Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

So I guess I just realized why i got a bunch of Game Overs in FFXV. I thought the grace period to not die was the 0 HP hobble phase. If you don't heal up before taking more damage in that phase, game over. That's what I meant by I didn't like to use items .I preferred to try and get a friend hand or use a Regroup.

I guess you're supposed to use the five or so seconds Noct is kneeling on the ground after taking a few hits while at 0 HP to use a Phoenix Down on him. I didn't know this.

If the tutorial told me this, I sure as hell didn't remember it.

Don't know why you're not constantly spamming items tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Don't know why you're not constantly spamming items tbh.

Later on when I had tons of Elixirs and Hi Elixirs I did.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tomorrow's the 31st which is the original game's anniversary so if we don't get the demo then, well, I'd be sad

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDets1_G9gQ

New trailer dropped for FFVIIRE, It has Crossdressing Cloud and a loving TONNE of other poo poo but that's the one you're all here for.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Onmi posted:

New trailer dropped for FFVIIRE, It has Crossdressing Cloud and a loving TONNE of other poo poo but that's the one you're all here for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz9QWTcbXYE

Here is an English version.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ooooh

a man of my refined taste

running out of butter????

ho ho ho ho

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I, for one, am really excited about all the new stuff they've added. I know there will be a group of super nerds that are upset about it, though.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

goddamn this looks so loving good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't there a leak that said a Jenova form is the final boss? Wonder how long this is if they're showing the final boss in the trailers...

EDIT: I was going to ask if they really lip synced both language versions but apparently they have some auto-lip syncing program they use that they've had since FF13.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 31, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Best trailer yet and honeybee inn is going to be incredible.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Everything I watch looks amazing, but part of me still can't believe that SE have pulled it off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless it's a complete technical mess it's going to be at least decent. My only worry at this point is how long it is.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m not watching poo poo cause I wanna keep myself unspoiled for this game, but everything I’ve heard suggests it’s very hype. Hopefully that demo drops soon.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

RatHat posted:

Wasn't there a leak that said a Jenova form is the final boss? Wonder how long this is if they're showing the final boss in the trailers...

EDIT: I was going to ask if they really lip synced both language versions but apparently they have some auto-lip syncing program they use that they've had since FF13.

It's possible that the fact that it was leaked is precisely why they decided to put it in the trailer.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

The whole trailer was a curated sizzle reel of "you want to know if this is in here? It is, and cooler and flashier than you expected."

I also want to commend the English voice acting. Everyone just feels right, and they didn't rely on the Anime Dub Regulars at all. Not a single Troy Baker or Nolan North to be found.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

neither of those guys even do anime dubs even more

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Endorph posted:

neither of those guys even do anime dubs even more

Video games are also anime.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I need to pick my jaw up off the floor, that was loving incredible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zutaten posted:

Video games are also anime.
If you mean the last of us is anime, i agree.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They somehow made the Honey Bee Inn even better.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A touching reunion.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy loving poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

ooooh

a man of my refined taste

running out of butter????

ho ho ho ho

In the Japanese version he says lard.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Listen I’m not asking for much but do we know if the W-Item duplication glitch is still in-game.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Listen I’m not asking for much but do we know if the W-Item duplication glitch is still in-game.

Of course not. You don't get that materia until late into disc 2. This game only covers the first part of disc 1.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

This is gonna be the biggestest anime, and it's gonna be great

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Nomura is becoming too powerful.

I cannot believe the Honey Bee Inn is now the Baz Luhrman musical he supposedly always wanted to make

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

Too much Sephiroth and the Dementors are still dumb. Looks great otherwise.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Naming my new band Sephiroth and the Dementors

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huuuh. If we're going beyond Midgar does that mean we are getting the Kalm flashback this game? If so they have sure kept it under wraps

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Huuuh. If we're going beyond Midgar does that mean we are getting the Kalm flashback this game? If so they have sure kept it under wraps

We're definitely 100% getting the Kalm flashback in this game because it is the setup for the entire plot and not having it in the first installment will leave everyone who doesn't already know the plot wondering why they should even give a poo poo about sephiroth to begin with. The way the original did the buildup to Sephiroth was great but unfortunately if you stretch out Midgar to 30 hours and then make everyone wait 2 to infinity years to keep playing you kill the pacing on that buildup and have to radically change how it works. This is why you actually see Sephiroth showing up in Midgar now: if he didn't then he just wouldn't even be in the game, and they'd have to put out a game called Final Fantasy 7 Remake that contained 0 sephiroth. The main question at this point is whether the Kalm flashback actually happens in Kalm, and the game is actually Midgar + Kalm + maybe the mithril mines, or if they just jam it in earlier so that it still acts as Sephiroth's proper introduction before they have him start showing up in person.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wait, can they all see Sephiroth?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait, can they all see Sephiroth?

I felt like it was ambiguous in the trailer.

My guess is that It's a hallucination of Cloud's Mind since he's got a connection to Sephy/Jenova

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Also, it was confirmed who the composers for FFVIIR are: Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Mitsuto Suzuki.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Those last lines from Aerith are interesting, I guess. In the original it's Cloud who says Shinra isn't the real enemy and there's something far more dangerous than them. Aerith was, despite her powers, pretty clueless and relatively normal at this point. I think her being in Midgar was supposed to have basically restricted her access to the Planet and its wisdom.

Here she is not only more of the pure maiden but also apparently has a greater knowledge of what's going on from the start.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

NikkolasKing posted:

Here she is not only more of the pure maiden but also apparently has a greater knowledge of what's going on from the start.

This is going to make me sound like such a goon but that bothers me. In the OG game Aerith had shades of tomboyishness, was very spirited, and didn't really come across as a pure light hearted angel of purity,. Just because her most Iconic scene has her praying, and that's what people remember most about her, all the other characterization that helped make her fun and memorable is taken away to make her a boring vessel of purity.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This is going to make me sound like such a goon but that bothers me. In the OG game Aerith had shades of tomboyishness, was very spirited, and didn't really come across as a pure light hearted angel of purity,. Just because her most Iconic scene has her praying, and that's what people remember most about her, all the other characterization that helped make her fun and memorable is taken away to make her a boring vessel of purity.

:same:

Elentor did a good job of summing up the love triangle in the game of Tifa and Aeris being opposites of what you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
That trailer is loving astounding (and exceptionally gay) I can't wait