Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is the max XP from a daily quest 1000? Trying to decide if I should reroll to get a 1500 XP quest but I'm not sure if they exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

1500 xp quests exist. Not super common though.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Checked mine for today, and it's 1500xp for winning while having either of two specific champions in your deck

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I got a 1500xp today for playing 6 6-mana cards.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I think I'll stop playing until they balance elusive more. Its so much fun having every game just be the same elusive cards.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

breaks posted:

I think Thresh was the other one I was thinking of, but it wasn't quite as much of a wholesale gently caress this card as the Kalista change was.

A very accurate portrayal of Kalista in League, as it turns out :v:

Has anyone tried out a spellcast heavy Demacia/Piltzaun deck focusing on Ez and Lux? I feel like between the two you'd get a massive amount of free spells which both would want and can just cast spells all day while letting both ramp to an obscene degree. Lux doesnt have much base support but between the rest of P/Z's spellcasting and the Mageseeker archetype in Demacia I feel like there's some untapped synergy there.

e:

DurosKlav posted:

I think I'll stop playing until they balance elusive more. Its so much fun having every game just be the same elusive cards.

Yeah, I'm really tired of seeing the Dusk and Dawn + Empyrean combo.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Elusive really isn't unbeatable, it wasn't even particularly dangerous in the previous testing when everyone had the full collection. The issue is that Elusive looks to be very cheap in cards compared to a lot of the really vicious decks from the previous testing so everyone is defaulting to it instead of remembering the counters (that require more wild cards of higher types).

Okay actually I forgot Dusk and Dawn and the Empyrean existed.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 30, 2020

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Lord_Magmar posted:

Elusive really isn't unbeatable, it wasn't even particularly dangerous in the previous testing when everyone had the full collection. The issue is that Elusive looks to be very cheap in cards compared to a lot of the really vicious decks from the previous testing so everyone is defaulting to it instead of remembering the counters (that require more wild cards of higher types).

I'm also not that concerned about elusive either - at least for now. If they are still a problem when people have more complete collections, then maybe Riot can consider nerfs or printing some elusive hate cards.

Have Riot said anything about what the content release schedule will look like?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TyrantWD posted:

I'm also not that concerned about elusive either - at least for now. If they are still a problem when people have more complete collections, then maybe Riot can consider nerfs or printing some elusive hate cards.

Have Riot said anything about what the content release schedule will look like?

I mean as it stands the hate cards for Elusive are direct removal, because almost all of them are low statlines perfect for the majority of removal in the game already, as well as challengers, who generally will trade or outright beat an elusive of equal cost.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Okay actually I forgot Dusk and Dawn and the Empyrean existed.
People in closed betas are not good at finding the best decks (unless very obviously broken). Nobody was playing elusive handbuff in CB because they were not aware of it.

Elusive isnt ruining my fun, and there are technically decks that do well against specific elusive lists, but it seems generically too strong against the field so far in both constructed and expedition. Would not be surprised to see conspirator and either shadow assassin or lifeblade hit by a small numbers change at some point (making all three of these, especially shadow assassin, less common in expedition would make a big difference as well).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 30, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What would you guys think if units lost Elusive on nexus strike and Teemo and Ezreal and maybe some high tier followers got a new keyword that was the old elusive and they called it something like Extremely Elusive.

That way your not put on the clock because the other guy has unlimited free attacks that you have no way to respond to without very specific cards, but they can still be used as free damage once.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 30, 2020

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
It'd make most Elusive units real bad™.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

It'd make most Elusive units real bad™.

Stat lines can be adjusted on weaker elusive units, but would it make them feel more fair to fight against?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It'd make them really boring.

I wouldn't mind seeing elusive a bit more sprinkled into other units, so there's more blockers, or a Reach Equivalent (since Elusive is just flying).

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah the problem with Elusive is that the vast majority of Elusive units are jam packed into one faction that already has a lot of poo poo going for it (Ionia). For contrast Demacia has exactly One Elusive card. If you give more factions either more access to elusive or more access to its natural counters (Challenger, etc) then Elusive becomes weaker without having to negatively impact those cards directly.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

You would have to give Elusive units actually good stats to compensate, and thus people would hold them back buffing them until they could make that one safe hit instead of what happens now, where they are exposed to danger by attacking. If someone is racing you with elusives, it means you're not actually being threatening enough yourself.

