Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Chinese guy at the airport bringing home a clothes drying rack from China.

I mean we have the same high quality Chinese rubbish here not sure why he had to bring it from the motherland.

Then he spilled the poles out of the box and they rolled around the car park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Laserface posted:

I mean we have the same high quality Chinese rubbish here not sure why he had to bring it from the motherland.

Wanna see a border security episode about this.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

ili posted:

Do you share your meth with them?

Hapana (that's Kiswahili for "no").

Like I got my pet rat stoned, drunk, my mate even gave him MDMA one time.

RIP Ratty.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

Post some snowboarding pics dude.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

What's up nerds

Cool science poo poo inbound:

Basically they built a special telescope for staring at the sun in Hawaii and got some dope images of the sun's boiling plasma

Boily

It's pretty rad tbh

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Blow posted:

RIP Ratty.

this is shithouse behaviour, complete garbage.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

The_Continental posted:

Had the same problem at The Tivoli. They need extra security detail and the bathroom stalls get tagged up with stupid sharpie tags. I was driving back from a function in Jimboomba to our kitchen at the Tiv following an RnB Fridays and gently caress the valley looked like a bomb had gone off. Chicks in neon fishnets sprawled all over the place and dudes in airmax drinking against fences. It was like being back home in Detroit. We might know some of the same sound guys and roadies if you worked at The Zoo. Ever meet "Metal"? Scrawny dude with a pony tail and tats that lives in a black jeans vest?

Nah don't think I met him, but bear in mind I was working there like 15 years ago.

Even back in 2005 the valley was a disaster, after closing up we'd usually hang around and shoot pool for a few hours rather than head out elsewhere. Can't imagine how hosed it is these days.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

McSpergin posted:

I got asked to do jury duty once when I was 18 and basically work said nah we need him and that's my jury duty story because I've never been asked to do it again

I'm panelled for one in March but not back in the country until April. Should probably send the jury duty people an email.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

this is shithouse behaviour, complete garbage.

He was particularly fond of JD & coke.

I took him to the vet when he was seeming poorly.

The vet said "How old is he?"

"3 and a bit years" I said.

The vet said "He should be dead from old age".

So gently caress you. :)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it doesn't matter how long he lives when he's being dosed against his will for you vapid amusement

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Normally I can tell if it's the weekend or not based on Blow's posting but he's confusing things this week. Doping any kind of animal is poo poo teir behaviour whether it extends their life or not.

I refilled all of the birdbaths today so that hopefully I don't end up with flaky magpies on my lawn in the heat tomorrow

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I think giving animals people drugs is pretty bad, but what about catnip? Why does that get a pass? Legit question, I don’t know poo poo about cats, I’m 100% a dog person

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Visible Stink posted:

I think giving animals people drugs is pretty bad, but what about catnip? Why does that get a pass? Legit question, I don’t know poo poo about cats, I’m 100% a dog person

its not like you're dosing the cat, if you make the catnip available the cat will go to it and enjoy it if they feel like it. Its like reindeers and magic mushrooms.

Imagine being a reindeer tripping balls on mushrooms running across the snow at night, sounds rad.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I did not know that about reindeer, or that cats kind of have agency in their usage of catnip. Makes sense though really

Kinda wish I was a reindeer now

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Because catnip is meant for cats in the same way that pigs ears are meant for dogs and meth is meant for alcoholic losers. It's just a perfect match unlike giving a rat pingas. How do you even get them up his clacker anyway.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Australian cats apparently don't have the same catnip dirve as cats from other places. Every cat I've ever owned couldn't give a gently caress one way or another even if it's freely available

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Blow posted:

RIP Ratty.

