Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/CommunistPeter/status/1222730864242462720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mackers posted:

my mom wanted me to fly home because of this media coronavirus bullshit.

is this poo poo any more imporant than the loving flu? I am not a geriatric. I have an immune system. Shes flipping out from the 24/7 bombardment

I mean it has the potential to be pretty serious and infect a lot of people. It's airborne, can survive on surfaces, and has a 14 day incubation period where you can still infect other people while not actively showing symptoms yourself.

And I think they said something like 2% of people who catch it die, so if it infects enough people it could be fairly lethal in terms of pure numbers.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Mackers posted:

loving mainland europe. i can fuckin imagine the bullshit shes been watching

naw that's normal mom stuff. Mine didn't let me go to Europe in the early aughts due to 9/11 lmao

probably much higher chance of catching this poo poo in an airport

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

fraud guarantee

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
we're on calendar year 5 of trump

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

JAMOOOL posted:

reeeeeeal easy to envision exactly how this went down

two drunk exurban dads fighting over private property with a series of escalating events

its like Grumpy Old Men, but stupid and sad

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

fun historical fact: John Trump, Donald's uncle, was hired by the FBI to read through Tesla's note to find out if he'd invented a death ray

the president is continuing his family's legacy of protecting thomas edison

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mackers posted:

loving mainland europe. i can fuckin imagine the bullshit shes been watching

your mom is a loving idiot

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
got em’

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1222955730900279296?s=21

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

I know he probably means it would cause a resurgence of US factory jobs, which... still makes no sense, but he could in theory be right if it chainsaws through all the old rear end boomers still sitting on extant perfectly good positions they don’t need anymore.

Like, my wife’s dad literally kept his job until his factory closed, despite being a millionaire landlord. He could have retired early around when I met her in 04 since his storage business and rental properties were taking off, it he needed that good rear end feeling of having all the positions, I guess.

Though who am I kidding they’d probably just retire the positions with the boomer and call it a net win.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

your mom is a loving idiot

wow shes gonna kick your fuckin rear end when i tell her

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

how bad does this poo poo have to get until random rear end citizens can sue roberts for letting this farce continue

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1222636312928362502?s=21

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

mysterious frankie posted:

I know he probably means it would cause a resurgence of US factory jobs, which... still makes no sense, but he could in theory be right if it chainsaws through all the old rear end boomers still sitting on extant perfectly good positions they don’t need anymore.

Like, my wife’s dad literally kept his job until his factory closed, despite being a millionaire landlord. He could have retired early around when I met her in 04 since his storage business and rental properties were taking off, it he needed that good rear end feeling of having all the positions, I guess.

Though who am I kidding they’d probably just retire the positions with the boomer and call it a net win.

if the virus was so serious that importing our slave made wares from 3rd and developing nations became untenable, it would probably trigger a recession first, and its not like we can spring up factories over night because we've spent so much on wars and we are still trying to get the F35 off the ground

we can't afford it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

kaleedity posted:

how bad does this poo poo have to get until random rear end citizens can sue roberts for letting this farce continue

denied due to lack of standing

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/tparsi/status/1222949607375867907?s=19

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:wth:

:wth:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mackers posted:

wow shes gonna kick your fuckin rear end when i tell her

tell your mom to pass the bong

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bearjew posted:

Why not?

*gets an A on his paper*

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Bearjew posted:

i feel your existential dread, op

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

what if Trump's Hog is gigantic but also shaped like a mushroom?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

imagine living next to Rand Paul and seeing his dog's doodoo everywhere because he expects the invisible hand of the free market to solve the problem

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

eric ciaramella posted:

denied due to lack of standing
THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY THE POSTER'S COUNSEL

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

The Alpha Centauri posted:

i feel your existential dread, op

sorry, i was channeling joe biden

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Wrex Ruckus posted:

imagine living next to Rand Paul and seeing his dog's doodoo everywhere because he expects the invisible hand of the free market to solve the problem

if you're living next to rand paul you're at least half as much of a poo poo as he is imo

i mean he probably lives in a million plus dollar house surrounded by other like-minded individuals

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wrex Ruckus posted:

the invisible hand of the free market would be hurling water balloons full of roundup into his yard constantly if that was the case

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

in which the idiot failson argues for witnesses lol

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1222958119124373505

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

trump absolutely commissioned this himself

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

FAUXTON posted:

the invisible hand of the free market would be hurling water balloons full of salts into his yard constantly if that was the case

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
please stop posting the donald sex comic

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Bearjew posted:

sorry, i was channeling joe biden

abandoning Bernie before Iowa

what's going on around here?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

didn't this dude have to shut down the trump chairty thing because they were stealing from it?

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

fits my needs posted:

tell your mom to pass the bong

i hope youre ready to be humiliated by a grown woman in front of all your pals

one of these days ill tell her what you implied

fuckinhg batsrad

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
Hakeem Jeffreies lacks something in his rhetoric

its just kind of flat and lacks emotion

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Post the full thing

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

which subforum is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

The Alpha Centauri posted:

if the virus was so serious that importing our slave made wares from 3rd and developing nations became untenable, it would probably trigger a recession first, and its not like we can spring up factories over night because we've spent so much on wars and we are still trying to get the F35 off the ground

we can't afford it

Yeah, agreed. I just think that’s what his untilled, loamy old mind conjured up as a silver lining. In his pastel colored fantasy world women would dance around maypoles as hale and hearty men, fire truck red lunch pails in hand, would line up to receive their dignity medals before heading into factories for the first day of their 70k a year job hot gluing rhinestones to sweatshirts.