They all have under-average stats for the cost (outside like one or two really specific elusive units), the only one that remotely could use a nerf is Shadow Assassin. For comparison's sake, the Empyrean is a 7 mana 6/5, other 7 mana cards include Yone, Windchaser (a 6/6 who stuns two units on entry, a much more devestating effect as a closer), Savage Reveler (a 7/4 with Overwhelm and Challenger who will run over cheap elusives and gets to pick who he's fighting in general), and of course Rhasa the Sunderer (a 7/5 that flat out kills two units and has fearsome).

It's a good card, no doubt, but all the 7 mana followers are good with game ending situations. The Empyrean is neither unique or particularly overpowered in this situation, it's a strong finisher which is good for the game.

A lot of the overstatted Elusives come at the cost of bouncing a different follower, and whilst this does technically help, it still puts you behind on mana. Which again brings us back to, if you're being outpaced by damage from an elusive deck, then build a deck that outpaces them, and if they have to block you then good, you've killed some of their elusives by forcing their blocks. Use removal on elusives, hold it up for the ones you know are dangerous. The handbuffs on Elusives are a thing sure, but they'd be a thing on any unit that was awkward to block.

I meant what I said, part of the issue is that a lot of the high tier decks from the previous testing are a lot more card cost intensive compared to elusives and other current top tier decks, as the playerbase's collection expands Elusive is going to start seeing counters.

Monathin posted:

Yeah the problem with Elusive is that the vast majority of Elusive units are jam packed into one faction that already has a lot of poo poo going for it (Ionia). For contrast Demacia has exactly One Elusive card. If you give more factions either more access to elusive or more access to its natural counters (Challenger, etc) then Elusive becomes weaker without having to negatively impact those cards directly.

Also this is very true, but Elusive is like, one of Ionia's three things (which every faction has) if it really is that overpowered then Riot have shown with this game they're willing to balance that stuff out, but I think it's early teething that's creating the current situation, not Elusive inherently being the best deck in the game.

For one thing, I'd rather play any number of games against Elusive than I would against full power Fiora/Shen, which is loving nightmarish when all the cards are available.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 30, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont think any 2 drop outpaces greenglade duo outside of the cant blockers. i think Noxus is the only faction that has been capable of outpacing elusives. This isnt what balance looks like (despite being playable), if it wasnt an open beta maybe I wouldnt expect changes.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 30, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Shoot it with any of the cheap removal effects that exist across most factions then. P&Z has a 2 mana 4/3 that also will out pace it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

No Wave posted:

I dont think any 2 drop outpaces greenglade duo.

Ah yes, the card that takes all of 1 damage to kill by default. Also Ionia has a 1 drop with a better version of it's effect (and no elusive), Piltover/Zaun has a 1 drop with the same growth for drawing cards (again no elusive), both of which survive against more removal spells than Greenblade Duo, which will die to literally every card in the game that can target it. Now maybe Greenblade Duo could be a 1/1, bat at that point I think it's actually unplayable.

Actually, Piltover and Zaun can block it by default with their 1 drop poro (which has elusive).

Yes if you let it attack unmolested it's going to do damage, but that's true of literally every card in the game.

Legends of Runeterra is a game that comes down to interaction, the more of it you have the better off you will be, and yes Elusive units let you block other Elusive units, but Challengers let you pull them out, often with better statlines, removal spells are cheap and plentiful, boardwipes are very good in this game.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 30, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

when you are suggesting putting elusive poro into your deck to counter a good card, that is a hint.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

No Wave posted:

when you are suggesting putting elusive poro into your deck to counter a good card, that is a hint.

I was listing examples of things that answer a 2 mana 2/1 with elusive (which is not very hard to do). I'm pretty sure if a 1 mana 1/1 is answering a 2 mana creature I'm ahead on that as far as resources spent. Every faction has somewhere between a 1 and 3 mana answer to Greenblade Duo, a few of them have several answers to Greenblade Duo.

Just because Elusive is the current good cool deck does not mean it's going to be so for ever, the game is a week out, people are still building collections and it turns out that Elusives (and Dawnspiders) are really good at low collection numbers. Which is arguably healthy for the game, if you can guide people to nice cheap to build decks that they can start with as they build up their collection.

