Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
If you are going to make fun of someone for simplifying a thing to make themselves seem clever, you might as well simplify what you're criticizing so you can seem clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The point is that the Hierophant was really just a huge nerd who built himself a big D&D dungeon in his basement.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
It make a certain amount of sense in this setting for king lich to be king dork

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The last couple O Human Star strips have been fantastic. So happy for Al.

Also, why did no one tell me about The Sword Interval before now!? Holy poo poo it's good!

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Monster Pulse and Daughter of the Lilies both went places today.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I thought that there were other parts of Daughter of the Lillies that make it clear that the setting is basically a post-post-apocalyptic world

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Magnolia Porter giving the world one hell of a present for her birthday :stare:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, why did no one tell me about The Sword Interval before now!? Holy poo poo it's good!

Wait til you discover the author's other (unfinished, on hold) webcomic Derelict.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

nine-gear crow posted:

Whoah Bina

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait til you discover the author's other (unfinished, on hold) webcomic Derelict.

Last time I checked, the website went poof, which makes discovering it kinda hard now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cat Mattress posted:

Last time I checked, the website went poof, which makes discovering it kinda hard now.

https://derelictcomic.tumblr.com/

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

gotta suck having 4 gaping, large pipes on your head

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Binged Daughter of the Lilies between last night and today. Good poo poo!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Re: Monster Pulse - gross, I don't like that one bit!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dog Kisser posted:

Re: Monster Pulse - gross, I don't like that one bit!

But what if she can fly now?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-14-page-25

ohhh undine gettin' mad this is going to get Juicy

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, there's been a thing where Mary exposited that there was a "secret bitch" (sic) in the midsts and the entire Discord Server is kinda in agreement that Cass is both her (regardless of who the secret bitch actauly is) and an idiot.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 1, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Cass clearly does not have much emotional intelligence, but given that they’re all fighting horrifying monsters every evening I can understand her points of reference being really hosed up.

Plus she probably experiences death almost nightly?? I would not expect her powers to make her more reasonable.

Hopefully Undine mentions Goopy, I guess?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Unlucky7 posted:

I thought that there were other parts of Daughter of the Lillies that make it clear that the setting is basically a post-post-apocalyptic world

Maybe it did but I never picked up on it. Any examples?

It looks like it's either that or there was just some sort of fast forward though time, and the first option "it's been like this all along" seems most likely given the text.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Twenty Four posted:

Maybe it did but I never picked up on it. Any examples?

There are ruins of modern-day stuff in the scenery.
https://daughterofthelilies.com/dotl/707

So I'm not expecting this latest page to be a time skip to a new era, just the authors being less subtle about it.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

ConanThe3rd posted:

So, there's been a thing where Mary exposited that there was a "secret bitch" (sic) in the midsts and the entire Discord Server is kinda in agreement that Cass is both her (regardless of who the secret bitch actauly is) and an idiot.

Cassidy is just concerned about the rash of conjunctivitus infections at school and is going after patient zero.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I hope Udine doesn't even fight Cassidy, she just comes right out and lays it all down and then Cassidy will hopefully be like "Oh... holy poo poo." Also hopefully realizing that people with severe PTSD aren't always rational actors.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

There are ruins of modern-day stuff in the scenery.
https://daughterofthelilies.com/dotl/707

So I'm not expecting this latest page to be a time skip to a new era, just the authors being less subtle about it.

I guess I had completely forgotten about this, huh! Maybe because it's something that has barely been brought up and hasn't really had anything to do with the story so far.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

I hope Udine doesn't even fight Cassidy, she just comes right out and lays it all down and then Cassidy will hopefully be like "Oh... holy poo poo." Also hopefully realizing that people with severe PTSD aren't always rational actors.

Honestly I feel like even if she lays it all out, or at least hte broad strokes since I think Undine is hesitant to mention goop, Cass would still not be satisfied. She decided the best way to confront Undine is alone, in a fight and the way she's worded all this has an air of "what did you do". Like the other guy mentioned her power is kind of....unnerving to use, at best, & the whole magical girl situation is messed up in general so she probably has her own issues that she's projecting and honestly would anyone be surprised at a dose of tragic backstory that SHE'S not sharing that's giving her a bigger chip on her shoulder?

