and skyrim, plus arena and daggerfall i guess, later on, but uh i kinda completely skipped oblivion cause i didn't like playing it on console and i was not a pc game dude at the time. now that i've kinda figured out the mod process with vortex i am pretty jazzed to mess around with new vegas and oblivion because i never have played them anyway but vanilla.

Bobby Deluxe

demos might be making a comeback because of the whole 'playable first bit while the rest of the game downloads' thing

beer pal

the problem with games imo is that theyre all too long

beer pal

big part of it really is that i got a new computer and i can play a bunch of games that i couldnt previously so its a bit overwhelming

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bobby Deluxe posted:

demos might be making a comeback because of the whole 'playable first bit while the rest of the game downloads' thing

i want physical inserts as drm, and also, thumbdrives with demos handed out.

what really sucks is i understand why these things don't happen. digital drm is much more attractive to developers and demos can be broken and now oh shoot your game got spoiled cause the final boss model wasn't actually deleted or something.

there was a brief period in the 2000s where thumbdrives where cheap and new and bands would package one with a cd, with digital copies of the album and cool bonus stuff, but then, well, internet got fast and destroyed any form of physical media as a legit business model.

frig.

anyways games are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

Heather Papps posted:

pick one!
if you're anything like me this is the only way to play one game for about 15 minutes, decide you picked the wrong game, start another, realize it's past midnight and honestly dude you should get your rear end to bed.

also this problem too like i get home from work at like 6:30 and make dinner and then its like 7:30 and of course i need to putz around on the internet for an hour and then what am i gonna play a big involved game when i can only sit down for like 2h before i gotta start getting ready for bed? it sucks so now i pretty much only play on the weekend and then on the weekend im like wouldnt i rather spend my day reading a book if ive got a whole day to spare