The real benefit is that Elusive being popular means I don't have to deal with Teemo decks ever, because Elusive being popular makes Teemo super poo poo to play.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 30, 2020

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Lord_Magmar posted:

I was listing examples of things that answer a 2 mana 2/1 with elusive (which is not very hard to do). I'm pretty sure if a 1 mana 1/1 is answering a 2 mana creature I'm ahead on that as far as resources spent. Every faction has somewhere between a 1 and 3 mana answer to Greenblade Duo, a few of them have several answers to Greenblade Duo.

Just because Elusive is the current good cool deck does not mean it's going to be so for ever, the game is a week out, people are still building collections and it turns out that Elusives (and Dawnspiders) are really good at low collection numbers. Which is arguably healthy for the game, if you can guide people to nice cheap to build decks that they can start with as they build up their collection.

The real benefit is that Elusive being popular means I don't have to deal with Teemo decks ever, because Elusive being popular makes Teemo super poo poo to play.

His point is that you seriously suggesting a 1/1 elusive for 1 as an answer indicates there is a problem as a 1/1 elusive for 1 is awful in every other circumstance except blocking a more expensive x/1 elusive and is as such an awful card to include in your deck, unless you expect to only face decks with a plethora of x/1 elusives.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

No Wave posted:

I dont think any 2 drop outpaces greenglade duo outside of the cant blockers. i think Noxus is the only faction that has been capable of outpacing elusives. This isnt what balance looks like (despite being playable), if it wasnt an open beta maybe I wouldnt expect changes.

if someone wants to play greenglade into cursed keeper + butcher theyre more than welcome to eat the 7 damage face

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i think elusive as a concept is too strong but they are not game breaking by any means, no real need to nerf the concept but adding more counters(maybe a tech spell that removes elusive for example) could make sense

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Buller posted:

I liked the Ashe deck so much in Expedition I just might build it constructed. It really makes you think before you just throw out spells.

Frostbite being burst speed is so good

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Studio posted:

It'd make them really boring.

I wouldn't mind seeing elusive a bit more sprinkled into other units, so there's more blockers, or a Reach Equivalent (since Elusive is just flying).
More cards that remove keywords is probably the answer, since I don't think Elusive is the only one that demands to be played around. If specifically Elusive turns out to be the problem, then including something like Reach seems like a bad solution. You'd be including a keyword that exists solely to counter another and for no other reason. I also think cards that shield or heal your Nexus being more widely printed would help solve a potential Elusive rampancy. Hell, make the next beefy Champion in Freljord/Noxus have text that says "you can overheal your Nexus beyond 20" and maybe that helps, and pushes the game toward more beef gates instead of cheap aggro. I think the next wave of cards likely needs to include more options for board control and slowing the game down some, because Ionia's control suite is significantly more fun to play than Elusive aggro is and I'd like to see more players encouraged to attempt something like that. Or, hell, include more removal in P&Z like Lightning Helix or something (deal X damage to target, heal for X). I'm not convinced that Elusive is actually as crazy as people think it is, but I could be wrong.

Monathin posted:

I think I'd just like to see more spells in general, so I'd like to have other factions have spells that bestow keywords (permanently on slow cast, temporarily on fast cast) instead of just making more units with baseline keywords. Or print wild and wacky poo poo like an epic unit that says "on your turn with attack token your units all have blank text, on their turn with attack token their units have blank text" and see where the chips fall. I'm not sure the last one is a good idea, but I'd rather see that tried than simply increasing the amount of a keyword that everybody hates a week into the game's lifespan.

I get that Elusive aggro can be frustrating to play against, especially if you haven't spent into the game as yet while it finds its sea legs. Having a smaller collection and having a throttle on how much you can buy to complete a more complete deck will always inherently favor red deck wins style strategies, so until you fill out your cards your choices are to duplicate the winning cheap strat or wait until your burn/control concepts are actually finished. But again, we're too early to be claiming outright that Elusive breaks the game.

Right now you see Champions in general being undervalued across every meta discussion precisely because so few people actually have all the Champions they want. You know what trucks Elusive pretty hard? Fuckin Rally, my guys. I put together a Garen Challenger deck and mowed down Elusive spam in Expedition about an hour ago. I think a Lucian/Thresh Demacia/SI shell could be pretty tits especially in this meta with the card draw, removal, Dawnspeakers, Rhasa, and other synergies. I'd say give it a month, and if you still feel the same way, sure, fine, I was wrong. I just think it's premature.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Cynic Jester posted:

His point is that you seriously suggesting a 1/1 elusive for 1 as an answer indicates there is a problem as a 1/1 elusive for 1 is awful in every other circumstance except blocking a more expensive x/1 elusive and is as such an awful card to include in your deck, unless you expect to only face decks with a plethora of x/1 elusives.

