Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I used my amazon prime free trial for picard on amazon video

is there literally anything else worth a drat on it

i don't know how to pirate live action shows anymore

American Gods, that other neil gaiman/terry prstchett book adaptation, the shield, phobe, lots of weird movies, Unsolved mysteries.

Trawling through the recmended movies os usually the best way to find decent content on prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you like sci-fi the expanse is excellent.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

it's got the Expanse season 4 so... watch the rest of that on Netflix and then watch that

The boys and the tick are also worth a look for different reasons.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
So you can carry a 50 and have two plants in Canberra now

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What happens when you take your plant out of the ground and you got many fifties

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I dunno Isaac, no one does, cos it was passed quietly under corona virus hysteria

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wasnt it 50g and not a fifty

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Kharnifex posted:

So you can carry a 50 and have two plants in Canberra now

C'mon Canberra, don't gently caress this up for the rest of us....

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I think I'd rather do this illegally than live in Canberra.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
This only changes things for the squares who didnt already have weed

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Zazi posted:

it's got the Expanse season 4 so... watch the rest of that on Netflix and then watch that

I think all four seasons are on amazon now.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Above a certain age youre invisible and can get away with tons of poo poo

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I dunno, it's half arsed and there's all these grey areas and who knows what the cops will do

But I bet alot of houses are Gunna have a cheeky plant or four

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont know anyone whos ever been charged for weed in ACT. The cops discovered my friends plants once and just took em without saying anything further

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'd have a plant in the kitchen just for the smell.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

What's up nerds

Cool science poo poo inbound:

Basically they built a special telescope for staring at the sun in Hawaii and got some dope images of the sun's boiling plasma

Boily

It's pretty rad tbh

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Isaac posted:

I dont know anyone whos ever been charged for weed in ACT. The cops discovered my friends plants once and just took em without saying anything further

i'm not sure i can imagine a situation where cops find and arrest me for weed in Melbourne where its illegal

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tirade posted:

Think I told this story in the last thread but I worked in The Zoo (live music joint in Brisbane) for a few years and we'd put on hip hop shows really rarely because fuckwits would tag the toilets and every available blank wall without fail. Like, show how important you are by bombing trains or whatever I don't care, but don't be cunts to your hosts.

Then the hip hop community would bitch in the street press about how hard it was to put on a show on in town

Had the same problem at The Tivoli. They need extra security detail and the bathroom stalls get tagged up with stupid sharpie tags. I was driving back from a function in Jimboomba to our kitchen at the Tiv following an RnB Fridays and gently caress the valley looked like a bomb had gone off. Chicks in neon fishnets sprawled all over the place and dudes in airmax drinking against fences. It was like being back home in Detroit. We might know some of the same sound guys and roadies if you worked at The Zoo. Ever meet "Metal"? Scrawny dude with a pony tail and tats that lives in a black jeans vest?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm comfortable doing oil and coolant, air filters and basic electrics but beyond that I either need special equipment, or the mess involved is hosed up enough I dont want to do on any of my flat surfaces anyway

This is where you need to know a dude.

My Rhodesian mechanic changed the serpentine belt in my Ford Falcon AU2.

$50.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Squalid posted:

i know this might come as a surprise to many Australians but there are in fact several different African-Americans on tv, and no, they don't all look alike

:lol:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Wow.

A baby porcupine!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Aule posted:

Been summoned for Jury duty 😭

Do it. It's fun.

I did a 6 week trial for Attempted Armed Robbery.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i'm going to rewatch The Good Place in its entirety (19 hours) before I watch the new episode out tomorrow

gently caress.

The Good Place?

I love you. :love:

Blow fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 31, 2020

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Anidav posted:

Aren't these 4chan memes, just gateway drugs to the nazi memes.

Like they are not too funny. Just irony poisoning and everything is bad and how do I talk to female? Sort of stuff.

It's just designed to put you on that long snakes and ladders to Neo nazi bollocks.

I keep seeing it happen to former mates time and time again. They see a funny meme and 2 years later hardcore Pauline voter.

It's just nuts.

Also spray painting a meme on a wall isn't that original.

Eh rant over.

Anime Dave.

Why are you copying my posting style?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The stresses of iking auspol have taught him the value of a chill google centred posting style

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Tirade posted:

On a related note we all loved working metal nights even if the music was poo poo because the punters were all super polite

Interesting.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

naeka posted:

didn't nod to one of the maggies on the way to work today and he started sqwarking as i went past so i turned around and gave him a nod and he went quiet. the universe is at peace again.

I heard a peeping noise yesterday. It was a magpie mum and a baby magpie at the back deck.

I gave the mum some roast beef and triple smoked ham.

The magpies loving love me and know me.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Do you share your meth with them?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Some of the bar staff have their smoking area out behind the kitchen and started leaving treats for the crows because according to reddit they will bring you gifts. Now I've got a family of loving crows out the back who try to steal my bread order at 4:30 AM.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
please tell me they leave them on the empty bread trays for extra ‘bar staff are dumb as rocks’ laughs

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow posted:

Do it. It's fun.

Did you get off?

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

The_Continental posted:

Some of the bar staff have their smoking area out behind the kitchen and started leaving treats for the crows because according to reddit they will bring you gifts. Now I've got a family of loving crows out the back who try to steal my bread order at 4:30 AM.

ya crows and magpies both remember people and can be pretty social when they're comfortable. never had gifts but they don't mind hanging out with me when I'm in the yard it's good company.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Did you get off?

Umm yeah nahh.

I was a loving juror.

They tried to rob an armoured van for the payroll at Marickville Mall.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow posted:

Umm yeah nahh.

I was a loving juror.

They tried to rob an armoured van for the payroll at Marickville Mall.

Ah my bad sorry

Aule
Oct 16, 2019

Blow posted:

Do it. It's fun.

Questioning their decision making process now...

Not possible though. I work full time and run the office, especially for that amount of time???? Mental.

Aule fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 31, 2020

Aule
Oct 16, 2019

Jestery posted:

Did you get off?

Lmfaoooooo

Sorry for double post

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Aule posted:

Yeah right...
Not possible though. I work full time and run the office, especially for that amount of time???? Mental.

I got out of it as it was the week I was starting a new job. I offered to do it at a later date but they said don't worry about it.

Aule
Oct 16, 2019

Airstream Driver posted:

I got out of it as it was the week I was starting a new job. I offered to do it at a later date but they said don't worry about it.

drat. I’d probably just imply I’m too valuable in my workplace to go MIA for 3-4 weeks.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

American Gods is p good. Also has the Mission Impossible movies which own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I got asked to do jury duty once when I was 18 and basically work said nah we need him and that's my jury duty story because I've never been asked to do it again