Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

I'm pretty sure they always quickly eliminate people in those spots in case the spot goes wrong.

Which is only necessary if you have no faith in your performers to be able to improvise. Otherwise you'd have her do the spot, wrestle for a few more minutes, get an elimination, and then get tossed out herself. It gives you a payoff to the spot and keeps it from being dumb. If she fucks up you know your performers can adjust on the fly and improvise.

I stand by it that she executed it well but bad booking made her and the spot look dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE has independent thought alarms installed into every ringside setup. Unfortunately 3 Minute Warning died so there's no one actually respond.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm starting to hate the Kofi spots simply because the person who puts in all that effort always gets eliminated seconds later. Just once would it lol them to have that person win?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

JT Smiley posted:

I'm starting to hate the Kofi spots simply because the person who puts in all that effort always gets eliminated seconds later. Just once would it lol them to have that person win?

This is a big problem I have with them, feels like a waste of time when you know whoever is doing them isn't winning. I do see the argument for not doing it tho, do you really want to risk the person who is supposed to win getting accidentally eliminated that easily?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

like everything WWE, someone does it and its organic, makes sense, looks cool and all vince catches is "looks cool" and now they have to do it the exact same way every time.

-someone's gotta do the mankind bump off the cell
-someone's gotta do the floor is lava rumble spot
-someone's gotta point at the goddamn sign
-someone's gotta stand at the top of the ramp and yell at the other guy to close out a raw

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

imagine brock yeeting Kofi, but Kofi does a cool spot to save himself, and then helps eliminate brock as a climax in their paths crossing.

imagine a company being cool and doing good things in an actual royal rumble match.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Procrastinator posted:

imagine brock yeeting Kofi, but Kofi does a cool spot to save himself, and then helps eliminate brock as a climax in their paths crossing.

imagine a company being cool and doing good things in an actual royal rumble match.

Ok I see what you're saying, but let me tweek your idea a little. How about instead of Kofi getting redemption and having a feel good moment that the fans will love let's have him and two other beloved babyfaces get clowned with a three on one advantage.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

JT Smiley posted:

Having an extremely high risk spot done by the winner is dumb as hell. What if they botch?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mkay0 posted:

Having an extremely high risk spot done by the winner is dumb as hell. What if they botch?

then Wrestlemania is cancelled

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

mkay0 posted:

That's why you always have a plan b

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You plan for the potential of it being botched, have a second winner, and change plans during the match if it gets botched. Wrestling is an improvisational art form. Stuff goes wrong all the time and matches change on the fly in the ring. People have been eliminated early or wrong before and the match has recovered. It's only a problem if you rehearse every single second like modern WWE does.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Exactly, there's two titles so just have the guy who was gonna challenge for the other belt win.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If they're gonna do this they should follow serious hot lava rules, none of this "Kofi is on his back but his feet haven't touched the ground" bullshit. You're still melting in lava, Kofi.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Huski Boi posted:

If they're gonna do this they should follow serious hot lava rules, none of this "Kofi is on his back but his feet haven't touched the ground" bullshit. You're still melting in lava, Kofi.

I agree, Kofi should not be allowed to use his back afterwards.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This company has infinite money, why haven't they put actual lava outside the ring yet?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave with the run in

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1222967039951699968?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
drat, Dave. :stare:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This company has infinite money, why haven't they put actual lava outside the ring yet?

Landmines.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

How dare you speak about my son this way!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I get a kick out of the way Bryan and Dave get really mad when the other gets impugned like this.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

MJeff posted:

I get a kick out of the way Bryan and Dave get really mad when the other gets impugned like this.

In fairness they both do get a lot of undeserved criticism from idiots. On the other hand there is a bunch of legitimate criticism that kind of gets overshadowed by the stupidity.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bry-"Cornette was right"-an Alv-"Charlotte was right"-arez thinks Naomi is bad.

Shocked face

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

Bry-"Cornette was right"-an Alv-"Charlotte was right"-arez thinks Naomi is bad.

Shocked face

That's not how nicknames work and you know it.

Do better.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

duckdealer posted:

In fairness they both do get a lot of undeserved criticism from idiots. On the other hand there is a bunch of legitimate criticism that kind of gets overshadowed by the stupidity.

You hit the nail on the head. Dave defending Cornette's racism gets drowned out by all the bad faith bullshit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bryan on WOL choosing to completely ignore this Naomi stuff to go on a rant about Royal Rumble times.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think Dave might be talking about Carmella there. Carmella is a really bad wrestler, who has improved a lot. Regardless, she is still light years ahead of Bryan Alvarez lol.

If he’s talking about Naomi then Jesus Christ, Dave

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think Dave might be talking about Carmella there. Carmella is a really bad wrestler, who has improved a lot. Regardless, she is still light years ahead of Bryan Alvarez lol.

If he’s talking about Naomi then Jesus Christ, Dave
Carmella is in no way a better worker than Chico

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Anyone who thinks for even one moment Dave was talking about Naomi in that tweet instead of the person who actually said Bryan has never been in a ring before is a moron.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

You hit the nail on the head. Dave defending Cornette's racism gets drowned out by all the bad faith bullshit.

Does it, though? I can pay attention to two things. Three, even, if I try hard enough.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Gee I can't wait to hear what Corey Graves us to say about this one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JT Smiley posted:

Gee I can't wait to hear what Corey Graves us to say about this one.

We need to find a way to get Dave to say Bryan is a better wrestler and journalist than Corey ever was.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Bryan is a good wrestler. Not the most compelling but his poo poo always looked good. I mean he’s in his mid 40 now and was basically retired for years so his poo poo doesn’t look as good, but his stuff from the early 2000s does.
Certainly better than Carmella.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bryan also had a match where he knew it would suck, but he knew he could save it by adding a pool bump.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan is at least Charlotte level:

https://twitter.com/VivaLaRooney/status/1135218495397011457

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Does it, though? I can pay attention to two things. Three, even, if I try hard enough.

Congratulations you have a better ability to focus and process things than 90% of the American populace

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bryan is a far better worker than carmella and naomi, not that I watch

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

naomi's rumble spot was the worst of all of them that she's done, it wasn't the best save of that rumble (which goes to otis), and it took way, way too loving long. the rumble is full of contrivances but it has some consistency that absolves it of the most egregious criticisms, and naomi standing on the table forever to contemplate how to get back to the ring when i'm pretty sure she's already done the jump in previous rumbles was insanely stupid. it's worthy of derision.
her being athletic as hell but a bad worker is still just... a thing. you can be a bad worker but still be a worthy contributor, hulk hogan and ultimate warrior made careers out of it. though i'd be shocked if any of the attention she got on twitter actually turned anyone into a wrestling fan.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hey hey hey, at least Dave saying that WWE sends a “bunch of dumbshits” to press ops on today’s pod was good stuff.

Right?

Right!?!

:cry:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved that. "They think tall jacked dudes will impress sports journalists who spend their days surrounded by tall jacked dudes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
didnt also naomi make the same save in another RR? table and all?