Well if the current best deck is one that’s all elusive then yes cheap answers to cheap elusive creatures is a good idea. Although personally I’d play Mystic Shot, Get Excited, Culling Strike or Blade’s Edge over Elusive Poro you’re correct. Demacia has a 2 mana 2/4 challenger that does wonders for dealing with Greenblade Dup though.

Although gonna admit I forgot they nerfed the actual nightmare deck from the previous playtest. Shadow Isles Anivia control which yeah glad that bullshit is gone.

Frankly though I like the idea of using Noxus aggro to smash down Elusive decks. If you can’t block anyway just play the undercosted no blockers and outrace the elusive deck. Using Noxus removal package to get rid of stuff like the Kinkou Lifeblade. The thing I saw and I agree with is that the elusive deck isn’t OP, it’s just one of the first actually tuned decks so it runs over all the janky untuned stuff currently being used.

Now I am willing to say in a week or two if Elusive remains super powerful I was wrong, but for now I really do think it’s too early to tell and my personal experience of the game starting with the original playtests suggests that we aren’t done seeing the meta evolve yet.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

Studio posted:

:aaaaa:

Thank you for showing me how dumb I am for not realizing this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The elusive decks are not remotely tuned, people dont even agree which faction is best to run with ionia.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

i think elusive as a concept is too strong but they are not game breaking by any means, no real need to nerf the concept but adding more counters(maybe a tech spell that removes elusive for example) could make sense

It's "flying" in any other card game. It's not OP. This is absurd.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It’s not a card game until everybody bitches about the current strongest thing. Last week it was dawn spiders and next week it’ll be something else.

[E] I wonder how well a taunt keyword would work. Like challenger you could make a enemy attack but it would only work on your defense turn.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 30, 2020

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
No, elusives are definately not lower statted, because the same region that has strong elusives (ionia) also has a ton of HAND BUFFING. YOu cant challenge handbuffing! Its eternal and uncounterable. You cant kill creatures in their hand before they handbuff, and you cant use your removal for 3 health creatures on creatures that have been hand buffed above 3 health. Its ridicolous to say that elusive creatures are badly statted, often they are stronger than my demacia creatures.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Imagined posted:

It's "flying" in any other card game. It's not OP. This is absurd.

In other cardgames you cant both attack AND block with "flying" creatures right after another. In other cardgames things like barrier also doesnt exist.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Maybe if you dont think elusive are strong post what your rank is and what deck you are using. So we can all have the same mindset as you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Buller posted:

Maybe if you dont think elusive are strong post what your rank is and what deck you are using. So we can all have the same mindset as you.
yeah elusive dudes are pretty good maybe you should make 20 more fuckin posts about them

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Buller posted:

Of course they're strong. I was arguing with the characterization "too strong".

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Buller posted:

https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/booogmjmmcdpas1fkc90 Look at all those elusive cards this guy used to get to master, well maybe when he plays against better people he'll realize he needs to run an elusive deck.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Buller posted:

No, elusives are definately not lower statted, because the same region that has strong elusives (ionia) also has a ton of HAND BUFFING. YOu cant challenge handbuffing! Its eternal and uncounterable. You cant kill creatures in their hand before they handbuff, and you cant use your removal for 3 health creatures on creatures that have been hand buffed above 3 health. Its ridicolous to say that elusive creatures are badly statted, often they are stronger than my demacia creatures.

You can counter handbuffing with recalls, kill spells, frostbite, purify, detain. They aren't invincible.

Honestly the game just needs more cards.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

After going even in another 8 or so games with Freljord/Ionia elusives I decided to hit up Swim's stuff and stole the Noxus aggro deck here and it's really good! Turns out Can't Block units are overstatted and it doesn't matter if they can't block when your opponent is running Elusives anyways! So just fuckin murder their nexus or make them trade their handbuffed units into yours to prevent you from murdering their nexus. Works even better than challenger, to be honest. Also the deck is fast as poo poo even into spiders and I've been stomping all over SI with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I just opened my 3rd Darius so might try that aggro deck.