Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

work is hell today but tomorrow is my last day then a month and a half off so whos really crying its not me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm crying

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

work is hell today but tomorrow is my last day then a month and a half off so whos really crying its not me
It's me, because tomorrow is the last day of my month and a half vacation :negative:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What the hell do you guys do to get month and a half vacations

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
for my month vacay this summer i merely needed to be laid off. give it a shot!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If you're lucky and have a decent job the answer is have a baby

That, however, is far from a vacation

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I build up my annual leave over the year and tend to take a large chunk of it all at once over the Christmas/New Year period when things are going to be quiet anyway (plus there are a lot of built in holidays that I would get off anyway), with the odd day or two off here and there throughout the year as required. I gotta tell you, getting to just spend a few weeks doing nothing is loving heaven.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

j-ru works in s korea, i work at the dipshit factory that doesnt mind if i take extended breaks for my education lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

I build up my annual leave over the year and tend to take a large chunk of it all at once over the Christmas/New Year period when things are going to be quiet anyway (plus there are a lot of built in holidays that I would get off anyway), with the odd day or two off here and there throughout the year as required. I gotta tell you, getting to just spend a few weeks doing nothing is loving heaven.

Before my last job shut down (after working there 17 years!) I had built up enough time where I'd work 7 weeks, then take a week off, and did that through out the year.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I just get fired a lot

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it saddens me that getting high and arguing about wrestling on the internet is not valued as paid work by society... if you can even call such a debased thing "society"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikegal posted:

It's a great game if you love the anime and it's surprisingly great for a chill time. Like the exploration between the story beats are perfect relaxers.

Yeah I watched some gameplay footage and it looks like they took Xenoverse and mashed it with FFXV combat. Exactly what I need.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I get like two and a half months off in the summer. Normally I spend a month losing my goddamn mind, two weeks enjoying myself, and three weeks worried that it’s all going to end soon.

All I want in life is downtime and I’m terrible at it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Man that’s pretty cool. The job I’m currently in is the first time I’ve ever had vacation time and I was feeling like a pig in poo poo with 80 hours a year

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think my friend's dad is dying and she's taken time off work to be with him. She messaged me to say she felt bad because she was letting them down when they're busy and seriously gently caress capitalism for making people feel like they have any obligation to their employer especially at times like this.

Spikegal posted:

Hellstar Remina movie when?

Aaaah you just reminded me that the Uzumaki anime is this year and now I'm excited.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think my friend's dad is dying and she's taken time off work to be with him. She messaged me to say she felt bad because she was letting them down when they're busy and seriously gently caress capitalism for making people feel like they have any obligation to their employer especially at times like this.

gently caress dude :(

complete tonal whiplash but goddam some of that dialog is p. loving rough on the picard show

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

coconono posted:

Yeah I watched some gameplay footage and it looks like they took Xenoverse and mashed it with FFXV combat. Exactly what I need.

IS THIS AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION FROM A GAMEPLAY PERSPECTIVE :O

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

oh but seriously I posted:

gently caress dude :(

complete tonal whiplash but goddam some of that dialog is p. loving rough on the picard show

I thought episode 2 was significantly worse than episode 1, which I didn't particularly care for. They could tone down the lens flare too.

My friend's mom is brain dead from a burst aneurysm, to contribute to the tonal whiplash.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I thought episode 2 was significantly worse than episode 1, which I didn't particularly care for. They could tone down the lens flare too.

My friend's mom is brain dead from a burst aneurysm, to contribute to the tonal whiplash.

loving hell. i cannot compute my mum being dead she is my favorite person in the whole world

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok the combination of "Being a productive member of society" and "Mom dying" is kinda setting me off.

So I had a 'get to know you' meeting at an Autism Clinic in Worcester the other day. This is part of a combination of things that I probably should have set into motion a long time ago but didn't because I didn't know how/got confused/a bunch of poo poo. The end goal of which is to try to set up a life for myself/ourselves for when my mom becomes infirm and I have to be the caregiver of the two of us. It's frustrating being at an appointment with one therapist who contradicts a lot of how you've internalized your sense of self based on what another therapist said about you. Mind you I do not believe either to be necessarily 'wrong', it's just two people seeing similar stimuli and coming to different conclusions. I have constant imposter syndrome. I keep accusing myself of sandbagging in order to justify not doing anything with my life because...well pretty much everybody I know accuses me of being too hard on myself I guess. But the point is having my diagnosis challenged is somewhat disheartening.
(Though I should stress that at no time did she accuse me of not being autistic, simply not that kind of Autistic).

~IRT my brand of ASD: I was diagnosed with "Non-Verbal Learning Disorder" in my initial psych eval. The therapist I met with noticed that some of my skills (particularly visualization and basic math skills) are too good for NVLD.

Interestingly the therapist there made the same note my therapist did: I'd probably make a great advocate. And they might be right, but I just don't know if I have the spoons for that sort of thing, especially if that sort of thing isn't going to improve my personal situation.

I'm kinda rambling right now so I'll stop. I hope you get the idea.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sorry man

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

y'all like this kinda poo poo or bored by it. drop me a line (pm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhrXTDeue0

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Anything Lindsay Ellis does is a good time. I even watched (or listened to) her Game of Thrones videos even though I don't give half a poo poo about Game of Thrones

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lindsay Ellis is always a pro click.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't care for Lindsay Ellis. Her videos make me feel less informed and more like I'm being lectured to, this sense of "how dare you enjoy this obviously flawed thing."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

skimmed through and hated it and hate her and i hope she gets doxxed!!!!! im just kidding, was trying out a new gimmick of weird sexist freak. but i actually didn't like the parts that i randomly clicked to.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

so far it's 2-2

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CobiWann posted:

I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't care for Lindsay Ellis. Her videos make me feel less informed and more like I'm being lectured to, this sense of "how dare you enjoy this obviously flawed thing."

I'm sorry your favorite movie is Bright

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this part specifically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhrXTDeue0&t=579s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's a part that slucks rear end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhrXTDeue0&t=1635s

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I like Lindsay Ellis but that was definitely not her best video imo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's either 3-2 or 2-3 or 2-2-1

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't watch the video yet. I like her but I don't want to get yelled at by my friends and loved ones.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can anyone recommend a good VPN program to use?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spikegal posted:

I haven't had any issues with Nord at all and I believe they're well regarded, or at least were a couple years ago when I first looked into them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I use Windscribe because I don't want to pay for one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CobiWann posted:

Honestly, I've always felt kinda the opposite, I think she can articulate why something is creatively flawed or problematic and why you should be aware of it but that doesn't mean you can't still like it.

I mean, her favorite Disney villain is Hades and that, uh. Is a bit fraught.

Spikegal posted:

If you wanna go buy most youtube sponsorships, gotta be Nord.

On that note, hey guys, lemme just take a break from this thread for a second so I can tell you about Raid Shadow Legends.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 1, 2020

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
So happy about the reveal at the end of the new Fast & Furious trailer that I'm not even mad that they put it in the loving trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dangerous Person posted:

So happy about the reveal at the end of the new Fast & Furious trailer that I'm not even mad that they put it in the loving trailer

I was like "Wow, this looks crazy, maybe I'll go see it." and then they spoiled the entire plot and showed what I'm sure are all of the coolest stunts and now it's like.

I feel like I've seen it already.