That said I think Undine is definitely going to lose her cool because this is a major trigger for her and wouldn't be surprised if she throws out some barbs that get Cassidy going because Undine doesnt know anything about her either. Gonna be a bad scene for a bit, is what I'm saying.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Twenty Four posted:

I guess I had completely forgotten about this, huh! Maybe because it's something that has barely been brought up and hasn't really had anything to do with the story so far.

I think in one of the chase scenes, the protagonist knocks over someone carrying a rare ancient artifact and it's literally a flashlight and two D batteries.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

rannum posted:

Honestly I feel like even if she lays it all out, or at least hte broad strokes since I think Undine is hesitant to mention goop, Cass would still not be satisfied. She decided the best way to confront Undine is alone, in a fight and the way she's worded all this has an air of "what did you do". Like the other guy mentioned her power is kind of....unnerving to use, at best, & the whole magical girl situation is messed up in general so she probably has her own issues that she's projecting and honestly would anyone be surprised at a dose of tragic backstory that SHE'S not sharing that's giving her a bigger chip on her shoulder?

That said I think Undine is definitely going to lose her cool because this is a major trigger for her and wouldn't be surprised if she throws out some barbs that get Cassidy going because Undine doesnt know anything about her either. Gonna be a bad scene for a bit, is what I'm saying.

She super hosed up by mentioning Udine’s eye color

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

I'm excited to see that Gosu is apparently coming back, something I wasn't expecting given the circumstances of its hiatus.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

I kinda hope 'dine tells her to gently caress off and not even give her the satisfaction of a fight.
Granted the whole clone thing basicaly is a set up for Undine to snap and give Cassidy a swift kick in The Cheat (via Laser strength water pressure) without immediate consequence so that's probably what's gonna go down.

Edit: Oh and Mary's gone on record about Cassidy being the secret bitch, so :ms: there.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 2, 2020

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Daughter of the Lilies is neat, just started reading it since you started talking about it and saw this background bit of relics of a bygone age so I guess the post-post-etc. was set up early.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Neophyte posted:

Daughter of the Lilies is neat, just started reading it since you started talking about it and saw this background bit of relics of a bygone age so I guess the post-post-etc. was set up early.
Daughter of Lillies is the one with the hooded/masked female character and it seemed like they were going to go for some really cool "she's full on Be Ye Not Afraid angel" thing, right? And in the end it was just more fantasy racism.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cave elves are, quite literally, CHUDs.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Oglaf has had some pretty extreme gross-out jokes in the past, so it's almost kind of impressive that the relatively mundane gag in today's strip is the first time it's ever made me retch
That man SHOULD be fired

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I suddenly remember the day they ran the comic with the eyefucking joke and all around was a resounding cry of "What the gently caress Oglaf?"

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

PMush Perfect posted:

Daughter of Lillies is the one with the hooded/masked female character and it seemed like they were going to go for some really cool "she's full on Be Ye Not Afraid angel" thing, right? And in the end it was just more fantasy racism.

I mean that might not be mutually exclusive. Yeah it's fantasy racism why she covers her face but I think she's got some sort of religious significance.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

belatedly but I was rereading some Oglaf because Morbi mentioned it and I prefer this take on the riddle path thing (SFW)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The riddle also doesn't make sense when one of the guards is explaining the riddle.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Cup Runneth Over posted:

belatedly but I was rereading some Oglaf because Morbi mentioned it and I prefer this take on the riddle path thing (SFW)

Isn't that block with the gaping face from Tomb of Horrors?

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Glagha posted:

I suddenly remember the day they ran the comic with the eyefucking joke and all around was a resounding cry of "What the gently caress Oglaf?"

I remember the reaction to this one, but could not remember the comic or any of the details. So I decided to go back through the archive and find it, despite my brain clearly wiping it from my memory to protect me. So, again:

Glagha posted:

"What the gently caress Oglaf?"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tenebrais posted:

The riddle also doesn't make sense when one of the guards is explaining the riddle.

It could have been "one guard only answers questions with lies, the other only answers questions with the truth." Considering you're usually having the riddle explained to you by a third party I think there's some leeway in explaining the rules necessary when you encounter it in the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It could have been "one guard only answers questions with lies, the other only answers questions with the truth." Considering you're usually having the riddle explained to you by a third party I think there's some leeway in explaining the rules necessary when you encounter it in the wild.

I think traditionally you'd have a plaque or something explaining the rules of the scenario, if you do it as a dungeon encounter. Though yeah, your way works too.