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Australian cats apparently don't have the same catnip dirve as cats from other places. Every cat I've ever owned couldn't give a gently caress one way or another even if it's freely available

My Australian Mist doesn't really give a poo poo but my Ragdoll turns into a drooling retard who cant stop rolling around. It depends on the cat maybe.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I tried to get my cat into catnip but he's too much of a nerd.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

https://twitter.com/megesydes/status/1223106918840860672?s=21

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

ili posted:

Because catnip is meant for cats in the same way that pigs ears are meant for dogs and meth is meant for alcoholic losers. It's just a perfect match unlike giving a rat pingas. How do you even get them up his clacker anyway.

very carefully

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Big cats love drugs,Jaguar will rub on certain centipedes to get extremely hosed up.

YouTube has some good videos of felines getting wasted.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I agree that not getting animals hosed up on drugs is good but as a counterpoint have you considered according to joe Rogan apes getting hosed up on drugs by aliens is how we got here

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Korgan posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

I broke one of my ribs. Does that count?

Let the record show that my rat (Ratty) was a willing participant.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blow posted:

Animals can't give consent. Much like underage girls really.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Hanging out with my pet rat smoking meth like an even more depressing version of Wilfred

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

oof be nice to blow yall i think he is aware of the the errors of his past ways.

Aule
Oct 16, 2019

Blow posted:

He was particularly fond of JD & coke.

I took him to the vet when he was seeming poorly.

The vet said "How old is he?"

"3 and a bit years" I said.

The vet said "He should be dead from old age".

So gently caress you. :)

As someone in vet medicine I don’t take to that well. Weirdo.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Hanging out with my pet rat smoking meth like an even more depressing version of Wilfred

Ratty was like my best mate. He'd sit on my shoulder whilst I walked up the street. I could call him to me with a tounge-clicking sound. My musophobic friends even liked him. He used to steal weed (maybe he just liked the foil?).

Best rat ever.

I mean my sister had a job as a uni undergrad using a glass pipette to extract fresh blood from behind rats loving eyes.

She said Ratty was the best rat ever. And she's pretty smart.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It still doesn’t excuse the fact that you drugged an animal that has a brain smaller than a pea who also has no control over their bowels.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

ili posted:

with a finger and some vaseline, just like everyone else

btw do jury duty it sounds super interesting I'm jealous I'm barred

ili
Jul 26, 2003

naeka posted:

oof be nice to blow yall i think he is aware of the the errors of his past ways.

Counterpoint - he's not and his continued freedom to multipost while NVJ is permad because some seppo halfwits don't like his beturbaned countenance is an ongoing injustice of the highest order.

F
Nov 6, 2005

Blow posted:

You're a fuckin oval office.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It still doesn’t excuse the fact that you drugged an animal that has a brain smaller than a pea who also has no control over their bowels.

sounds like self-medication to me, not sure what the problem is

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Caesar Saladin posted:

Imagine being a reindeer tripping balls on mushrooms running across the snow at night, sounds rad.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm at the metro watching everclear and the amount of old expat blokes with Thai wives and weird socially awkward dudes who wear button down shirts with cargo shorts is off the charts

im here because my brothers band opened and I got in for free so don't associate me with everclear although they're musically competent and enjoyable

E: he just asked the crowd "who remembers 1997?!"

Laserface fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 31, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I wouldn’t even bother leaving the house for a concert where the front man doesn’t collectively ask us to remember 1997

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

You know the type. The guys who only ever go out to concerts to see bands past their prime by a significant margin

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I wouldn’t even bother leaving the house for a concert where the front man doesn’t collectively ask us to remember 1997

I'm just here for Santa Monica they've played everything else.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

ili posted:

Counterpoint - he's not and his continued freedom to multipost while NVJ is permad because some seppo halfwits don't like his beturbaned countenance is an ongoing injustice of the highest order.

fair, administration decisions on this site are hosed and inconsistent if you upset the wrong seppo or they like you the pendulum swings away from justice. #freenvj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

jesus gently caress went down to car wash to clean all the orange poo poo off it and it was really hot and sticky out. went to the tobacconist right after and when i got home 45m later streets are flooded and there's a massive downpour and no visibility at all. hope everyone in canberra stays safe from the fires.