Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They could be just lying about B. Arrowman not coming back.

I mean, John's currently very good at lying about not being a unicorn, so… :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I want to catch up but started to be bored of the 11th season (got through 5 episodes).

Can I just skip the 11th and just start with the holiday episode and not be lost?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Indeed you can.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’d watch It Takes You Away on account of being good and bonkers.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I could barely make it through Capaldis run, Jenna carried me through that.
Couldn't stand him as the Doctor.
Now I really like Jodie as the Doctor again but can't stand the stories.
At least i'll still have Eccleston, Tennant and Smith.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

OgNar posted:

I could barely make it through Capaldis run, Jenna carried me through that.
Couldn't stand him as the Doctor.
Now I really like Jodie as the Doctor again but can't stand the stories.
At least i'll still have Eccleston, Tennant and Smith.

Wow, most people liked Capaldi but hated Jenna Coleman. I enjoyed both.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, most people liked Capaldi but hated Jenna Coleman. I enjoyed both.
I didn't like Clara at all until she was Capaldi's buddy. Her Smith run was fuckin' blah right up until Day of the Doctor, where she finally became kinda' rad.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Clara’s power trip and it getting her killed was a great arc, if only slightly undercut by Hellbent.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Clara's arc gave us Heaven Sent, which might be one of the best episodes of the decade, of any show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bill was the better 12th Doctor companion anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Clara was great as soon as they got past that impossible poo poo. I was sad to see her go. I've really soured on Bill over the last two years.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Jenna Coleman was a solid actor, which made up for Clara being a bit bland and lacking in clear motivation. I liked her well enough in series 7b, enjoyed her the most in series 8 (despite the anemic Danny Pink plotline), but she stuck around too long and had too many false exits.

Agreed on Bill being the superior companion though. She's probably my second-favourite revival-era companion after Donna.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Look at this gorgeous shot. My new phone lock screen.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Clara was great as soon as they got past that impossible poo poo. I was sad to see her go. I've really soured on Bill over the last two years.

Yeah she's not been pulling her weight these last few episodes.

(Actually, what changed your mind tho. Normally distance makes me like a companion or an era more. Case in point, last night i went back and rewatched Last Christmas and ended up binging a bunch of season 9, and it's really enjoyable in a way I didn't appreciate last time through).

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

It's a little on the dark side, but that's presumably deliberate to suit Doctor Ruth's character. Turn up the dimmer switch and I'd be happy if Jodie ended up with it.

I'll admit that the re-dress of Thirteen's TARDIS has been kind of alright. Parts of it still look like a prison set from Farscape and the columns still look like a dead spider, but there have been several shots where I've thought it looked half-decent. The one of Tesla standing by the console at the climax of ep 4 for example.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just don’t like the crystal aesthetic because it reminds me of 9/10’s ugly coral theme. It’s too organic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve noticed the crystal fingers around the edge don’t go up and down any more with the time rotor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Clara and 12 played really, really well against each other. It's ironic that 11 was supposed to be the Doctor she truly knew but I felt far more chemistry between her and Capaldi. Bill was great and don't let anybody tell you any different, Bill ruled. :colbert:

Also please for the love of God don't skip It Takes You Away, it's a batshit insane episode and I love it so, so much.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I really want to at some point get a control room that has the classic visual styling but looks modern and expensive. Take that set right there and push some of the walls and bits and pieces back to make it look endless, like it's this little control room inside a truly massive machine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You don't like the new wheels?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That control room just looks so good.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

More like forgetta-Bill

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Bill was good but I don't feel they did enough with her. Needed another season.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
She didn't get as much focus as she should have in her last episode, because Moffat thought it was also Capaldi's and his last episode so he focused on the Doctor for a big statement about the character, then it turned out he was doing the Christmas special too and could have saved all the Doctor navel-gazing for that. As it was, Bill's final episode sold her short a bit and the Doctor's final episode just spent an hour spinning its wheels because we've already said what we want to say. Oh well!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you guys know Michelle Gomez is on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina?

And that they go out of their way to show off what a total smoke show she is?

Like drat.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Did you guys know Michelle Gomez is on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina?

And that they go out of their way to show off what a total smoke show she is?

Like drat.

Michelle Gomez is absurdly attractive. As is Orla Brady, and I’m very happy she’s in Star Trek: Picard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HD DAD posted:

Michelle Gomez is absurdly attractive. As is Orla Brady, and I’m very happy she’s in Star Trek: Picard.

HOLY poo poo THAT'S WHO THAT IS

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

The ROUND THINGS! I love the round things!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Vinylshadow posted:

The ROUND THINGS! I love the round things!

What are the round things?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It has seemed kind of weird for the new Tardis set to be so elaborate but it feels like Team Tardis is never in it compared to past series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Look how goddamned great this is man. Just a few simple add ons and it's perfect.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TL posted:

What are the round things?

No idea

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Imagine Ruth's TARDIS with Eleven and Twelve's mood lighting

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

Imagine Ruth's TARDIS with Eleven and Twelve's mood lighting

I like the flashy wall lighting bits

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Harlock posted:

It has seemed kind of weird for the new Tardis set to be so elaborate but it feels like Team Tardis is never in it compared to past series.

I look at it and I can't imagine anyone taking any downtime in there. Nowhere to have a snack.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The show looks so good visually since Chibnall took over but the TARDIS interior is the one place it all falls apart and it's such a drat shame.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, is that the Adventures In Space and Time console? Might be more evidence for a divergence from Hartnell.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Huh, is that the Adventures In Space and Time console? Might be more evidence for a divergence from Hartnell.

Probably, but it's hard to tell how much of that is genuine decision and how much of that is 'well, we've still got this prop in storage'.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Probably, but it's hard to tell how much of that is genuine decision and how much of that is 'well, we've still got this prop in storage'.

It's the BBC, it is ALWAYS the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yes, it’s done the rounds.

https://twitter.com/eddierobson/status/1222067268240265216