Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1222989609258360832?s=19

This is the Democratic messaging going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Seems to be putting a lot of unearned faith in the electorate to remember, care, AND vote.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SevenTEEN Witnesses. So many witnesses.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

loving defense lying is really bothering me. I need to unplug for awhile. if anything interesting happens will you put it itt?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Sekulow arguing that if you include one witness or one piece of evidence then next thing you know there's two witness and two pieces of evidence and where does the madness end?

It just occurred to me that this is actually part of a pattern. Need a head of the EPA? Pick someone who's against the environment. Need a head of the Department of Energy? Pick someone who wants to abolish it. Need a head of the Department of Education? Pick someone who wants to do away with public education. And now need a lawyer? Pick one who is categorically opposed to the very concept of a trial.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

I like it.

If this is repeated by every dem, from rep to every presidential candidate and their surrogates, and quickly asserted by a bystander anytime a chud says 'trump was acquitted!' around a water cooler...

It's short and clear. It's catchy. It's pretty firm ground to stand on.

I think this fucks up Trump's and the GOP's game.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SubG posted:

Sekulow arguing that if you include one witness or one piece of evidence then next thing you know there's two witness and two pieces of evidence and where does the madness end?

It just occurred to me that this is actually part of a pattern. Need a head of the EPA? Pick someone who's against the environment. Need a head of the Department of Energy? Pick someone who wants to abolish it. Need a head of the Department of Education? Pick someone who wants to do away with public education. And now need a lawyer? Pick one who is categorically opposed to the very concept of a trial.

The Regressive mind at its core hates competency and competent government, because they are all high on their own farts at being the best individual who can do anything ever

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

When no one is talking in that chamber, it sounds absolutely so quiet, like how do these people not nod off?

Also the GOP side calling witnesses some sort of slippery slope to MORE witnesses is hilarious. I hope they all get lice.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

ManBoyChef posted:

loving defense lying is really bothering me. I need to unplug for awhile. if anything interesting happens will you put it itt?

Yeah I keep having to turn it off just because it is so irritating. The legal arguments from the Defense make no legal sense and often change from one question to another.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Jiro posted:

When no one is talking in that chamber, it sounds absolutely so quiet, like how do these people not nod off?

Also the GOP side calling witnesses some sort of slippery slope to MORE witnesses is hilarious. I hope they all get lice.

It might just be that they have those microphones that cut out background noise. I'd be surprised if it was absolutely library quiet in there.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
One of my biggest pet peeves is people saying "conspiracy" when they mean "conspiracy theory".

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Petr posted:

Seems to be putting a lot of unearned faith in the electorate to remember, care, AND vote.

That's why it needs to be the constant hammered on message.

The reality is this, if enough people don't care to put a stop to these criminals we're screwed, our only hope is that there are enough people who actually want to live in a society where there are actual objective standards.

It's really not useful to do this nihilistic :matters: Schick other than to feed into the hopelessness that is the intended effect of the right wing propaganda.

They are the minority of the people in this country, they are operating on pure bluff and bluster. The only way to deal with them is to call their loving bluff and demonstrate that just how weak they truly are.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
In conclusion, impeachment is a land of contrasts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Petr posted:

it's a REALLY simple message to hammer in, though. The republicans are going out both going 'LET'S HEAR FROM HUNTER, TRUMP DID NOTHING WRONG' and 'actually no witnesses' while in the majority. All they have to do is stay on message and hang them with their own words.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

snorch posted:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people saying "conspiracy" when they mean "conspiracy theory".
conspiracy was the doctor not the monster!

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Nothing crushes my hopes of democracy & humanity more than cspan callers.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

God Sekulow is such a tool.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ummel posted:

Stop doing this to yourself, you magnificent bastard

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cancel the SOTU you coward.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Sekulow really has a crazy lawyer energy you generally don't see outside of sovcits representing themselves.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ummel posted:

imagine being a cspan anchor :stonk:

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

imagine being a cspan anchor :stonk:

Looking back into their cold dead eyes is half the fun of watching cspan

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Monowhatever posted:

Looking back into their cold dead eyes is half the fun of watching cspan

I bet when they go back to showing the inside of the senate they take a flask from their pocket and take a decent pull on it.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dershowitz: “If you say abuse of power is now a crime, how will future presidents be able to shake down dependent foreign governments? Checkmate :smugdog:

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
These C-SPAN callers are a cut above the usual fare wow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
any new insane poo poo/witness stuff.

its good stuff.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

any new insane poo poo/witness stuff.

Dinner break but I haven't seen anything yet.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Republicans: that's wrong because the constitution says nothing like that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wouldn't the counter to it just be "innocent until proven guilty"?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

something along those lines.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Counter with "...What then, when the trial was openly sabotaged by the defendant's goons?"

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

ecureuilmatrix posted:

Counter with "...What then, when the trial was openly sabotaged by the defendant's goons?"

"...and half the jury is implicated in the crime?"

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

ecureuilmatrix posted:

Then the media will counter with "neither side is willing to cooperate"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fart Amplifier posted:

Then the media will counter with "neither side is willing to cooperate"

Cillizza already put out that article.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, how do they honestly see this ending by Tuesday? Deny witnesses tomorrow morning, acquit in the afternoon? Even if this sham goes until Monday, that seems like an unreasonably short turnaround to just let the dude go up and address congress in that type of setting. Sure, there’s no rule against it, but that just seems like really lovely optics for anyone but Donald John Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

To be fair the way things are going Trump will announce seven more crimes during the SOTU.

He also however will start a war with... let's say France.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
The judiciary committee should question John Bolton while the SOTU is going on. I bet Bolton could be convinced: think of what it could mean for book sales

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jiro posted:

God Sekulow is such a tool.

Tools are actually useful.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

generic one posted:

Yeah, how do they honestly see this ending by Tuesday? Deny witnesses tomorrow morning, acquit in the afternoon? Even if this sham goes until Monday, that seems like an unreasonably short turnaround to just let the dude go up and address congress in that type of setting. Sure, there’s no rule against it, but that just seems like really lovely optics for anyone but Donald John Trump.

what a poo poo show. i assume they will acquitted Monday if witnesses dont happen.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I know this "trial" has been a foregone conclusion, but it really sucks that our government is such a failure that we can't even get witnesses in a trial.

I also really, really, really hate the talking point "the dems are being so partisan!" The GOP is the one plugging their ears and screaming not wanting to do anything, not the dems. The only partisanship is that the GOP is firmly attached to Trump's rear end in a top hat, human centipede style.